Search:

Type: Posts; User: ashdoc; Keyword(s):

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.01 seconds.

1. Ashdoc's movie review---Anarkali of Arrah

The moffusil towns of UP and Bihar---ashdoc's favourite haunt cinematically....physically i would think twice before going there , given the law and order situation in those parts . But that is the...
  2. Ashdoc's movie review---Beauty and the beast

Once upon a time ( this archetypal start means that this is nothing but a fairy tale ) there was a good looking prince ( played by Dan Stevens ) . But he was also arrogant , so arrogant that he...
  3. Ashdoc's movie review---Kong ; Skull island

A man ( John Goodman playing Bill Randa ) hell bent on proving the existence of monster sized creatures tricks the US military into an expedition to a forbidding island---forbidding because it is...
  4. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Split

The critics were crowing about this Manoj Night Shyamalan film , and after a long time and a number of bad films he seemed to have found his groove back . So off I went to the theatre , like a loyal...
  5. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The Ghazi attack

This film is a fictionalised account of the sinking of Pakistani submarine Ghazi ( holy warrior ) during the India Pakistan war of 1971---the liberation of Bangladesh . The Indians have said that...
  6. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Rings

A cursed videotape causes the death of anyone who sees it seven days after that person has watched it , and immediately after watching it that person gets a phone call informing that he/she has seven...
  7. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Kaabil

To be honest I am reluctant to see movies of physically handicapped people , and it was not easy to coax myself to see this movie in which both the hero and the heroine are blind .

Hrithik Roshan...
  8. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Raees

This film is said to have been made on an obscure ( obscure at least to me , though probably well known to local people ) Don from the Indian state of Gujarat named Abdul Latif , though the film...
  9. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The bye bye man

Over 40 years ago , a crazed man living in a particular house shot dead scores of people . The findings of the investigation into the crime were suppressed till the current era . The happenings were...
  10. Ashdoc's movie review---Tee sadhya kaay kartey ( What does she do now ? )

This marathi movie has a name that intrigues the mind---'What does she do now ?'. Obviously it is calculated to remind us of all the old flames we loved and liked in school and college days , but...
  11. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Dangal

Amir Khan plays Mahavir Singh Phogat , a former wrestler who hopes for a son , because that son could potentially turn out to be the wrestler who could deliver what Mahavir couldn't---a gold medal...
  12. Thread: Arrival

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

Arrival

Amy Adams plays a linguist who is shown caring for her daughter , but the daughter dies in adolescence due to cancer .However , the situation in the world is turned upside down by the appearance of...
  13. Thread: La La Land

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

La La Land

This is the first time I watched a Hollywood musical , and I must confess that I dont know how to review a Hollywood musical . Though I review Bollywood musicals all the time ( for almost all...
  14. Replies
    Views

Dear zindagi review

Alia Bhatt plays a cinematographer in the film industry . Her career is in Mumbai but she is from Goa . Her problem is that she moves from relationship to relationship but shirks away from commitment...
  15. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Force 2

John Abraham plays the brooding cop who still broods over his now dead wife , who was killed in the war against drugs in the first edition of the movie . So much so that he still has visions of her...
  16. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Rock On 2

'Rock on' is a demonstration of how westernised director Farhan Akhtar is....and yet he has managed to keep in touch with the Indianness within---a perfect blend of east and west .

He plays a...
  17. Replies
    Views

18. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Mr Church

Review has spoilers

Young Charlotte and her mother ( who is dying of breast cancer ) get a new person in their house all of a sudden---a person ( Eddie Murphy ) who comes as a cook , but soon...
  19. Replies
    Views

20. Replies
    Views

deleted............

deleted............
  21. Replies
    Views

nobody pays me for these reviews . i spread these...

nobody pays me for these reviews . i spread these reviews across many forums . on other forums some people do read my reviews and answer them .
  22. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Ae dil hain mushkil

Review has spoilers

'Ae dil hai mushkil' very literally translates into 'O heart it is difficult' , though the people with greater understanding of poetry will doubtlessly find deeper meanings...
  23. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Shivaay

Ajay Devgan plays Shivaay who is a mountaineer capable of extreme skills ; no wonder , because he is virtually the modern incarnation of the hindu god Shiva---with long hair and trishul (...
  24. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---31st october

31st october deals with the aftermath of the assassination of Mrs Indira Gandhi , the prime minister of the country---an event that occurred in the year 1984 . The subsequent massacres of the sikh...
  25. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Inferno

One of the reasons for me watching this film was the inclusion of Irfan Khan , an Indian Bollywood actor in the cast . And I belong to the same country . When I watched it I found one more 'Indian'...
  26. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The accountant

Ben Affleck plays an accountant who was diagnosed as autistic since childhood , but possesses extremely high intelligence . So high that he can account in a short time for internal embezzlement of...
  27. Ashdoc's movie review---The girl on the train

