Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husband won't let me to go anywhere..

Unregistered

Default Husband won't let me to go anywhere..

Our marriage was 5 months ago i have completed my masters and wanted to try a job, But my husband didnt like it, so i thought ok i will let him happy. He has a good job enough for us with salary above 35000/month. But now its getting worse coz he will not let me go out also. I first asked for to go to my friends wedding but he doesnt want me go alone says its not safe for women alone and he is worried etc and then he slowly started to end my weekly visit to my home also. Truth is he doesnt want me to go anywhere,now i doubt its why he didnt let me go for job,i feel like a slave inside this big house.. please tell me how i can make him understand that he can trust me and i am also a human being??

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, your husband seems to be an insecure, over possessive sort of a guy and what he is trying to do is not at all healthy either for you as a person, nor for your marriage. You are a free human being and this effort to stangulate you is not at all a happy idea.

I believe that to begin with you should ask for intervention from his and your family and try and negotiate for your space in the marriage. You are a qualified girl and its right and healthy for your family and finances that you should want to work.

See, do try and work out your own space and role in this marriage else you will feel strangulated and suffocated!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our marriage was 5 months ago i have completed my masters and wanted to try a job, But my husband didnt like it, so i thought ok i will let him happy. He has a good job enough for us with salary above 35000/month. But now its getting worse coz he will not let me go out also. I first asked for to go to my friends wedding but he doesnt want me go alone says its not safe for women alone and he is worried etc and then he slowly started to end my weekly visit to my home also. Truth is he doesnt want me to go anywhere,now i doubt its why he didnt let me go for job,i feel like a slave inside this big house.. please tell me how i can make him understand that he can trust me and i am also a human being??

its ok.....if u will go out without his permission then u ruined ur married life for that job.............so better not go to job.....he is earning enough........bahar jane ki chah mai ghar se he bahar ho jaogi............

loojar hubbie

SB Champion Lieutenant prakash27's Avatar

He is very possesive!! He is afraid he will lose you!! And he is in fact ruining ur life!! You can get a good job, u can enjoy life but still he is holding u back!! Tell him that u need to breath outside air!! OR askur parents to talk!!
    agony aunt, marriage advice, relationship help, online agony aunt, relationship advice

He is having his job, earning enjoying life.. and he is denying ur rights. This is getting worse because now u cant go to see even ur parents. Do not let it go this way, because in the end he might lock u down in a room to keep u watching...this is not love but its extreme possessiveness

lmao typical manly problem.
    I Am Free Of All Prejudice. I Hate Everyone Equally.

Very possessive husband u got there.. rhather than obeying tell him that u want to live free. You have the right to endjoy ur life too. He is enjoying his. Wife doesnt mean a slave to carry out orders. He doesnt understand ur values

sit with him ask him out...why is he feeling insecure...!!
    man usually feel insecure due to following things:

this usually happens when ..he things the environment of the place u live is not good,
    he is not having probably insecure friends,or he is surrounded by people whome he dont trust...!!or the kind of job is do ...there is some danger onto the family.
    or something bad really bad have happend to some one family he knows ...!!

dear lady u need to listen the REASONS...and when u find out them just dont start nagging him around that ...ur case is diffrent ...u can handel etc. etc..
    give him time 2-3 days then talk to him ...!!

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by sarkari pilla View Post
    its ok.....if u will go out without his permission then u ruined ur married life for that job.............so better not go to job.....he is earning enough........bahar jane ki chah mai ghar se he bahar ho jaogi............
    Its not about the salary of economical position. She has all the right in the world to work for her satisfaction even if her job pays peanuts. And her husband is not her owner to allow her or decline her permission to go out. Going out in no way will ruin the marriage. But stupidity and over possessiveness of her husband will definitely spoil the taste of the marid life.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

it will settle down in next 10 to 15 months
    u'll have to adjust there

SB Champion Lieutenant rangnath's Avatar

If husband doesnt let me go anywhere, its time for u to leave him and go somewhere.. i mean first tell him u cant live a slaves life and if he still continue take ur paretns help and if still goes on time to think for change in relationship

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

There is a fine line between love and possessiveness! Dont even think of all these activities by him as signs of love. He is insecure, thats the main reason! He is afraid that if he gives you more freedom and let you out, probably you will get more chances of seeing other people, and he might lose the attention he seeks from you. Or may be he wants to keep you always under his eyes. He will sure have his reasons, but that cant justify this kind of level of control! Everybody do have a reason for everything actually; the problem being only whether it fits with others observations also or not. Its high time you tell him about how he is making you feel. Probably he will not like it, then its time for you to bring your relatives or some other elders into the picture and let them handle it. That will have more effect i guess, because when he knows that others are also concerned, he will begin to think that there might be a problem in his deicisions.

New Born

Smile

all u ppl in ur own ways are rite...bt man always has a reason to do it..first of all u shud have told to which country nd whch part of tht country u belong to...becz setting matters alot in development of mentalities of ppl..all reasons r possible these frnds here hv suggested bt to sort out the rite one logically u shud hv mentioned ur setting...place where i belong i cn undrstnd wen n y a man doesnt allow his wife...psychologically ego arises with sm personal moral experience...lyk a man at work place with frndz knw v well wt kind of comments his male colleagues passes,he knws well with wat eyes a man looks at a woman..and obviously if u r his wife then he claims u to be his matter of honor n pride..sch possessiveness is obvious..then js think in sch situation even if u make him allow u to do job u ll b continually in hell cz this will slowly crop all sorts of horrible ideas and insecurities in his mind whch vl grow into suspicions...he ll strt doubting u...its better to avoid sch a hell...well with tym all will settle..wen u ll hv kids all will turn to ur control...rite nw ask him y is he doing ths then u can deecide urself..believe me its just n just thinking of us women tht freedom is in job..its jst an extra burden..u wanna g out n breathe air..go with ur husband...wish u best

YOu are human and not slave!!!
    This is very bad he is doing!!! Imeediately ask him to stop such stupid controlling!!!
    He is one of those guys who thinks wife = slave!!!