Thread: Tanushree unplugged

SB Spearhead Field Marshal Rocky-10's Avatar

Lightbulb Tanushree unplugged

She’s smart, sweet and sharp. And she’s now in town shooting for her first Tamil film, Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai, much to the delight of her fans down south. Tanushree Dutta, after making heads turn in Bollywood, is all set to rock Kollywood.

TOI catches up with the star for an exclusive ...

On her debut in Kollywood ...
    I’m excited to be here as south India has lots to offer and is an interesting place. When I say interesting that includes the culture, ambience and working atmosphere.

On her role in Theeratha Vilayaatu Pillai ...

My role has many shades. I play a very sportive character and have a very ethnic look in the film. They want me to play a native Tamilian girl, which I found to be very interesting because though I do look a very traditional Indian girl, playing an ethnic character can be a challenge as I do not know the language.

On whether she intends to learn Tamil...
    Yes. I’m making an effort to learn Tamil. Every day on the sets, I make an effort to pick up the language little by little. So far, I’ve managed well with the dialogues because the team has given me the script in English and I have a good memory by God’s grace.

On the delay in making her debut in Kollywood ...

After my first film in the south, a Telugu film titled Veerabhadra, I got several offers from the south. However, I was busy with Hindi projects because I had just entered Bollywood. That wasn’t the time for me to dabble in too many mediums at once. I had to concentrate on one medium and hence could not take up offers. As for taking up this project, my dates were available and I liked the story. So, I agreed.

On her co-actors Vishal and Prakash Raj ...

Vishal’s wonderful to work with. I think he’s part of the young, hot and happening generation of heroes. It’s fantastic to have him as a co-star because the unit and he make me feel so comfortable. As for Prakash, he is a tremendous actor. He makes acting appear so effortless and has a presence on the sets that is so awe-inspiring.

About chennai...

I’ve been to Chennai before for events but this is the longest time I’ve spent in the city. Surprisingly, I like it here. I was talking to friends in Bombay and they’re like, ‘By the way you sound, it looks like you really like the place. Don’t settle down there.’

On the working styles in Kollywood and Bollywood ...
    Strangely, I think the working patterns are pretty similar. I’m not feeling out of place at all. That’s probably one reason why I think that the working styles are not very different. Also, there was a time in the past when Bollywood was notorious for its unprofessional ways of not being organised and punctual. But today, things have changed. Bollywood is also working in an organised manner.

Future plans down south...
    I would definitely like to do films in the south. However, I don’t plan anything.

Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman,
    but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.

Dr. Shehzad Lieutenant General X-MAN-S.A's Avatar

hmmmm nice sharing
    If you think anything will affect "Hindu Terrorism and Rapism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or get ready for your women to be Raped !!

New Born

ohhh she is hot exposed