Thread: India is Incompetent! every indian should read this

Default India is Incompetent! every indian should read this

When the first of the explosives went off at the Bombay Stock Exchange on March 12, 1993, by chance I was in the vicinity.
    Hearing a muffled boom and following the citizenry that was running towards the sound -- and not away from it as instinct would tell one to -- I soon came across sights of blood and gore that will not go away easily. March 12, 1993 can never be forgotten by a Mumbaikar. Or forgiven.

Chance once again kept me in New York on September 11, 2001, when twisted, horrific minds flew passenger jets into the Twin Towers. As a believer in and defender of the free world, I can never forget that day either. Or forgive those who wrought upon such terror on the rest of us.

I cannot but notice that the United States of America, which then declared its biggest offensive since Pearl Harbour and which action brought it tonnes and tonnes of international criticism -- not to mention unveiled threats of attack from Osama bin Laden, abduction of US nationals and their murder -- has not faced any terrorist attack since 9/11.

Whereas we in India have come to accept terrorist attacks on our soil as just another karmic fact of life -- no doubt with the same stoic acceptance that we took in invader after invader over centuries. Since 1993 Mumbai alone has faced at least 6 more terrorist strikes.

So what has the United States done that India did not?

For one, Uncle Sam displayed the majesty of the American State.

On the evening of September 11, 2001, as I sat glued to the television, US President George Bush addressed his nation in a measured and calm manner. Through the solace he offered his shell-shocked countrymen, he said: 'We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbour them.'

With these words America went to war.
    I had waited in 1993 for the majesty of the Indian State to similarly display itself, as I waited many more times for it to happen. I waited for it last night as well, and finally I saw the display.

On the streets of Mahim, close to where we work, the majesty of the Indian State was on full display as Congress president Sonia Gandhi accompanied by Home Minister Shivraj Patil and Railway Minister Lalu Yadav drove past, en route to the blast site. My colleague counted 38+ cars in the motorcade that swept past, as other traffic on the road was kept frozen in place by the security phalanx. It was truly an impressive sight -– only, I couldn't help thinking, it was put on for someone who doesn't hold an office of authority. While the man who does, simply reviewed the security situation in the face of the Srinagar and Mumbai blasts, and directed that New Delhi's security be beefed up.

This was the majesty of the Indian State on display yesterday. I could have wept.

When somebody directs terror at you, nation-States are expected to hit back with maximum force, carry the fight into the enemy camp. It is not enough to possess unrelenting, unremitting muscle power -- it also becomes necessary, once in a while, to display that power. And not merely through caparisoned missiles parading down Janpath once a year, but by responding forcefully to challenges to the State's very existence.

All your nuclear weapons, your missiles, your tanks, come to nought when you don't have the steel in your soul to defend yourself and your subjects -- at any cost.

Has the Indian State done this? Ever?

The first serial blasts in Mumbai happened 13 years ago. Enough water has flowed into the Arabian Sea since then for the guilty to have spent part of their sentence in jail. But 13 years later even a fly has not been sentenced for the worst-ever terrorist attack in India. If you were a terrorist oiling your Kalashnikov and checking your grenades somewhere in the western sector, what exactly will you think of India?

What he does think is evident from the fact that in the last 13 years, Mumbai has faced six more terror attacks -- an average of one every two years.

India believes, too, that the prime accused in the Mumbai blasts, Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar, is a guest of the Pakistani establishment. Not only him, official lists of others accused of waging a war against India and hiding in Pakistan have periodically been handed over to that country. Ordinarily, you would think, if Pakistan is harbouring India's enemies, providing succour and sustenance to them, it needs to be treated as an inimical nation.

Yet, India has been engaged in a peace process with the very neighbour it knows is out to dismember it through any and every means available to it.

Is it any surprise that terrorists continue to attack India with impunity?

Contrast this with the way America has gone about its business since September 11, 2001, and you will see why that nation has not faced any attack in the last five years. Osama may fume and fret from his mountain hole, but there's little more than that he and his terrorist hordes have been able to achieve against the only remaining superpower.

That is because America understands that war can only be won through war, it cannot be won through peace, a belief India has been labouring under for so long. When the very articles of your liberty become your enemy's hand tools to destroy you, it is time to revise notions of liberty and freedom.

Civil liberties are for those who believe in civility and practice liberty, not inhuman monsters who think nothing of inflicting untold horror on innocents. It is only this week, almost five years later, that the US agreed to extend the Geneva Convention to its Guantanamo Bay detainees -- contrast that with how India treats those waging a war against it.

The tragedy with India is that successive governments have ignored one fact of life --India has been at war for many decades now. This is not an enemy who will come at you over the Khyber Pass; this is an invisible enemy who uses your own resources, your own freedoms, your own laxities, to hit at you. If you don't stop him first, he will stop you.

It is futile to blame Congress administrations alone for this sorry pass India has come to -- the National Democratic Alliance, which came to power with so much of machismo, proved no better before threats of terror.

Till we turn around, realise that those who fight India in the name of religion do not represent the millions who practice that faith, and fighting the terrorists is not fighting the practitioners, we are condemned to suffer terrorist attacks.

you are so true in your words. during my school days i was happy i live in the largest democracy in the world. but now i feel it is not worth it. our system is virtually impotent with no guts, false brags of fighting terrorism. it is time people have a uprising to fight against terrorism.

the problem is not with our laws.
    it is with our system

if a government servant is not considered worthy to despense his duties after 58 or 60 yrs of age.

how can we expect people with shrunk balls, who have well surpassed thier expiry date to run the whole nation.

there should be a reasonable age upper limit and to contest the elections.

only then we will have administration with blood thick enough to boil and avange the blood of our fellow countrymen

Default Well wrote ankilien(THE KING)

you are absolutely right.

