Search:

Type: Posts; User: ashdoc; Keyword(s):

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.04 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review--Indu sarkar

Indu Sarkar is a cleverly connived name---ostensibly it is the name of the heroine of the movie played by Kirti Kulhari . But the game of the name is different of course . The whole movie harks back...
  2. Ashdoc's movie review---Lipstick under my Burkha

The setting is the city of Bhopal , which is half Hindu and nearly half Muslim . And appropriately the movie is about the lives of four women who live in the same neighbourhood , two of whom are...
  3. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Dunkirk

For those who don't know , this is the background to Dunkirk . In the second world war , the Germans handed a huge defeat to the defending French and British soldiers in France . A part of the French...
  4. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Shab

Shab has a lot of things going for it . Firstly , it has great background music . The songs too are definitely worth listening to again and again . Secondly , it has beautiful cinematography . Some...
  5. Replies
    Views

many movies in which a lot of hard work was put...

many movies in which a lot of hard work was put in have not delivered , and some have even failed at the box office inspite of the effort put . of course , i am not saying that about 'baby driver' ....
  6. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Baby driver

Baby ( played by Ansel Elgort ) is the nickname of a fabulously talented car driver who has had the bad luck of being forced to use his skills at driving for the wrong guys---thieves who carry out...
  7. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Mom

Sridevi plays a schoolteacher named Devki Sabharwal who is popular with her students . Her step daughter Arya ( Pakistani actress Sajal Ali ) however refuses to accept her as her mom and prefers to...
  8. Ashdoc's movie review---A death in the Gunj

This english language film made by Bollywood is set in the hill station of McCluskieganj in what was then the Indian state of Bihar in the year 1979 . Now McCluskieganj is in the state of Jharkhand ,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---G kutta se

I went to watch this movie because the critics are crowing about it , and on the other hand the jat community of Haryana is protesting against the film . Actually even on the first day of it's...
  10. Ashdoc's movie review---Sachin , a billion dreams

I watched this film for old times sake....today my interest in cricket is less , and time is even less for watching the sport . But I used to watch cricket on TV as I was growing up , during my...
  11. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The lost city of Z

To be honest the only thing that prevents this film from being a borefest is the fact that the film is based on real happenings , and the acceptance of that fact that real happenings cannot be made...
  12. Ashdoc's movie review---Everything , Everything

Maddy ( played by Amandla Stenberg ) is a cute young girl who is supposed to have an immune disease that will kill her if she comes into contact with the outside world . So her mother ( played by...
  13. Ashdoc's movie review---The sense of an ending

'The sense of an ending' could have well been titled 'Making sense of an ending' , for at the end of the movie we are left confused as to who was dating whom and who was fathering whom in the past ....
  14. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Meri pyari Bindu

This film has been marketed as a comedy film , but is more of a sentimental / nostalgic movie between a boy who dreams of a life of permanent togetherness and a girl who is totally commitment phobic...
  15. to add to the above review--- One thing about...

to add to the above review---

One thing about the movie is it's unabashed trumpeting of hindu identity and culture , something that Bollywood has been remarkably squeamish in showing . Statues of...
  16. Ashdoc's movie review---Bahubali the conclusion

The only show in town , or rather the only show in India this weekend---S S Rajamouli's magnum opus 'Bahubali the conclusion ( part second )'....for it had hogged almost all shows and all screens at...
  17. Ashdoc's movie review---Bahubali the conclusion

The only show in town , or rather the only show in India this weekend---S S Rajamouli's magnum opus 'Bahubali the conclusion ( part second )'....for it had hogged almost all shows and all screens at...
  18. Ashdoc's movie review---The zookeeper's wife

1939---the nazi panzers are going to roll over Europe and ignite the second world war . Poland is going to be the next victim of nazi aggression ( Czechoslovakia was the first ) . One of the biggest...
  19. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Begum Jaan

For Bollywood , partition of the country is an endless well from which more and more material can be drawn for making movies after movies and making more money.....well , maybe the well is now in a...
  20. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Begum Jaan

For Bollywood , partition of the country is an endless well from which more and more material can be drawn for making movies after movies and making more money.....well , maybe the well is now in a...
  21. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Mukti bhavan

The town of Banaras---the heart of hinduism , on the banks of the much polluted ( remember the movie 'Ram teri Ganga mailee' ? ) river Ganga . But the river still gives mental peace to millions of...
  22. Ashdoc's movie review---The salesman ( Iranian film )

This Iranian film is currently being screened in India , as it was the winner of an oscar in the best foreign film category . It is in the farsi language I guess , but I saw the movie with english...
  23. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Naam Shabana

Tapsee Pannu plays Shabana Khan , who is a girl with a controversial past---she had fought back violence with violence and had to face the consequences for doing so . But the courage that she showed...
  24. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Lion

