Thread: 'My Lovers Are Terrified Of Me': Lily Allen

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default 'My Lovers Are Terrified Of Me': Lily Allen

'My lovers are terrified of me... they don't want to end up in a song,' reveals Lily Allen

LILY ALLEN has found fame and fortune with her talent for writing biting pop songs about ex boyfriends. Her new album features a track called Not Fair, in which she refers to an ex being rubbish between the sheets. She sings: “There’s just one thing that’s getting in the way/When we go up to bed you’re just no good/It’s such a shame/I look into your eyes, I want to get to know you/And then you make this noise and it’s apparent it’s all over.” So it comes as no surprise that these days Lily’s boyfriends are careful how they treat her. Lily, 23, laughs and says: “Now guys are really nice when they’re breaking up with me because they don’t want to end up on a song. “Five years ago, before I was famous, I’d go on a date and guys would never call me again. Now it’s different. None of my songs are fictional, they’re all real.”

Lily’s follow-up to her multi-million selling debut Alright, Still is aptly entitled It’s Not Me, It’s You. The London-born singer refuses to reveal which of her exes any of the songs are about. Her latest high profile romance was a holiday fling with wealthy art dealer JAY JOPLING. Estranged from his artist wife SAM TAYLOR-WOOD, Jay and Lily were snapped slobbering all over each other on a beach in St Barts in the Caribbean over the New Year. At 45 he is almost twice Lily’s age and the relationship soon fizzled out (perhaps he should be wary of the next album she writes). Lily is currently single, although probably not for long.

She appears to crave a father figure — her own dad, actor Keith Allen, wasn’t around much when she was growing up — so she tends to date blokes much older than her. She explains: “It’s funny because my boyfriends have gone up in terms of age and how much money they make. LESTER (LLOYD, her first proper boyfriend) was 20 and had no money, SEB (CHEW, a record company exec) was 30 and had a bit more, ED (SIMONS, of the CHEMICAL BROTHERS) was 40 and had a bit more and Jay is nearly 50. “That means the next one’s probably gonna be 60. I like them old... and rich.” She is poking fun at herself, something she does a lot now she is feeling happy and loving life. Lily also appears to have a crush on new US President BARACK OBAMA. She says: “He’s amazing, so gorgeous and really sexy. I love him.” And she admits that if she were stuck on a desert island and had to choose between the only two men on there — PM GORDON BROWN or Tory leader DAVID CAMERON — it would have to be the Prime Minister. She says: “I like Gordon Brown actually. Gordon or Cameron? I’d say Gordon.”

She certainly has a lot to be happy about these days. Her first single from the new album, The Fear, is set to knock LADY GAGA from the top of the charts this Sunday and It’s Not Me, It’s You has already won rave reviews from music critics. more lucrative.”

Banned
    Dharmo Hi Hato Hanti | Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah ||

after seeing these pictures, i am sure that they must be terrified! She seems to be crazy