These guys who sit at the top of our system should be dragged on the street and then bombarded with the questions and anyone who tries to play diplomacy with us should be penalized severly.

Initially, i thought Everytime, when there is a blast in SRINAGAR, we in a sort take it lightly, like we are far from it so we are safe but here in a time of 3-5 years.Our country is being surrounded From north and north west there are TERORISTS, from east we have MAOITS from south we have TAMIL TIGERS.

and the credit for all this goes to our foolish ministers.Foolish because they even don't understand that if the nation only be get destroyed how can they live in peace.These oldies just come to television and start the 'BLAME GAME' .

I would also like to point that indian media rather than finding out solutions,
    such that such barbaric incidents doesn't happen again they just try to repeat facts that how many are killed?, what was the atmosphere when the blast took place?(these all are rubbish, because these are the things told when there is largely peace not when then is a blasts after regular intervals).

It's a food for thought.

New Born

Dear Friends!

I appreciate your thoughts and I will not persuade you to abandon them. But don't you think.....just for one minute.......that a war, no matter it is fought for any reason, affects the innocent people of the country, any country. It may be 'War on Terrorism' or may be 'Terrorism' or any other kind of war. Here I have some questions:-

What is the result of war?
    Does it bring any better solutions?
    Does it add to the progress of a nation of country?
    Does it effect elite class of civilians or military or bureaucracy?

To my best knowledge....the answer is NO.

I must quote a statement of Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Muhammad,
    that if we have a venom against progress of USA or any other developed country and are jealous of her Sky-scappers, we must work hard and build our own sky-scappers.
    In his own words,
    "If innocent people who died in the attack on Afghanistan and those who have been dying from lack of food and medical care in Iraq are considered collaterals, are the 3,000 who died in New York, and the 200 in Bali also just collaterals whose deaths are necessary for operations to succeed? (Wikipedia Encyclopedia).
    I simply want to say is that every war, throughout the history of the world, is fought for a cause and among them ninty percent were fought for the cause of ONE person. Who can justify that the act done is legitimate? Has the victorious has the right to say that he has done a legitimate action? But the solution is to build peace and not war. The world has witnessed a large number of wars, so I think, its time to relax.

Buds.. these online arguements cant be treated more than Mice trying to bell the cat.. Today's generation is sensible and matured but try more time to post irrelevent things to impress girls and others... masses have never formed or united in a day.. it took years and good leaders to draw masses and fight for cause. What I see is all talks but no initiative to lead.

We say Charity begins at home so I will start one thread and welcome all members to post atleast one good deed they have done in this young age..

Can some member who is more active on the forum or could be Mod or Admin get me below figures (statistics) and I will suggest plan of action.

1. How many members does SBF have as of date.
    2. Age group of all members and gender by ratio.
    3. State wise distribution of the members of the SBF.
    4. And foremost willingness to spare time for the cause.

Let me see whats the response to this than I decide..

Cheers

Banned Major

every coin has two faces
    Yes we could have done better

have you have rate or judge you mother as
    how beautiful she is
    how competent she is
    how efficient she is
    family is what its members are
    and each family improves with it generations

yes we lacked the pace , the will and the systems
    but we are still trying
    have not given up yet
    with ill web of politics and mockery of democracy , with pan spitting bureaucrat and tax thief shop keepers , with non interested teachers , with criminal police

but still we have produce TATAs & Ambanis
    still we have biggest IT Hubs
    Still we have most intellect pool even uncle Sam envy off
    and still we are lifting records with each passing day

and bro trust me someday in near future, we will be Uncle TOM , and smaller uncle Sams and aunt lee etc will be looking to us

its my country , its my responsibility

we are a nation with tremendous potential provided right people and right attitude prevail ......
    Live ur lyf lyk U r the director of a movie.Can’t control 100% ,roll wid the punches as if U were calling the shots.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by bongapk View Post
    Dear Friends!

I appreciate your thoughts and I will not persuade you to abandon them. But don't you think.....just for one minute.......that a war, no matter it is fought for any reason, affects the innocent people of the country, any country. It may be 'War on Terrorism' or may be 'Terrorism' or any other kind of war. Here I have some questions:-

What is the result of war?
    Does it bring any better solutions?
    Does it add to the progress of a nation of country?
    Does it effect elite class of civilians or military or bureaucracy?

To my best knowledge....the answer is NO.

I must quote a statement of Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Muhammad,
    that if we have a venom against progress of USA or any other developed country and are jealous of her Sky-scappers, we must work hard and build our own sky-scappers.
    In his own words,
    "If innocent people who died in the attack on Afghanistan and those who have been dying from lack of food and medical care in Iraq are considered collaterals, are the 3,000 who died in New York, and the 200 in Bali also just collaterals whose deaths are necessary for operations to succeed? (Wikipedia Encyclopedia).
    I simply want to say is that every war, throughout the history of the world, is fought for a cause and among them ninty percent were fought for the cause of ONE person. Who can justify that the act done is legitimate? Has the victorious has the right to say that he has done a legitimate action? But the solution is to build peace and not war. The world has witnessed a large number of wars, so I think, its time to relax.

You are right Bro

▐║Mirchirific Moderator║▌ Brigadier General mirchi.foreever's Avatar

We are discussing here the thread started in 2006.

I think we should start with a new TOPIC and new IDEAS.

Please Start a new thread to discuss

Thanks
    Mirchi
    I am a different person- compared to- who I was this time the last year...