Thread: @@@@ taliban strikes - reporter shot dead ! @@@@

SB Champion Lieutenant

Default @@@@ taliban strikes - reporter shot dead ! @@@@

Pakistani journalist Mosa Khankhel, a correspondent for Geo TV and The News, died with his boots on as he headed for Swat in the country's restive northwest to report on peace talks between a radical cleric and his son-in-law who heads the Taliban that controls the area.

Unidentified gunmen shot Khankhel dead at Matta, near Swat, where the peace talks were to be held.

In his last report before his death on the departure of cleric Sufi Mohammad of the Tahrik-e-Nifaz Shariat Muhammadi (TNSM) for talks with Maulana Fazlullah, the journalist said: "The convoy is departing for Matta. Sufi Ahmed will go with the convoy to Matta.

"Attempts are being made to restore peace in the area," Khankhel added.

The TNSM had Monday signed an agreement with the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) government to impose Shariat laws in the provinces Malakand region, which includes the once picturesque tourist destination of Swat.

President Asif Ali Zardari has said he would approve the pact if the Taliban, whose writ runs in the Malakand region, laid down their arms and restored peace in the area.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Information and Broadcasting Minister Sherry Rehman, immediately condemned the journalist's killing, terming it an unacceptable act.

Khankhel is the fourth journalist to be killed in terrorist violence this year.

Tahir Awan and Mohammad Imran were killed in an explosion at the scene of a suicide blast they were reporting on at the NWFP's Dera Ismail Khan town.

Awan freelanced for local dailies Eitedal and Apna Akhbar while Imran was a trainee cameraman with Express News.

In Rawalpindi adjacent to Islamabad, unknown assailants gunned down Aamer Wakil who worked with Rohi TV and edited the local daily Awami Inqalab.

A week later, journalist Kamal Azfir survived an attempt on his life in a firing incident near Kohat in NWFP.

Source: Indo-Asian News Service

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

Obama will finish taliban withing 1 year.

!! वन्दे मातरम् !! Major

so sad news yar.

SB Champion Lieutenant

if this is wat PEACE PROCESS means... m sure ppl will prefer WAR !!!

SB Champion Lieutenant

wat say guys !!!

Banned Colonel

are gattu

these guys want to be absolute rulers

they want to control pakistan because they lost afghan

pakistan has to decide to eliminate these taliban guys

SB Champion Lieutenant

killing a Journalist doesnt justify nethin or does it ??????

how can ne 1 ever trust the so called "PEACE PROCESS" between Taliban n Pak govt !!

Doctor Lieutenant General nutkhutsunny's Avatar

Really Sad News...............
    Love the Words
    Eco friendly, Nature ke Rakshak
    Mein bhi hun
    "Nature"

SB Spearhead Field Marshal Rocky-10's Avatar

Very sad News.....

Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman,
    but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.

{Forum Emperor} Lieutenant General !! K A R A N !!'s Avatar

Bad News. very unfortunate. My deepest condolences to his family !!!

my friends we all know very well , who killed him , and why ....and thoes guys talking it very normaly because it is very common to kill anyone in NWFP. Where is sharia law's now..or in sharia their is any rule against reporter also....or sharia is against using technology and broadcasting ...well I condemmed this henious act ..and it is the right time to act against this taliban for you my Pakistani friends ..because taliban is trying to make your country Afganistan.....and only you can stop this...and in this quote I m not against Pakistan ..I have sympathy for NWFP people & I feel immense pain when I hear news about barbarian act with gals and social workers !!!

"I can't escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand !!!

"Tђモ MΘĐΞЯ@t◎Я"
    Smile It's the second best thing you can do with your lips !!!

SB Champion Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by !! K A R A N !! View Post
    Bad News. very unfortunate. My deepest condolences to his family !!!

my friends we all know very well , who killed him , and why ....and thoes guys talking it very normaly because it is very common to kill anyone in NWFP. Where is sharia law's now..or in sharia their is any rule against reporter also....or sharia is against using technology and broadcasting ...well I condemmed this henious act ..and it is the right time to act against this taliban for you my Pakistani friends ..because taliban is trying to make your country Afganistan.....and only you can stop this...and in this quote I m not against Pakistan ..I have sympathy for NWFP people & I feel immense pain when I hear news about barbarian act with gals and social workers !!!
    I think a strong LEADER is required.. not like their current PRESIDENT ... but this is wat we on the other side of the borders think... may b Pakistani ppl prefer Islamic Laws .... neways its only in SWAT at the moment !! hope it doesnt spread ne more !!1

● Positive & Inspired ● Major Singh_king's Avatar

Question

As you sow so shall you reap....Its getting dangerous guys. First it was US which started Afghanistan. That time these terrorists were glorified..Remember Rambo....Then Pakistan created Taliban in a bid to control Afghanistan after Russia left....Afghanistan gone, now Taliban has turned towards their own mentor....I am afraid this will have serious repurcussions....Pakistan existence as at stake.....