+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Rep Power

  1. #1
    New Born sweetsanjay25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    88

    Question Rep Power

    Hi Moderators,

    Just have a question. Whats meant by Rep Power I see on against our User Ids. How is it arrived. I saw someone who posted 98 messages with a Rep Power of 5 and another member who has posted around 650 messages with Rep Poer of 1. Does it have any significance ?

    Sanjay

  2. #2
    Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    53,741
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Reputation

    click abv faq


    Make My Day

  3. #3
    Administrator Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
    How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

  4. #4
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avdhesh View Post
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.
    Thank you so very much !

  5. #5
    SB ICON Major General rikkuartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    38,088
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Give rep and take rep/////////// just like respect....
    Please reload this page to view signature.

  6. #6
    💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MI6
    Posts
    47,119
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkuartz View Post
    Give rep and take rep/////////// just like respect....
    Give & Take ?? Like a punch on Face ??

    But not like that chellam.. It is not Trade

    It is Token of Appreciation for Hard Workers. We must spread our repz for Quality Poster to Encourage them not for the sake of "You-Rep-Me & I-Rep-U" Repz Trade
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

  7. #7
    SB ICON Major General rikkuartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    38,088
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post
    Give & Take ?? Like a punch on Face ??

    But not like that chellam.. It is not Trade

    It is Token of Appreciation for Hard Workers. We must spread our repz for Quality Poster to Encourage them not for the sake of "You-Rep-Me & I-Rep-U" Repz Trade
    i was just kidding........
    Please reload this page to view signature.

  8. #8
    💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MI6
    Posts
    47,119
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkuartz View Post
    i was just kidding........
    I also just kidding chellam

    we must spread our repz to who really deserves it. At the same time you must not ignore whoever respecting you like me . This is called Mutual Understanding and Reciprocity. This is the bottomline how forum functions. If you dont reply (and encourage) other's threads dont expect reply to yours too.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

  9. #9
    SB ICON Major General rikkuartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    38,088
    Rep Power
    100

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post
    I also just kidding chellam

    we must spread our repz to who really deserves it. At the same time you must not ignore whoever respecting you like me . This is called Mutual Understanding and Reciprocity. This is the bottomline how forum functions. If you dont reply (and encourage) other's threads dont expect reply to yours too.
    Please reload this page to view signature.

  10. #10
    Young Gun lippi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    468
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    oooooooh

  11. #11
    New Born
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    88

    Cool

    Lisbonstar28 accused me of giving him -ve rep when I am not even allowed to do such a thing. How did that happen..? Some error maybe?

  12. #12
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrock View Post
    Lisbonstar28 accused me of giving him -ve rep when I am not even allowed to do such a thing. How did that happen..? Some error maybe?
    That was an error of my own misunderstanding.
    It was my mistake not yours.
    Keep up the good work, welcome and enjoy your posting my friend.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Punjab, Punjabis, Punjabiat
    By san in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 669
    Last Post: 15-06-2007, 12:17 AM
  2. Power cuts: Should Mumbai be spared?
    By Sam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-04-2007, 02:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •