Search:

Type: Posts; User: vsingh165; Keyword(s):

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.08 seconds.

1. Ma'am, Not going for a particular girl, but...

Ma'am,

Not going for a particular girl, but trying to rebuild from a mess that was clearly caused by confusion I have about expressing my intentions to a girl in an acceptable way. Different...
  2. I will keep trying to meet girls and get to know...

I will keep trying to meet girls and get to know them, but what kind of personality do women expect me to have? I am at square one when it comes to dating, and haven't had any success.

I have...
  3. There may be, but how many of them will actually...

There may be, but how many of them will actually accept me for who I am? How many of them will not make false assumptions about me and see that my actual intentions are good? Been there, done that,...
  4. Well after these responses, it seems like I will...

Well after these responses, it seems like I will be between a rock and a hard place for the rest of my life. Either I ditch my family, enjoy my freedom, and bury the shame, or I go along with my...
  5. OK, perhaps I should have been clearer in that I...

OK, perhaps I should have been clearer in that I would show affection in private with her or in a lesser form while out on a date. Of course I know my limits in front of parents/family; I am *not* a...
  6. How can I express love while obeying Indian culture norms?

I recently went to Hyderabad to see my girlfriend who I got to know via family friends. Since I was raised (and live) in USA, I found the culture in India to be restrictive when it came to showing...
  7. Whenever you feel anxiety about failure, reuse...

Whenever you feel anxiety about failure, reuse that energy to push onward and try, even if you do fail. The world is not out there to judge your failures, and most reasonable people will appreciate...
  8. Replies
    Views

Great thread and interesting questions posed...

Great thread and interesting questions posed here.

However, some of you are claiming that we in the West are "less angry" than people in India. This couldn't be further from the truth. The US...
  9. Replies
    Views

This isn't a dating or matrimony site. This...

This isn't a dating or matrimony site. This section is meant for questions only, please.
  10. Replies
    Views

Not everyone is a test taker extraordinaire. ...

Not everyone is a test taker extraordinaire. Test scores cannot fully capture your ability, since they can only measure your ability to memorize facts and write them down on paper in a limited time...
  11. Replies
    Views

Saying "I love you" is nowhere close to a...

Saying "I love you" is nowhere close to a marriage proposal, and you clearly need to understand this important distinction. Marriage is the biggest commitment anyone makes in their life, and it is...
  12. Replies
    Views

In his 2005 Stanford commencement speech, Steve...

In his 2005 Stanford commencement speech, Steve Jobs wisely said that we cannot logically connect the dots in our future path. All we can do is trust our intuition and creativity. Lean on those and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Amazes me how you can be so sad about losing your...

Amazes me how you can be so sad about losing your first gf when you live in the world's most populous country. There are a LOT of women out there to meet! Forget your past and forge ahead. You're...
  14. Replies
    Views

Humans have a tendency to fulfill their needs in...

Humans have a tendency to fulfill their needs in other ways if the preferred way is not working. Intimacy is not a forced action; it is much, MUCH more complex than that. Just as it takes time,...
  15. Replies
    Views

Sorry for double-replying to this thread, but I'm...

Sorry for double-replying to this thread, but I'm seeing a lot of people posting their personal contact info here. I understand that you want to help, and that's fine, but please PM your contact...
  16. Replies
    Views

Ok first of all, a GRE score isn't going to help...

Ok first of all, a GRE score isn't going to help you land an engineering job. Other exams will also not help you much. The best way to get hired is to network with people and make professional...
  17. Replies
    Views

From what I understand (I've lived in the US for...

From what I understand (I've lived in the US for a while), getting a job in India is no straightforward process. The best way, in my opinion, is to network with people you already know in India via...
  18. Replies
    Views

Use your networking skills to see whether there...

Use your networking skills to see whether there are jobs, and send your resumes through those people. I can assure you that you will have much more success that way, instead of just applying online...
  19. Replies
    Views

Not to hate on the institution of marriage here,...

Not to hate on the institution of marriage here, as I understand that it is a very sacred tradition in India (I was born in India but raised in the US), but it's not necessary to get married. What's...
  20. Replies
    Views

Dude chill out and take a break from your...

Dude chill out and take a break from your "friends". It's a good sign that you refer to these other guys as "friends" because you definitely realize that these people aren't your true friends. True...
  21. Replies
    Views

Marriage is not something you can specifically...

Marriage is not something you can specifically demand from someone. Treat her as a friend for now and dial back the romance. You seem to want to ONLY have her as your gf. Who said it was wrong to...
  22. Replies
    Views

Before exploring your options, find your passion...

Before exploring your options, find your passion in life. What is it that drives you? Don't just take up a particular career option to make your resume "look good" and get a high salary. I can...
  23. Thread: failed twice

by vsingh165
    Replies
    Views

Don't be concerned about where you are going to...

Don't be concerned about where you are going to school. And don't take engineering just because other people make good money doing it. Do what drives you, and you'll do amazing at it. I did...
  24. I did manage to network with a former PhD student...

I did manage to network with a former PhD student at my college who is now a senior software eng at Apple (the Cupertino headquarters). Apple seems to truly embrace creativity in its people and is...
  25. Thanks for your help, but I've given up on...

