Thread: How to Survive a Breakup

▐║Mirchirific Moderator║▌ Brigadier General mirchi.foreever's Avatar

Default How to Survive a Breakup

Okay maybe he’s not that into you, but you were pretty into him. So now what? Stay away from the ice cream and the trendy break-up novels and start taking action. A break-up is a significant change in your life that cannot be ignored.

MJ Ryan, author of AdaptAbility: How to Survive Change You Didn’t Ask For, shares her thoughts on breaking up:

Good grief:
    “If you didn’t ask for it, you’re going to go through a grieving process. Ultimately you will get over it, but you’re not in charge of timing. [Just remember] there is a light at the end of the tunnel.”

There’s a time and a place:
    “Don’t wallow in your negative and sad feelings. Give these feelings a time of day. If you find your mind going to these feelings, remind yourself that it’s not time for it yet, and distract yourself like crazy. Give your brain something else to think about.”

You’ve got mail:
    Tell your friends you need support. “Send an emails saying ‘invite me to dinner,’ ‘invite me on vacation,’ or invite me over to your house.’ Your friends will be happy to do it because as friends we like to help, but oftentimes don’t know how.”

Control your actions:
    “One of the things you are losing is a sense of control. Think of something you can do physically or mentally that is completely in your control like getting stronger and lowering cholesterol. These [types of goals] will help restore a sense of control over your life.”

I am a different person- compared to- who I was this time the last year...

i waz lookin 4 sumthing lik ths nd i've gt th best 2 go through....

thankz a lot

tak care

Its difficult to survive a breakup mirchi maybe this thread of ur's will help....
    Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation

सत्यमेव जयते Field Marshal Baadsah's Avatar

there is always light at the end of the tunnel... time heals everything!!
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

Very true !!!
    Success is when your Signature becomes Autograph

New Born

I am a guy n i went thru the worst break up of my life......i failed all my exams, i was suspended from my college, i became very depressed n the worst is i cudnt tell anyone, n any1 i told cudnt really help me....so i feel my life has changed i believe i was very different b4 the break up n now i dont know if i can ever be the same again....i wish that even if i dont get the girl its fine....but i want to be me again....the same fun lovin confident n most important happy, although my outlook towards relationship has changed n i feel i can never have one without being insecure.....i fear i will i die if i have another heartbreak....so my solution is not be in any relationship...practically live n die a loners life...hiding my true feelings deep in my heart......