Thread: Sharon Stone to Act in Film Based on Namesake

New Born

Default Sharon Stone to Act in Film Based on Namesake

Sharon Stone to Act in Film Based on Namesake

Is Sharon Stone set for a trip to Mumbai and Kolkata in the coming months? The Hollywood diva is all geared up for a film — Lost Love, claims Bengali filmmaker Tapan Saha. In fact, she will fly down to India for the project.

“I will head for Los Angeles in August or September to sign a formal contract with her. Since the story kicks off from Kolkata before reaching Mumbai and LA, she will be shooting in the two metropolitans,” informs the filmmaker.

Co- directed by Saha, Lost Love is expected to be jointly produced by Lighthouse/ Lionsgate Productions in collaboration with Saha’s California- based international production company, Sampurn Entertainment.

“I am working on the script along with American writers — Josaline Hall and Mila Marcader. I will be co- directing the film in association with Ron Calvy. He had assisted Francis Ford Copolla in The Godfather ,” he adds.

Coming back to Sharon Stone, Saha claims she was “impressed” with his emotional story. Some time ago, his casting director had met Sharon’s manager. According to him, Sharon’s manager “ was also in awe of the story”. “Sharon had sent a message to my casting director through her manager that she was very pleased with the story. She has gone through my script. Now, I am just waiting for a formal deal with her,” adds Saha.

If the deal comes through, Sharon will play an American girl in love with a Bengali boy.

One day, he comes to India and marries a Bengali girl. But she finds it hard to forget the boy and lands in India to look for her real love.

“It’s a very heart- wrenching story. The film is largely an emotional journey this girl takes to find her love after 25 years. If you write a good story, no star will hesitate in signing it irrespective of the country,” says Saha.

Already, the buzz goes that Lost Love ’s story resembles Maxine’s character from novelist Jhumpa Lahiri’s award- winning novel The Namesake. In the novel too, Gogol abruptly leaves a Manhattan girl for a Bengali bride.

“It’s not true that my story is similar to The Namesake,” counters Saha. “The novel has two Bengali protagonists but my film deals with what could have happened to a girl abandoned by her Indian boyfriend,” adds the filmmaker.

Interestingly, Amitabh Bachchan tops Saha’s wishlist as the leading man opposite Sharon. “I will approach him later but I want to rope in Sharon first. I might ask Abhishek Bachchan to play the young Bachchan,” he says.

In the meantime, Saha is gearing up for another Bollywood- Hollywood venture, titled Chimera. The film stars Hollywood actor Billy Zane and Bipasha Basu along with Victor Banerjee and Kunal Kapoor. The shooting starts in June.

SB Spearhead Field Marshal Rocky-10's Avatar

grreat..... Thanx for sharing..........

Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman,
    but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.

New Born

Many thanks to ur post. I love it.

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne