Giles is training with the one-day side in India

England spinner Ashley Giles says he is "95% fit" and ready to challenge Monty Panesar for an Ashes Test place.

Giles, 33, has not played in 11 months because of hip and groin problems but is training with the one-day squad.
He is sure coach Duncan Fletcher and captain Andrew Flintoff already rate his all-round abilities.
"The question of me and Monty competing is going to come up again and again but it depends on balance, what Freddie and Fletch go for," he said.
"They can see how I have done in the past, they can hopefully see the effort I've made to come back now.
"I am in the best shape I have been in for a decade and I want to get back."
Giles is currently increasing his bowling workload in the nets, where he has been working on switching from over to round the wicket alternately and seamlessly.
England's coaching team have also been attempting to simulate Test-match conditions by making him bowl in separate spells throughout the day. Having coped with the challenge,

I don't think I have to sell myself to Fletch, Freddie or my other team-mates

Ashley Giles

Giles feels confident he will be match-fit for the first Test, starting on 23 November, even though he is out of practice in the middle.
"There is so much more to it than just how many games I can play.
"I could play two games and bowl absolute dog's tripe and not be feeling happy about myself.
"Or I could play no cricket, be bowling well and walk straight into a Test match. That is where I would rather be."
Giles' batting at number eight was key in two Ashes Tests in 2005, securing victory at Trent Bridge and a series-clinching draw at The Oval.
Since his injury, England have struggled to fill the slot, with Liam Plunkett and Sajid Mahmood the latest to fill the role.
"I don't think I have to sell myself to Fletch, Freddie or my other team-mates," Giles said.
"I know the importance of my batting, particularly, in getting me into this team."
Giles' stand-in Panesar has impressed with his bowling, taking 32 wickets in 10 Tests, and clearly worked hard on his fielding since making his debut in March.
"Ultimately, if he plays ahead of me, I will support him. I would expect the same back from him and know I would get it," Giles added. "You cannot afford to have any divisions in the side because they are lethal."