Thread: Fans should act responsibly :Tendulkar

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default Fans should act responsibly :Tendulkar

Fans should act responsibly :Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar shares an average fan's disappointment after Team India's early exit from the Twenty20 World Cup but he strongly disapproves of the backlash it has generated back home.

Tendulkar said he was disappointed with India's failed title defence but at the same time felt the fans back home needed to show more "responsibility and balance" in their reaction.

"I feel there are very high emotions among the people when they react. But do these reactions help us to play better? not really. These actually put more pressure on the players. We have got to be mature and be with the team," Tendulkar said.

"No one can change the past but always can learn from it and do better in future. I think, We should react to the success and failures with lot of responsibility and balance. If we do that it becomes easier for everyone," he told news channel Times Now.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Tendulkar was here, along with his family, to cheer the Indian team. But the side under Mahendra Singh Dhoni could not win a single Super Eight match and crashed out of the tournament, which triggered a backlash in India with fans questioning Dhoni's leadership and team selection.

Even Dhoni's apology to the nation after crashing out of the event could not placate the agitated fans who burnt his effigy in his home town Ranchi.Tendulkar said he could understand the nation's feelings but could not fault the team, for they had tried their best.

"I am also disappointed along with the nation. I am sure that the guys planned and tried well, but things sometimes don't click," Tendulkar said."Disappointment will be there. But I am sure the team will put the best step forward to get the rhythm again. If everyone back home stands behind them, the team may become a formidable one," he added.

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post

Fans should act responsibly :Tendulkar[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
    cricketers should act responsibly too when an entire nation is expecting a lot from them. Then their fans will also act responsibly. And dont forget fans play an important role in a cricketeers fame!

"But do these reactions help us to play better? not really. These actually put more pressure on the players. We have got to be mature and be with the team," Tendulkar said.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
    come on sachin! Indian cricketers are very much relaxed when it comes to game, if they lose an advertisement deal, they would be in pressure! If its about game they dont have any prssure at all. They are relaxed like they are enjoying sunset at beach. All they have to do is when defeated, show some gimmicks to get the face on TV.. like depresed or sad.. or throw the bat away or something like that... They know it will come on TV.
    I wish these protests put atleast some fear on them to make them play better. There is no medicine like good old fear!

[CENTER]
    "No one can change the past but always can learn from it and do better in future.
    this is the same thing being said after defeat in every cruicial match in past too! so how many more defeats you need to "learn from it and improve??" Just accept that this is all about money and stop fooling the common man!

New Born

Angry the "genius" tendulkar??

i agree with you guys. well Master Sachin Tendulkar should also know the fact that in India there are so many cricketers waiting for their chance. New Zealand has less than a hundred first class players and still they beat India on all three occasions our team has faced them. if they can't beat them then they shouldn't be playing at all. it is our money on which you enjoy such a lavish lifestyle and so win is a must. and Sachin is himself a disappointment. His stats show that he has contributed mostly in those matches which Indian team has lost.
    Last edited by sachan.abhishek; 19-06-2009 at 11:44 AM.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by sachan.abhishek View Post
    i agree with you guys. well Master Sachin Tendulkar should also know the fact that in India there are so many cricketers waiting for their chance. New Zealand has less than a hundred first class players and still they beat India on all three occasions our team has faced them. if they can't beat them then they shouldn't be playing at all. it is our money on which you enjoy such a lavish lifestyle and so win is a must. and Sachin is himself a disappointment. His stats show that he has contributed mostly in those matches which Indian team has lost.
    i differ from yu.. a player who travels to another country and represents the national anthem of his/her nation will feel proud..especially sachin..yu cant say he dint play well and say he is a failure..the team lost collectively coz of dhoni an wrong man management

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

My suggestion to Ten-dul-kar and party, go to this thread and watch this video 1000000 times (or more if needed) to learn what is actually dedication towards game.

http://forum.santabanta.com/showthread.htm?t=134941

The King O' Bling™ Lieutenant-Colonel wannabebuddy's Avatar

In a country like India....

Where Cricket is not just a game.... its a religion....

when people pray, make temples for these good-for-nothing cricketing stars....

they don't have anything to say @ that time.......... instead they enjoy these things.........

only when they don't perform or rather put up a bad show, they are not ready for all that

if they want to stop people from booing them and criticizing them, they should even ask them not to cheer or celebrate their victories.....

basically " I didn't expect it from Sachin Tendulkar "
    × ┃ ▶ ↹ ŤŕÅńĈē ĬņƑù$ìÒŋ ↹ ◀ ┃ ×