Lion is the true story of an Indian boy adopted by Australian parents , who grew up to search for his long lost biological mother in India decades later .
    He remembers calling himself as Saroo ,...
  25. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Lion

Lion is the true story of an Indian boy adopted by Australian parents , who grew up to search for his long lost biological mother in India decades later .
    He remembers calling himself as Saroo ,...
  26. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Anarkali of Arrah

The moffusil towns of UP and Bihar---ashdoc's favourite haunt cinematically....physically i would think twice before going there , given the law and order situation in those parts . But that is the...
  27. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Beauty and the beast

Once upon a time ( this archetypal start means that this is nothing but a fairy tale ) there was a good looking prince ( played by Dan Stevens ) . But he was also arrogant , so arrogant that he...
  28. Ashdoc's movie review---Kong ; Skull island

A man ( John Goodman playing Bill Randa ) hell bent on proving the existence of monster sized creatures tricks the US military into an expedition to a forbidding island---forbidding because it is...
  29. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Split

The critics were crowing about this Manoj Night Shyamalan film , and after a long time and a number of bad films he seemed to have found his groove back . So off I went to the theatre , like a loyal...
  30. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The Ghazi attack

This film is a fictionalised account of the sinking of Pakistani submarine Ghazi ( holy warrior ) during the India Pakistan war of 1971---the liberation of Bangladesh . The Indians have said that...
  31. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Rings

A cursed videotape causes the death of anyone who sees it seven days after that person has watched it , and immediately after watching it that person gets a phone call informing that he/she has seven...
  32. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Kaabil

To be honest I am reluctant to see movies of physically handicapped people , and it was not easy to coax myself to see this movie in which both the hero and the heroine are blind .

Hrithik Roshan...
  33. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Raees

This film is said to have been made on an obscure ( obscure at least to me , though probably well known to local people ) Don from the Indian state of Gujarat named Abdul Latif , though the film...
  34. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The bye bye man

Over 40 years ago , a crazed man living in a particular house shot dead scores of people . The findings of the investigation into the crime were suppressed till the current era . The happenings were...
  35. Ashdoc's movie review---Tee sadhya kaay kartey ( What does she do now ? )

This marathi movie has a name that intrigues the mind---'What does she do now ?'. Obviously it is calculated to remind us of all the old flames we loved and liked in school and college days , but...
  36. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Dangal

Amir Khan plays Mahavir Singh Phogat , a former wrestler who hopes for a son , because that son could potentially turn out to be the wrestler who could deliver what Mahavir couldn't---a gold medal...
  37. Thread: Arrival

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

Arrival

Amy Adams plays a linguist who is shown caring for her daughter , but the daughter dies in adolescence due to cancer .However , the situation in the world is turned upside down by the appearance of...
  38. Thread: La La Land

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

La La Land

This is the first time I watched a Hollywood musical , and I must confess that I dont know how to review a Hollywood musical . Though I review Bollywood musicals all the time ( for almost all...
  39. Replies
    Views

Dear zindagi review

Alia Bhatt plays a cinematographer in the film industry . Her career is in Mumbai but she is from Goa . Her problem is that she moves from relationship to relationship but shirks away from commitment...
  40. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Force 2

John Abraham plays the brooding cop who still broods over his now dead wife , who was killed in the war against drugs in the first edition of the movie . So much so that he still has visions of her...
  41. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Rock On 2

'Rock on' is a demonstration of how westernised director Farhan Akhtar is....and yet he has managed to keep in touch with the Indianness within---a perfect blend of east and west .

He plays a...
  42. Replies
    Views

43. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Mr Church

Review has spoilers

Young Charlotte and her mother ( who is dying of breast cancer ) get a new person in their house all of a sudden---a person ( Eddie Murphy ) who comes as a cook , but soon...
  44. Replies
    Views

45. Replies
    Views

deleted............

deleted............
  46. Replies
    Views

nobody pays me for these reviews . i spread these...

nobody pays me for these reviews . i spread these reviews across many forums . on other forums some people do read my reviews and answer them .
  47. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Ae dil hain mushkil

Review has spoilers

'Ae dil hai mushkil' very literally translates into 'O heart it is difficult' , though the people with greater understanding of poetry will doubtlessly find deeper meanings...
  48. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Shivaay

Ajay Devgan plays Shivaay who is a mountaineer capable of extreme skills ; no wonder , because he is virtually the modern incarnation of the hindu god Shiva---with long hair and trishul (...
  49. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---31st october

31st october deals with the aftermath of the assassination of Mrs Indira Gandhi , the prime minister of the country---an event that occurred in the year 1984 . The subsequent massacres of the sikh...
  50. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Inferno

One of the reasons for me watching this film was the inclusion of Irfan Khan , an Indian Bollywood actor in the cast . And I belong to the same country . When I watched it I found one more 'Indian'...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4