Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will lifestyle affect my health?

New Born

Cool Will lifestyle affect my health?

I've got office from 9pm to 5am(Call center). I work there as web page designer and again I got another one from 8Am to 1PM where I work as software handler. I got to work generally 14hrs a day in front of computer. I got to sleep generally 4hrs a day. Does it harms me? I've gained 3ks of weight between 2months and now I'm 73 kg. My age is 21 and my height is 5.8".

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

YES, your work and sleep schedule may certainly not be the best in the world. In fact, you are yourself feeling the effects of your lifestyle insofar as you are putting on all this weight.
    With the kind of lifestyle you are following, neither are you sleeping properly, nor probably getting any exercise and I'm sure your eating patterns are erratic too.

In addition to that you are sitting in a single position with eyes glued to the comp monitor for 14 hours a day.

so, I would say, that yes, its bound to have an adverse effect on your health, all right!

New Born

yes it will affect your health,,,i suggest u should wear computer glass also because you work more infront of computers,,

Hello dude,
    Dont spend your life like that. Researches has shown that night sleep is necessary for our body. If a person sleeps in day and work at night and adopt this practice for whole life, his body will still inhabitant of this.

Try to find day jobs

Lightbulb

Wow! That is some schedule you have. Sleep deprivation can cause your body to slow down and thus you will be constantly tired all the time. Ideally your body requires 7-8 hours of sleep a day.

If you don't need the income, I would suggest to cut down your hours. If you are working so hard due to financial reasons, then try to take "Power naps". A lot of companies in Japan make their employees take mandatory power naps since it enhances performance and productivity.

A power nap is a short sleep which terminates before the occurance of deep sleep and is intended to quickly revitalize you. It is usually 10-15 minutes and should not exceed 30 minutes.

And you don't need to lie down or anything, you can do it at your desk. Just put your head down on the desk and take a quick snooze. So do that during your lunch breaks during the day and that may help you.

sitting too much time infront of computer should be avoided. It can affect ur healht!!!
    you must take breaks and take little walks etc. Or small excercises or movements for hand etc.

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

this can affect your health. YOu surely need to do some excercises like running or walking after your office hours. And since you spend so much time before computer its also important to keep correct posture. For that check this thread by preetoji
    http://forum.santabanta.com/showthread.htm?t=72024

and during your office time you can take simple excercises which take less than 30 seconds. For that check this excellent thread by preetoji
    http://forum.santabanta.com/showthread.htm?t=85907

very badly man
    pehla sukh nirogi kaya fir maya.

New Born

Default Thanks man

I think i'm not alone in this world.. Thank you people.

ya dude.. dis will sure affect health..
    i have computer from 3 yrs now..2nd yr i had to wear specs
    keep gud distance from comp screen

New Born

Default things to remember

first.. take at least 7 hrs of sleep.... it is must to stay healthy

second... take care of eyes... by not looking constantly to computer screen.. after 2-5 min..take a few seconds break.. look out of window... try to look far... so eyes will get used to with near and far things...

third... join the gym.. do some exercise.. u will be back to ur normal body and cont doin it to get perfect body...

SB Legend Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by ruchitjoshi View Post
    first.. take at least 7 hrs of sleep.... it is must to stay healthy

second... take care of eyes... by not looking constantly to computer screen.. after 2-5 min..take a few seconds break.. look out of window... try to look far... so eyes will get used to with near and far things...

third... join the gym.. do some exercise.. u will be back to ur normal body and cont doin it to get perfect body...
    7 is even less
    8 to 10

SB Champion Lieutenant saketskr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    YES, your work and sleep schedule may certainly not be the best in the world. In fact, you are yourself feeling the effects of your lifestyle insofar as you are putting on all this weight.
    With the kind of lifestyle you are following, neither are you sleeping properly, nor probably getting any exercise and I'm sure your eating patterns are erratic too.

In addition to that you are sitting in a single position with eyes glued to the comp monitor for 14 hours a day.

so, I would say, that yes, its bound to have an adverse effect on your health, all right!
    correct and true. well said maam

excercise is iimportant..i must do them. problem is i cant start. something always come in da way

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLISTIC View Post
    I've got office from 9pm to 5am(Call center). I work there as web page designer and again I got another one from 8Am to 1PM where I work as software handler. I got to work generally 14hrs a day in front of computer. I got to sleep generally 4hrs a day. Does it harms me? I've gained 3ks of weight between 2months and now I'm 73 kg. My age is 21 and my height is 5.8".
    Yeah Simplistic, as everybody has already said, your lifestyle will adversely affect your health. You're gaining weight due to lack of physical activity which is characteristic of the kind of work you do. If you cannot afford to change this hectic lifestyle, I suggest you eat healthy.

Include a lot of fruits and raw vegetables in your diet. A big NO to fast food. Try one of those tiffin services and make sure you don't eat out much. I'm guessing you take a lot of tea/coffee in a day. Caffeine also causes weight gain if taken beyond a certain limit. Try having juices or sports drink that have a decent electrolyte content. That will give you energy!