Thread: Carrie Prejean: Hot girl in hot water

सत्यमेव जयते Field Marshal Baadsah's Avatar

Arrow Carrie Prejean: Hot girl in hot water

American stunner Carrie Prejean is in some deep trouble over her answer to a question about same-sex marriage during the 2009 Miss USA pageant and a photograph

Born into an evangelical Christian household in California, Carrie's (no relation to Stephen King's spooky) parents split a year later, subjecting the child to a decade-long custody battle.
    Prejean later entered the modelling circuit to some lucrative deals with top magazines. But all that fame would soon go into a nosedive during the Miss USA 2009 pagent and the beauty would take further battering for a nude photgraph that emerged later.
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

The contestants were asked a mix of 'political questions' ranging from America's policies in Afghanistan, domestic violence, immigrant access to healthcare in the US and whether taxpayer money should be utilised to bail out corporations. Many kept themselves from swooning but Carrie Prejean was confident and sharp - the crown was about to hit the fan!
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

It was Celeb judge Perez Hilton's turn to take a shot at Prejean and he asked:

(State of) Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?
    Prejean retaliated: 'Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. You know what, in my country, in my family, I do believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But that’s how I was raised and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman.'
    -Winston Churchill

The storm after the comment was unprecedented. Gay rights groups slammed Prejean for bringing in religion into love and Perez Hilton unleashed his own brand of verbal 'shock and awe' (he even called Prejean a 'dumb *****' on YouTube!)

He told ABC news: 'She lost because of that question. She was definitely the front-runner before that.'
    Then there was the photograph controversy. On May 4, 2009, a partially nude photograph of Prejean surfaced in a gossip website leading to a probe by the pageant organisers into possible contract violations.
    The beauty released a statement saying: I' m a Christian, and I am a model. Models pose for pictures, including lingerie and swimwear photos. Recently, photos taken of me as a teenager have been released surreptitiously to a tabloid Web site that openly mocks me for my Christian faith. I am not perfect, and I will never claim to be.'
    Despite being spared a rap on the knuckles, critics were not ready to let her walk from the comment 'crime'
    -Winston Churchill

News commentator David Shuster even went to the extent of saying 'the type of people who participate in beauty pageants don't have anything to say worth listening to'. But many conservatives took Prejean's side during the controversy saying blogger Perez Hilton had unjustly made Prejean a target of his 'ridiculous rants'
    -Winston Churchill

Many even went to extent of claiming unjustified bias because Perez himself is gay. However, Prejean later appeared on a TV talk show and said: 'By having to answer that question in front of a national audience, God was testing my character and faith. I'm glad I stayed true to myself. It was not about being politically correct; for me, it was about being biblically correct. I am so proud of myself and I have so many people that are so proud of me. And winning wasn't what God wanted for my life that night. I was true to myself and I know that I can go out and speak to young people about standing up for what you believe in and never compromising anything for anyone or anything, even if it's the crown of Miss USA.'
    The issue still stands raw with many gay groups in California. Prejean and tycoon Donald Trump (owner of the beauty pageant) each have launched damage control intiatives across the state and country. Whatever the case is, the negative fallout of the pageant trouble reflects the still unresolved problems affecting LGBT communities in Obama's America.
    -Winston Churchill

GOOD INFO

Arrow

GOOD PICTURES. THANK YOU FOR SHARING

Quote Originally Posted by xylys View Post
    GOOD INFO
    Quote Originally Posted by Black March View Post
    GOOD PICTURES. THANK YOU FOR SHARING

Thanks for replies.
    -Winston Churchill