Similar to a birthstone and an astrological sign, there are birth flowers which have a corresponding meaning and character that is being attributed
to the person who was born during a certain month. Check out your birth flower and consequent personality traits:
1. January Birth Flower – Carnations : People who are born during January have carnation as their birthday flower. It is also known as gillyflower and clove pink and is widely harvested in many different colours and varieties. The name of the flower is derived from the Greek word corone (coronation) and means 'flower of the Gods'.
Flower Meaning of Carnation : Carnations symbolise deep love, fascination, a friend in adversity and eternal fidelity.
Personality traits associated with carnation : Individuals who have carnation as their birth flower are strongly motivated to succeed and gain a position of power in life. They strive for respect and accomplishment in their careers. They are emotional and sensitive and are very responsible and protective towards their families. But the biggest barrier in their success is their communication skills; they need to learn to openly communicate their deep feelings.
2. February Birth Flower-Violet : People who are born during February have violet as their birthday flower.
Flower Meaning of Violet : Violet signifies faithfulness, warmth of affection, prosperity, faith, wisdom, hope, inspiration, humility and cleanliness.
Personality traits associated with Violet : People born with violet as their birth flower have an accurate intuition, a tremendous common sense, ingeniousness, and a powerful will. They can handle any difficulties in life with a smile and transcend setbacks by using celestial knowledge. Women are born with this flower as their birth flower are original, independent, beautiful, intellectual, and make good use of their magnetic sexuality to reach their purposes.
3. March Birth Flower – Daffodil : The daffodil is the March birth flower. The daffodil's meaning is rebirth with a promise of happiness and joy.
Flower Meaning of Daffodil : Daffodils represent optimism, reverence, kindness and warmth unrequited love.
Personality traits associated with Daffodil : Daffodil as the birth flower makes one compassionate, dreamy, artistic, independent, sensitive, loving, impractical and timid. These people can easily adapt to different situations and can handle different tasks at the same time. One of the greatest traits of these people is that they usually avoid conflict whenever possible and are inclined to act as peacemakers when others fight.
4. April Birth Flower – Daisy : April’s birthday flower is daisy which comes in pink and purple colours and is quite popular among flower lovers all over the world.
Flower Meaning of Daisy : It is associated with innocence, modesty, curiosity, inquisitiveness and brings a joyful, happy-go-lucky character wherever it appears.
Personality traits associated with Daisy : People with daisy as their birth flower are born leaders. However their strong and impatient desire to succeed must be controlled as hasty decisions need to be avoided. They are competitive and motivated people and they make everyone’s life beautiful wherever they stay. But they have a habit of talking too much and usually are not good listeners.
. May Birth Flower - Lily of the Valley : Lily of the valley is the birth flower of May. This graceful flower was once used as an herbal
medicine as a poison antidote in the ancient times.
Flower Meaning of Lily of the Valley : It represents strength of character, remembrance, infatuation and splendid beauty.
Personality traits associated with Lily of the Valley : People born with Lily of the Valley as their birth flower are beautiful, somehow stubborn and practical towards life. Strong and dominant with powerful will power, these people can courageously handle the difficulties of life. Girls born with this birth flower are beautiful, intellectual and sensitive
6. June Birth Flower – Rose : The Rose is the birth flower of June.
Flower meaning of Rose : The most common and beautiful flower, rose stands for passion, friendship, magnificence and love.
Personality traits associated with Rose : People having rose as their birth flower have a gift of youth, a double personality and a quicksilver mind enabling them to adapt easily to any situation. They have good communication skills and are curious by nature.
7. July Birth Flower – Larkspur : Larkspur is considered to be the birth flower of July.
Flower meaning Larkspur : Good luck, lightness and laughter are associated with Larkspur.
Personality traits associated with Larkspur : Family matters will always play an important role in life of people who have larkspur as their birth flower. They are perfectionists and are quite critical. Steadiness, organisation, warmth, love, and charm belong to them and they are go-getters in life.
8. August Birth Flower – Gladiolus : The gladiolus is the birth flower of August.
Flower meaning of Gladiolus : Strength of character, marriage and family is an important sense for people born in August. These are also meanings attached to their birthday flower, gladiolus.
Personality traits associated with Gladiolus : People born with gladious as their birth flower are strongly motivated by the will to succeed. Strong and dominant, they nurture a formidable desire to organize and rule others. But their destructive outbursts of emotions and pride often lands them in trouble. Women born with gadious as their birth flower are stunning, intellectual and attract others with their enthusiastic power.
9. September Birth Flower – Aster : The aster is the birth flower of September. In ancient times, it was believed that burning the leaves
gave special powers, as the scent would drive away evil. The aster flower symbolises afterthought and was laid on the graves of soldiers.
Flower meaning of Aster : Aster or morning glory is known to have rich and deep colours that radiate beauty to its surroundings. It symbolises love, daintiness, contentment and unpredictability.
Personality traits associated with Aster : People who were born with ater as their birth flower are believed to have a strong devotion to life and are filled with light. They are intellectual, very critical and picky and tend to work hard. They are masters of communication and will always combine logic and intuition in dealing with life. Astrologically they have been classified as the “perfectionists”.
10. October Birth Flower – Marigold : The marigold or calendula is the birth flower of October. In India, the flower was placed around the necks of holy statues, as it was considered most sacred.
Flower meaning of Marigold : Contentment, excellence, gratitude and love for nature are characterised by the marigold.
Personality traits associated with Marigold : People born with marigold as their birth flower are strongly motivated by a desire for justice and always create harmony in all areas of your lives. They have a gentle personality and love to take challenges. They are 'peacemakers' and usually don’t like to fight with others. Being a good communicator they usually tend to convince people and are considered to be born leaders.
11. November Birth Flower – Chrysanthemum : The chrysanthemum is the birth flower of November. According to an old myth, a single petal of this flower placed at the bottom of a glass brings forth longevity.
Flower meaning of Chrisanthemum : Chrisanthemum represent cheerfulness, sensitivity, compassion and wealth.
Personality traits associated with Chrisanthemum : Strong, private and dominant, the individuals who have chrisanthemum as their birth flower are born with a practical mind and an acute intuition. They are interested and aspire only for the truth. The women are sensual, intellectual, reserved, and super magnetic.
12. December Birth Flower – Narcissus : A sweet fragrant, bulbous white flower, Nacissus is the birth flower of December. As per Greek mythology, Narcissus was the most beautiful boy on Earth and as he saw his own reflection in a near by lake, he leant over to kiss his mirrored image and fell in and drowned. When he was discovered by the God Apollo, he turned Narcissus into a beautiful flower, so his beauty could be remembered forever.
Flower meaning of Narcissus: Narcissus symbolises celebration, egotism, wealth and success.
Personality traits associated with Narcissus : People born with narcissus as their birth flower tend to be fortunately blessed, strong willed. They hate disagreements, are careful, unobtrusive, systematic and confident. Extremely hard working, independent and self-confident, these people respect traditions. They are very much attached to their family and can go to any lengths to protect them from the world.