Review has spoilers

For starters---the movie should have been named 'The woman on the train' instead of 'girl' , for Emily Blunt is obviously not shown young enough to be called a 'girl' . But the...
  28. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Mirzya

From the land of Punjab in northwest India comes the legend of Mirzya---of a warrior named Mirzya who won the love of a beautiful girl ( they are always beautiful in these stories ) who was forbidden...
  29. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Queen of katwe

In the slums of Katwe in Uganda lives a rather uncommon person who is in contrast to the settings---Phiona Mutesi , a young girl who plays the cerebral game of chess ; and she has been recognised as...
  30. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Parched

This film is a a typical film made for the western audiences who shower awards on it after lapping up all the grime and poverty that is showcased in the movie . It is a well oiled machine ; a film...
  31. Ashdoc's movie review---The magnificent seven

I must confess that it was the first time I saw any version of 'The magnificent seven' . I haven't seen the original , and the fact that I haven't seen it aided greatly in my cinematic entertainment...
  32. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Sully

This movie is based on a real life incident where an aircraft carrying 155 passengers had to be downed in the Hudson river at New York because both engines had failed due to colliding with birds (...
  33. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Don't breathe

Three burglars decide to rob a blind man who has a large sum of money stacked in the safe in his house---money he got as settlement when his daughter got killed in an accident . The blind man lives...
  34. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Pink

Review has spoilers

Three mod babes go to a resort with some young guys they meet at a rock concert . The three seem to be from the bubble gum crowd---wearing miniskirts or shorts showing off...
  35. Thread: Unindian

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

Unindian

This is an Australian film with a director of Indian origin---for even though the film is called 'Unindian' , it predictably has several Indian characters .

But the star of the show is Australian...
  36. Thread: Mohenjo daro

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

Mohenjo daro

The real cracker of the movie Mohenjo daro comes in the ending . Instead of being destroyed by waves of Aryans from south Russia and central asia ( as the leftist historians claim ) , the great...
  37. Thread: Rustom

by ashdoc
    Replies
    Views

Rustom

This is a film on the sensational real life case that occurred in Mumbai ( the city was then called Bombay ) in 1959 , where a commander of the Indian navy shot dead the man who was having an affair...
  38. Replies
    Views

Lights out ( short review )

This newly released horror movie I saw today . Predictably , the ghost in this movie can attack only when the lights are out and it's powers wane when the lights are on . So the trick to keep the...
  39. Ashdoc's movie review---The legend of Tarzan

This movie has not impressed the critics , but I liked it . It is the kind of movie that impresses the audiences more than the critics anyway .

The hallmark of the movie is it's great photography...
  40. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Shorgul

Once again I am attracted to my favourite cinematic destination---the mofussil towns of Indian states of Uttar pradesh ( UP ) and Bihar . And my favourite cinematic recipe---those towns burning with...
  41. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Udta Punjab

The Bombay high court really did us a favour by allowing 'udta Punjab' to be released without too many cuts---for the film is really worth seeing . It is hard not to be affected by the performances...
  42. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---The conjuring 2

The film is supposedly based on a 'true' story---that is , if you believe such tales of ghosts and spirits ( i don't ) .

The Warrens ( who have been seen in other films like Conjuring part one...
  43. Ashdoc's movie review---Do lafzon kee kahani

'Do lafzon kee kahani' is a simple and predictable love story set in Malaysia , and stars Randeep Hooda and Kajal Agarwal in the lead roles .

Randeep is a boxer by profession , who becomes an...
  44. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Me before you

William is a wealthy young man who wants to live life to the full , indulging in adventure sports and hard work in equal measure . But his life is turned upside down in an accident that leaves him...
  45. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Azhar

One wonders why Azharruddin gave permission to make this film---for even though it purports to remove the stigma of the match fixing scandal from him , it actually once again reminded me of the whole...
  46. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Phobia

Radhika Apte is a young and talented painter who exhibits her paintings in art exhibitions . She is hot and sexy and likes to wear exposing clothes , especially because she has the body to show off ....
  47. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Baaghi

At last we have our very own Indian martial arts action hero---and he is none other than Tiger Shroff , the son of veteran actor Jackie Shroff . The stunts he can pull , the chops he can hit , the...
  48. Replies
    Views

Ashdoc's movie review---Money monster

George Clooney plays a financial guru who gives advice to people about the stock exchange on his show 'Money monster' . Julia Roberts is the director of the show and George repeatedly asks her out...
  49. Ashdoc's movie review---Pele , birth of a legend

Footballer 'Pele'---meaning 'black diamond' in portuguese , the national language of Brazil . The man justly declared to be the national treasure of that nation . But as the movie reveals , the name...
  50. Ashdoc's movie review---marathi movie 'Sairat' ( wild )

If selective outrage is your cup of tea , then 'Sairat' is the right filmy destination for you . It is made by dalit moviemaker Nagraj Manjule . The dominant hindu castes are of course the villains...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4