Thread: !!!!!!!! B'day Special: Monica Belluci turns 45!!!!!!!!

*!*..BAAZIGAR..*!* Colonel javsayy's Avatar

Default !!!!!!!! B'day Special: Monica Belluci turns 45!!!!!!!!

Monica Bellucci was born on September 30, 1964. She started modelling at 16, to pay her tuition at the University of Perugia, but the lifestyle tempted her away from her law studies. Her personal activities include reading romance books, watching operas (especially Italian ones) and taking her child to the park.

I Believe In Love At First Sight!! Because... I Have Loved My Mother Ever Since I Opened My eyes

She became known and popular with worldwide audiences, following her roles in Malèna (2000), Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001), and Irréversible (2002), The Matrix Reloaded (2003) and The Matrix Revolutions (2003), followed by her portrayal of Mary Magdelene in The Passion of the Christ (2004). Monica has said in an interview that Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale have inspired her acting career.
    I Believe In Love At First Sight!! Because... I Have Loved My Mother Ever Since I Opened My eyes

In 2003, Bellucci won the Nastro d'Argento Best Supporting Actress award for her portrayal of Alessia in Remember Me, My Love. She has been nominated for several others, including the 1996 César Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of Lisa in L'Appartement. She was once quoted as saying, "Acting is not words. Holly Hunter didn't speak in The Piano (1993) and she won an Oscar."

In 2004, while pregnant with her daughter, Bellucci posed nude for the Italian Vanity Fair Magazine in protest against Italian laws that allow only married couples to use in-vitro fertilization.

Bellucci is married to fellow actor Vincent Cassel, with whom she has appeared in several films, and has a daughter named Deva. She is very close to her family and was once quoted as saying, "My career, at the moment, is very exciting, but love comes first because it balances me."

Monica made a nude calendar for the Italian magazine Max in 1998 and another one for the Italian magazine GQ in 2000. Monica has done several nude scenes in her films, most notably in Malèna, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Irréversible.

Monica Bellucci never shies away from saying what's on her mind. While talking about her nude scene in Irréversible (2002) she was quoted sying, "I'm not scared by nudity, because for me, nothing is more beautiful than a body. You can have such an amazing emotion from a body. In Irréversible (2002), I treated my body like it was an object and it's great when you can have this kind of relation with your body, it's a part of your job, an object you can work with. When you can have this kind of freedom it's the moment where you can give your best as an actress."

Bellucci also voiced Kaileena in the video game Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and the French voice of Cappy for the French version of the 2005 animated film Robots. She's multi-lingual and speaks French, English, and Italian fluently. If that wasn't enough she has even acted in each of these languages, as well as Aramaic in The Passion of the Christ.

Monica Bellucci's beauty is world renowned and has consistently topped the world's most beautiful women's list. Sample this: Monica was ranked #6 in Maxim's "50 Sexiest Women" (1999), #9 in Maxim's "100 Sexiest Women" (2002), #89 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" . In 2004, she topped AskMen's 100 Most Beautiful Women in the World annual list.

Bellucci was supposed to be seen portraying Indian politician Sonia Gandhi in the biopic Sonia, But the project never took off.