Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movies that deals with Incest

SB Legend Major General hotspicyhot's Avatar

Default Movies that deals with Incest

Movies that deals with Incest

Incest is any sexual activity between close relatives (often within the immediate family) irrespective of the ages of the participants and irrespective of their consent, that is illegal, socially taboo or contrary to a religious norm. The type of sexual activity and the nature of the relationship between persons that constitutes a breach of law or social taboo vary with culture and jurisdiction. Some societies consider it to include only those who live in the same household, or who belong to the same clan or lineage; other societies consider it to include "blood relatives"; other societies further include those related by adoption or marriage.

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, then, you become something else entirely.
    Are you ready to begin?

Disclaimer: I certainly don’t advocate incest or abuse of any sort. But it’s not my fault that many well made films have incest themes so, as a special treat to creep out you, here are my top favorite incest films so far:
    If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, then, you become something else entirely.
    Are you ready to begin?

Banned Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post
    Disclaimer: I certainly donít advocate incest or abuse of any sort. But itís not my fault that many well made films have incest themes so, as a special treat to creep out you, here are my top favorite incest films so far:
    Cruel Intentions has to be at the top

Oldboy (2003)

In this sordid tale, a man is mysteriously kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years. Upon being released, he hunts down his captors and tries to figure out the exact reason for why he was targeted in the first place. In the process, he ends up being hypnotized and (without realizing it) winds up in a sexual relationship with his estranged daughter, whom he hasnít seen since she was a toddler. The ramifications of this ends in several awesome scenes such as him cutting his own tongue out. This movie was by far the most disturbing, well shot, captivating thriller.
    Are you ready to begin?

The Cement Garden (1993)

These kids lose both their parents in a really short period of time. They bury their mother in the basement, covering her with cement. Living with this secret drives the older brother and sister mad, and they end up doing each other. The youngest brother starts dressing like a girl as well. This film was written/directed by Andrew Birkin, clearly a sick man, who also wrote the screenplay for that freaky movie Perfume: A Story of Murder.
    Are you ready to begin?

Sister My Sister (1994)

Two maids, who are also sisters, go crazy and kill their employersÖ but not before they manage to have a twisted sexual relationship.
    Are you ready to begin?

Sitcom (1998)

This french film is a crack attack. The mom sleeps with her gay son to try to turn him straight, and the father turns into a giant rat and kills his family.
    Are you ready to begin?

Flowers in the Attic (1987)

Based on the awesomely bad novel by the awesomely bad writer VC Andrews, a brother and sister are locked in an attic so their evil mother can have a relationship with some rich guy. The siblings are so lonely and warped that they start doing each other.
    Are you ready to begin?

The Piano Teacher (2001)
    aka
    La pianiste (2001)

This movie was so deranged that halfway into it viewers will started having a panic attack.
    Are you ready to begin?

Antoniaís Line (1995)

The theme of this movie isnít technically incest, however I love this movie to death and in it there is a subplot of a young man who is raping his mentally retarded sister. Something bad happens to him in the end, and I applauded enthusiastically.
    Are you ready to begin?

Bleeders (1997)

Incest/B Movie Horror! The perfect combo. I love stories where the incest has degraded humanity to the point where these interloped freaks are living underground and stealing corpses to feed on.
    Are you ready to begin?

The House of Yes (1997)

Parker Posey! Having sex with her on screen brother! WoOt! I actually shut this movie off halfway into it the first time I saw it. But, it eventually grew on me. A mentally unbalanced young woman (who thinks she's Jackie Kennedy) flips into a murderous rage when her brother returns home to reveal he's engaged.
    Are you ready to begin?

The Hotel New Hampshire (1984)

If you experienced "The World According To Garp" and found it witty, delightful and totally unpredictable, then be happily surprised all over again when you join the fun and games that go on at the...Hotel New Hampshire

(which I have not seen, infact I dint seen many of these but have heard is quite good. And I love Jodie Foster.)
    Are you ready to begin?

Honorary Mentions :

The Celebration aka Festen (1998) - The only Dogme 95 incest themed film that I know of. I love this story and aspire to make a film as powerful as this someday.

Girl, Interrupted (1999) - Based on writer Susanna Kaysen's account of her 18-month stay at a mental hospital in the 1960s.

Chinatown (1974) - A private detective investigating an adultery case stumbles on to a scheme of murder that has something to do with water.

Caligola (1979) - Details the graphic and shocking, yet undeniably tragic story of Rome's most infamous Caesar, Gaius Germanicus Caligula. This movie have everything

Close My Eyes (1991) -After some years of tension, Richard begins a sexual relationship with his sister Natalie. Now married, the relationship proves dangerously obsessional.

Bonus:

Movies that deals with Mild Incest

The Dreamers (2003)

Angel Heart (1987)

Cruel Intentions (1999)

Lone Star (1996)

The Grifters (1990)

The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

A Thousand Acres (1997)

The Color Purple (1985)

The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys (2002)
    Are you ready to begin?

thx for sharing
    bring me my Bow of burning gold bring me my Arrows of desire
    bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold
    bring me my Chariot of fire.