Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Roommate Scams

If you are looking for a roommate and you placed ads on roommate listings, regardless whether or not those listings are free or paid, chances are you will get a response from person who claims they are interested in being your roommate. This person will have no interest in being your roommate. There only interest is to scam you and rob you for your money. Buy Jordan Fax List Fact: roommate scams swarm roommate listings. Familiarizing yourself with these roommate scams is your first guard of protection from theft and fraud. If you don't know what a roommate scam is or how it sounds or look like, educate yourself fast before you become a victim. If you do become a victim of a roommate scam, you have to immediately contact your local authorities and possibly the FBI.

Here is what a roommate scam email looks like:

Hi,

I saw your ad on (roommate listing).com I am looking to rent a room or seek a roommate who is nice and honest. My name is Denise and I am 29 yr. old Broker currently living in London with my Uncle. I am honest, trustworthy and a caring individual who enjoys making good friends and having a good time.

I plan to come to the United States to work at a new brokerage firm on an 8 month contract. I just want to confirm the rent, utilities and if there is any deposit. What's the amount to move in altogether? I can pay you 2 months rent and would like to move in right away. I will have my associate in the United States send you a cashier's check for 2 the months payment.

Please forward me your full details where you want payment to be mailed

Hello i m watch you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
    X