Thread: Want to increase my height

Unhappy Want to increase my height

Hi, im 17 yrs old boy.. and my height is 5'5 inches..
    my problem is my height!

i want to knw all possible ways of increasing my height.
    i hav many question..

1. Can i really increase my height now?
    2. If so How much can i ?
    3. What kind of exercises can help me boost up my height(pls explain in detail)
    4. Should i follow a special diet? or any food in particular which can help me?

Guys, if u hav any suggestions.. Pls come forward and tell me.
    I need all the help i can get!

THank U..
    He who rises in glory........sinks in Pride

Default nothing to worry!!!!!!sweet heart

Quote Originally Posted by hi_123 View Post
    Hi, im 17 yrs old boy.. and my height is 5'5 inches..
    my problem is my height!

i want to knw all possible ways of increasing my height.
    i hav many question..

1. Can i really increase my height now?
    2. If so How much can i ?
    3. What kind of exercises can help me boost up my height(pls explain in detail)
    4. Should i follow a special diet? or any food in particular which can help me?

Guys, if u hav any suggestions.. Pls come forward and tell me.
    I need all the help i can get!

THank U..
    u are just of 17 .u know boysss hieght can increase till the age 21,,,,,,,,,,,yes urss age can increase urs height my dear but u have to do certain efforts,,,, like use to play jumpingggggg games.like volley walll this help to increase urs height.take milk regularly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my dear.,,,and climbing is the only method which increase urs height,...................i am sure .urs height ...will increase to 5.9 dear ,,,,,,,,just try ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wish u a marvellous day................today.......................hav e a gud luckkkkk...............Never get tired of doing little things to others, coz sumtimes those little things may mean so much to them. That's why I won't get tired of sending my little Hi to U.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Most people usually stop growing after a certain age. The age most women usually stop growing is about 18 while for men it is 21 or so.

It is possible to continue growing through certain physical activities, exercises, right diet, and other things which are important for human body’s growth. These activities make growing taller possible even for those people whose heights have stopped growing some time ago.

Stretching exercises, cycling, and swimming are high-intensity anaerobic exercises which are a proven way to force the body into producing considerable quantities of human growth hormone.

EIG hormone or exercise-induced growth hormone is caused from acid-base balanace, lactate, nitric oxide, and catecholamines. Of these, nitric oxide and lactate are the main causes of human growth hormone secretion. Resistance training produces both.

You should exercise for a minimum of 10 minutes with great intensity to increase your chances for growing taller. Great intensity means enough of it to lactate into your muscles for height increase. Growth hormone secretion will get activated by this lactate even after exercise.

Some doctors are of the view that no other technique, supplement, or method can yield better height increase results than stretching exercises.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default Height Increase Tips

Sleep

Not getting enough sleep regularly can lower the amount of growth hormone your produces on a daily basis. Eight hours of sleep in twenty four hours is a must. However, excess sleep will not increase the amount of growth hormone. In fact it will hold back the efficient distribution of the growth hormone. Bottom line is eight hours of sleep in 24 hour period can help you grow a few but certainly helpful inches.

Eat Smarter

Eating six or seven smaller meals during the day is considered better comparable to having three or four larger meals. The reason is your body gets forced to release a high amount of insulin into the system to aid with digestion when you consume large meals with a high glycemic index. This not only forces your body to store fat, it may also inhibit the flow of the growth hormone being released throughout your bloodstream.

Pre-exercise Diet

Having a small chicken salad sandwich a couple of hours before exercise significantly increase growth hormones. Food researchers have discovered that consuming a protein-carbohydrate meal a couple of hours before and also after exercise help increase in both testosterone and growth hormone within the bloodstream.

Training

What is the intensity of your stretching exercises? A recent study in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that the frequency and amount of growth hormone the body secretes is relative to the intensity of your workout. People who exercise with great intensity get successful in increasing their heights more.

Do No Eat Before Going to Bed

It is really a bad idea to have a large meal within two hours of going to bed because of the fact that the body releases greater amount of growth hormone during the first two hours of sleep and if heavy meal is taken a couple of hours before sleep it will suppresses this greater amount of growth hormone.Some people also relate this to be a cause of acne, and if by any chance you are also suffering from acne then you must avoid eating right before going to bed.

Thanx for all ur suggestions..
    I will try my best
    He who rises in glory........sinks in Pride

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by hi_123 View Post
    Thanx for all ur suggestions..
    I will try my best

do tell us if ur height increase...!! coz am planning to go 6.2 inch....from 6 feet...!!

● Positive & Inspired ● Major Singh_king's Avatar

Smile

Swimming is best....Practice it...Moreover it also depends upon the genes you have recieved, heights of ur mom dad that is...

Venus, coz girls are from there and I am exploring them

I am 22
    can my height be increased?

m 18 years old if i do hard exercises (in gym)
    can it effect my increase in height

Banned

have sex it will help

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Height is a "Natural" thing and Cannot be increased or decreased. (except for surgery)

A man would gradually stop growing when he is 21 and women stop growing at 18. !!
    There is No way a man or a woman can increase their height after this age.. !!

There are a few things that obviously "affect" height.. !! But there are no sure shot drinks that increase heights.. Like those TV ads of a few chocolate milk powders.. They are nonsense.. !!

Gym affects height as the muscle formation hinders growth upwards.. !! It would rather grow you Sidewards.. !! By GYM here, i mean some serious 6 hours a day weight-lifting.. !!

G'day

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post
    Height is a "Natural" thing and Cannot be increased or decreased. (except for surgery)

A man would gradually stop growing when he is 21 and women stop growing at 18. !!

There are a few things that obviously "affect" height.. !! But there are no sure shot drinks that increase heights.. Like those TV ads of a few chocolate milk powders.. They are nonsense.. !!

Gym affects height as the muscle formation hinders growth upwards.. !! It would rather grow you Sidewards.. !! By GYM here, i mean some serious 6 hours a day weight-lifting.. !!

G'day

u mean gym is good...???

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manakaka View Post
    u mean gym is good...???
    Yes Manakaka,

1 hour of Gym everyday is GOOD.. Don't overdo it.. !! What happens is, If u build up too much muscle at a small age, when you have not fully grown, your height seems to become short.. Thats because you've built up too much muscle on cheast and shoulders.. !!

G'day

Dude, First of all look at your dad's height. If he is taller that you, then you might get height easily. If he is also near 5'5, then you will need some hard work. But i can say for sure that at ur age, you can get some extra inches if you try.

I will these more lines to the preeto maams's good suggestion list

- Do some morning walk and then hang on a horizontal rod with ur hands as much as you can in morning and in eveining.
    - Participate in active sports like football and basketball etc.
    - dont be stressed with any matter
    - eat calcium products like calcium sandoz.

Venus, coz girls are from there and I am exploring them

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post

G'day
    zaalim mere lambe hone ke chance khatam kae diye

yaar 1 hi saal se maara gaya