Thanks for your help, but I've given up on corporate jobs. Corporate bureaucracy is the very reason why engineering is considered drudgery rather than creativity that serves to make the world a...
  26. Swetu, Thank you for your help and advice, but...

Swetu,

Thank you for your help and advice, but I have considered time and time again that maybe there is a company out there that appreciates my problem solving and people skills; all the company...
  27. I am looking in the US since I live there, but if...

I am looking in the US since I live there, but if companies seriously operate this way these days, I really don't see the point of offering my services to them. 50 years ago, no one talked about...
  28. Swetu, I already have memberships on Monster,...

Swetu,

I already have memberships on Monster, LinkedIn, and IEEE job sites, and I've made my profiles very complete and readable for recruiters. I'm a US citizen, so jobs in India would be...
  29. @theachiever: Thanks for your advice, but I've...

@theachiever: Thanks for your advice, but I've done all those things. I've done the research on digital signal processing and other topics in the field that interest me, and I know what the market...
  30. Replies
    Views

You should move out into the world and do...

You should move out into the world and do something great that benefits yourself and others. You are an adult now, and the main reason your parents are not letting you out of town is because you...
  31. Yes, I may not know the products if I am not one...

Yes, I may not know the products if I am not one of these so-called "experts", but that doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to learn it quickly.

Also, in reply to kish123, I've said such things...
  32. Replies
    Views

Feminine energy is a tough thing for us men to...

Feminine energy is a tough thing for us men to appreciate. We tend to be quite a bit more demure that women, who are usually quite social and often react emotionally to situations. It's perfectly...
  33. The thing is though, I don't consider myself a...

The thing is though, I don't consider myself a fresher since I already have 2 years of IT experience under my belt, as well as 1 year of experience doing semiconductor research with a very...
  34. How can I start an engineering career when everyone wants experts and not freshers?

Preeto Maam,

I know it's been a while since I last posted here, but I am much better off now that I have recently got my electrical engineering degree. I'm also much better off socially,...
  35. Replies
    Views

Preeto Maam, you are right. Also, thanks for...

Preeto Maam, you are right. Also, thanks for your previous advice. It's been a while since I've posted on these forums, but it's great to come back! I've really progressed as a person and have...
  36. Replies
    Views

Dude, relax. If you didn't get into MBA school,...

Dude, relax. If you didn't get into MBA school, no big deal. There are millions of people in this world that have bigger issues than you. Find your passion in life and achieve it; don't succumb to...
  37. Replies
    Views

Negativity is not necessarily something you have...

Negativity is not necessarily something you have to get rid of; it's something that we all live with our entire lives. However, you must take your problems/negative energy and use it towards...
  38. Replies
    Views

Being 21 years old and somewhat experienced in...

Being 21 years old and somewhat experienced in this area (not quite as much as some of the other guys here lol), I can say that girls don't really prefer it either way (they may say they do, but...
  39. Replies
    Views

She's probably the world's hottest geek. Can't...

She's probably the world's hottest geek. Can't beat that! tfs
  40. Replies
    Views

Before addressing this problem with a pill or...

Before addressing this problem with a pill or medical treatment, let's address the emotional problems first! This is why so many kids who are said to have ADD/ADHD are addicted to pills they never...
  41. Replies
    Views

I do find this a bit superficial; this is the...

I do find this a bit superficial; this is the media's portrayal of women, and it is so incorrect! Women are so much deeper than what is covered here. Please do not share such baseless crap again!
  42. Replies
    Views

Beating up these guys is no mature or strong way...

Beating up these guys is no mature or strong way to deal with these guys. Expand your social network and treat everyone with respect. Even the worst bullies can't stand up to respect and honesty...
  43. OK, that doesn't make sense at all. A woman in a...

OK, that doesn't make sense at all. A woman in a bikini is definitely sensual, just ask any of us men out there! Those feminists sure know how to make mountains out of molehills.
  44. Replies
    Views

You can't "impress" a girl in the sense that she...

You can't "impress" a girl in the sense that she will react to a bunch of text and pictures on your profile. What you can do however, is demonstrate that you practice balance in your everyday life,...
  45. Replies
    Views

Be clear about what you want. If you are...

Be clear about what you want. If you are attracted to this girl, then go up and approach her, say "Hello" at least! The thing she will immediately judge you on is your confidence in socializing...
  46. Replies
    Views

Good post, Preeto Maam, this is exactly what all...

Good post, Preeto Maam, this is exactly what all of us men need. Thank you so much! tfs
  47. Thread: French Kiss

by vsingh165
    Replies
    Views

With girls, it's not about the technique or...

With girls, it's not about the technique or trick. What really gets them is your approach towards her and the vibe that you project outwards from yourself. Women tend to be very sensitive about...
  48. Replies
    Views

First off, I'd like to say that I do not see the...

First off, I'd like to say that I do not see the point of this stupid arranged marriage bs; I've seen more trouble than happiness result from it!

Anyways, I think you should start meeting women...
  49. Replies
    Views

I think your chances are over with this girl. ...

I think your chances are over with this girl. Sorry to discourage you, but you've basically been stalking her the past few months. Girls despise this behavior, and will immediately dismiss any guy...
  50. Replies
    Views

You can't force your gf (or anyone for that...

You can't force your gf (or anyone for that matter) to behave or dress a certain way. She is a HUMAN BEING, not a computer you can program to your own desires! You must respect that she can make...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4