Thread: Parents have negative attitude

Question Parents have negative attitude

thx u a lot for ur advice Mam
    Last edited by sasha10; 17-10-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Its a very unfortunate scenario that you are telling me about. Its very saddening that because you are a girl child, you are treated in such a manner.
    You say that you have tried to speak with your parents but they will not change their attitude. Well, never mind. You will soon be independent with a job and then things will change as far as you calling the shots for your life is concerned.

In the meanwhile, why should you feel that you cant have a relationship with someone? why shut out boys from your life? thats silly and you are not proving any point to anyone. You are a popular girl, people appreciate you, so if your parents do not, well, thats really their loss.

You do your duty to your parents but don't compromise on the person that you are. If you feel like dressing up, looking pretty, well, its your right to do so, isn't it?

SB Addict

ur prob is a prob faced by, lets say a majoirty of female childs in asia or atleast indians.. where they r forced to excel in amost everthing n be the best.. n still be cursed bcoz they r born female.. the saddest part of all is.. tat the pressure comes from not a third person but their own mothers, who also r females.. hope tat females goin through this wont do it to their female childs..

instead of cursing ur life.. it would be better if u try to look at it in a postive lime light.. i personally believe tat we shld try to be good at things.. ur said ur age is 21... probably another 3-4 yrs down the line u ll be married off... hope fully (fingers crossed) u ll get a better husband.. n have a much independent/happy life.. so in other terms to say tat u like it or not.. but u ll have to take this crap for couple of more yrs...

u would be thinking wats positive in my life.. this guy sittin behind some computer is tryin to be a jerk n give his stupid advices... but have u ever thought tat out of millions of kids on this planet u r one of the few who gets to have a university level degree.. i mean a huge majority cant even go till 12th bcoz of their parents or poverty or watever the reason be.. if a person wants to b positive he can be under any circumstance.. so look up for ur life.. probably rite now u dread doin this work.. but if u start showing more interest in it.. u ll actually start likin it n want to be lets say a good cook..

abt the idea where she says swears at u.. well tats very unfortunate.. the best u would do is not go wit her in

public often.. there by not screwin ur self esteem.. remember something.. tat u shld always be confident of urself. ones u lose tat.. u r gone wit the wind..

n abt not havin any relationship.. chill out.. there nothin bad in it.. dont try to force upon urself the western attitude where in u have to be in a relationship before u get married off... same thing goes for discos n drinking n smoking.. although i do it.. but if i were to think of it religiously.. i m doin a big sin. n most probably i wont be forgiven for my "sins"..

probably while u ll be enjoyin heavens.. i ll be in hell.. hahahahaha.. lol.. look tats called laughin at life..

Unhappy thx u

thx u Mam for ur reply. also thx to jassu. Yeah i try live my life positively but each time there is a fall. I almost become depressed. U r saying my university degree? I told u my parents want me to achieve heights yes bkoz they actually flaunt abt their kids outsde but inside, curse me. SO thats like a paradox i keep facing each time. I do gud in sports, studies am counted among the five best in class, social networks got very very gud frndz. I dnt lack anythng but I'm a gurl and for me, my family primes. But thats where i am being rejected.

So i feel compressed. I love cooking, doing household chores but they expect me to do it everytime, at the xpense of my studies. They are confused wiz their lives n they confuse me also. I love them as my parents. but i thnk i've taken more than enough.

as far as marriage is concerned, well as a 21years old gurl, I hav my dreams. I want to do a job n do higher studies. I am nt thnking of marriage before next 6years. My only respite is my best frnd who knos of my situation. SHe's abroad n she clearly told me: Once u finish ur studies, u come over to my place. We''ll manage. She'z really my best frnd n had earlier helped me a lot thru my situation. She cleared out my complex that i was nt gud luking or nt enuf gud for aguy but yet, the moment my mom starts, its an infernal cycle that starts over again.

like u said Mam, i'll try take courage n see the gud side of thngs but i sincerely wish I get gud in-laws. It might sound far-fetched but i really want to feel loved for once in my life by a family.

thx u Mam. Jassu, u too.

SB Addict

well.. life is not good for everyone.... is it...
    never ever become depressed... u shld always have the mentality tat u r among the best ppl alive.. n u shld in reality try to be among the best..

parents r someone who we cant choose... so we r stuck wit them.. but hope tat u get to cose ur life partner.. there by ending ur issues...

never ever have a complex feeling.... its all abt self confidence.. mixed with motivation n a bit of attitude... n u ll feel great...

so relax. study good.. although life aint great.. but be thankfull for wat u got...