Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caught my daughter masturbating.. what to do??

Unregistered

Default Caught my daughter masturbating.. what to do??

I found my daughter masturbating on accidently entering her room. She was in bed and quickly covered with bedsheet but i know she was doing it.
    I was like didnt notice anything and pretended to be looking for my umbrella and then went out. She seem to be embarassed now to face me, and she is only16. WHat shall i do now? Tell her to stop this habit? Or avoid talking about it?

i think its normal so better avoid it kiyun kay maan bi kabi baity thei

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, the thing is that though she is going to be your baby daughter forever, 'only' sixteen is the time when kids have achieved puberty and so the sexual feelings are at their optimum. So trying experiments of this nature is natural.
    However, its time that you or some other sympathetic and competent person spoke to her about sex and specially about safety. Be sympathetic and understanding and not awkward about the conversation so that the girl comes to you in future too.

if she was masterbating then u have to sure that she will do sex in the age of 18-19........no ways to stop her.......

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel

Hi

I think more then anything you as the mom was shocked and like most parents didnt know how to handle the situation. Its hard for a parent to accept and understand that their child is growing up and getting normal sexual urges.

I know it's not the done thing in our culture and sex is considered taboo but I feel more mothers should encourage their daughters not to be afraid to explore their body as they aree growing up.

It shouldn't be a surprise at all that their kid is doing that. And they should at least give their kids an open invitation for a conversation on sex.

Or at least leave books around the house , websites or announce when a tv is going to come on so they can check it out.

Kids should be taught not to be afraid to ask any sex questions to their parents. Sex should be a free topic to discuss with kids cause if it's kept taboo they will grow up with a narrow mind about it meaning their kids may suffer the same fate.

More parents should just stop being so uptight and flat out talk about it.

If she does not have a room of her own - For future may be its a good idea to at least knock at the door and give her a little time before entering the room

its absoltely normal for her to masterbate as most of the them do it while they are growing...... it was a mistake on ur part for entering someones room without knocking.......... specially when ur child has hit the age of teen......... u might be embarassed quite often than not.......... if u enter without knocking......... anyways u dont need to ignore nor u have to ask her to stop what she was doing..... instead u need to talk to her and educate her about the do's and dont's of sexual desire........... u need to educate her and be protective of her so that she doesnt get involved with someone as early as this.......... giving her education on sex wud help her in analysing of the ppl hu wud try to take advances on her........

sex is pleasure and so it is equally harmfull........ so its better to be educative than ignoring it............ help ur child to be better

all the best

god bless u
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box
    THE X - GANG ..........
    ]

hie,

i guess u r her mother......i would advice u to tlk 2 her regardin ths nd educate her on ths...masturbation is ab****ely normal nd completely safe(provided that u don't use thngs which that may be contaminated)...at ths age she shld be given all th information...itz better if u provide it else some way or th other she'l manage 2 get th knowledge whch may be incomplete nd can also be misleading......

so i guess u r understandin my point...

tak care

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I found my daughter masturbating on accidently entering her room. She was in bed and quickly covered with bedsheet but i know she was doing it.
    I was like didnt notice anything and pretended to be looking for my umbrella and then went out. She seem to be embarassed now to face me, and she is only16. WHat shall i do now? Tell her to stop this habit? Or avoid talking about it?
    Hi,

I know it is very much awkward condition for you both to face each other once you caught her in the act. It must be an incidence, which would have changed a few ideas about your daughter in you mind, one of them being that she's growing up.
    Growing up is the situation when we all explore things. She was exploring her sexuality, as infants explore their feet and hands. It, in no other way is different than her touching herself as a kid then, as it is now.

I understand she has been a child to you, and she still is, but she considers herself to be grown up, and the difference lies here. You now have to act in confidence of a child, giving her all the support to remove her guilt, and keeping her comfortable and cozy, while explaining her that it was all right, and it wasn't wrong, and what does sex mean, and what are the precautions she has to maintain.

You being the elder one, has to break the ice, and you have to show you are perfectly ok with what happened and it didn't bother you. Your bothering will give her wrong signals about her being guilty.
    I'd suggest you act in a general manner assuming nothing happened. May be you can start talking to her if she wants to eat what you are cooking or not, and then ask her why is her hesitation. She may confide in you. Also you can ask your significant other to talk to her, if that helps, so that she may confide in them and she may be more comfortable, and you step in later.

Don't think of it as a bad, it's a part of growing up- of you as a parent, and her as your child
    all the best!

SB Champion Lieutenant prakash27's Avatar

Its age which need info related with sex!! Try to provide her that so she wont do anyting wrong!! Dont ask anyting about masturbation directly
    agony aunt, marriage advice, relationship help, online agony aunt, relationship advice

New Born

masturbating is not wrng Mam but yes, as ozers have said, ur daughter is young n nubile. she needs good information abt sex education n u,as a mother, shud be in position to provide that.

New Born

aANOTHER FAKE BY THE CALL CENTRE GUY .......ROGER THAT

SB Champion Lieutenant siddharth3.5's Avatar

Talking to her aobut this is not so wrong.. but there is chance she will get embarassed. So when u do it, take note of that point..
    NEver make her feel guilty.. she already will be freeling so..
    Another option is to behave normal like nothing happened..

SB MahaGuru Colonel

do care her before she iz 18

She is at an age which make her curious about such subjects.. take care that u give her enough info about human sexuality.
    High amount of curiosity can take children of this stage to something harmful...Thats why talking to her about it is essential

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Hey,

Did you masturbate when you were 16 ..?
    Did you like someone talking to you about it..? Like your Mom or Dad..?

I think it is "Very Private" and the children today hardly need your Guidance..!! With all the Condoms adds going around, she would always play safe..

All you need to make sure is that she is with the right kinda people in th best of schools.. !!

G'day