Thread: Depressed about broken engagement

Unregistered

Unhappy Depressed about broken engagement

I got engaged to a girl about a year back. It was arranged by my parents and like an obedient son i followed their orders. Naturally i shared this news with my colleagues and threw a party and celebrated big time but the engagement broke off after sometime. Now i had to tell the same colleagues all over again about the reasons for the engagement breaking-off a 100 times and now i am completely fed up with this.
    I am very depressed and cant concentrate on anything. My parents dont understand my problem and are looking for other relations for my marriage.
    I am even feeling suicidal because i am ashamed in front of my colleagues and not getting any support from parents and friends. Nobody seems to sympathesize with me and is busy doing his own thing.
    Please advise.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Look, actually, if you look at the upside of this, isn't it good that people are acting absolutely normal around you and not treating you like an invalid or something?

I'm sure that everyone understands how heartbroken you are but you know, life does go on, doesn't it?

So, just go with the flow, let the past be the past and look to the future. Put the depression away and be cheerful.

SB Champion Lieutenant prakash27's Avatar

At one hand you are worried about the colleagues making fun of u and at other side u are worried they are not sympathizing!! Do u want sympathy from such people?? what good it will do?? Just forget and do ur work like others are doing. Its no big deal for an engagement being called off!! Even marriages get called off!!

SB Champion Lieutenant siddharth3.5's Avatar

u have to explain one time only.. if its the same story whats the need to repeat? when they ask again say -i already told u..and they will try to remember then..
    u are wasting time waiting for others sympathy.. becaues they are busy with their life and work, they got no time to spend on u

I think u are just getting embarassed over this matter.. most could be ur own doubts.
    These thoughts may be coming because u are feeling ashamed of the matter.. there is nothing bad in it. Its none of ur fault anyway. Dont worry about colleagues also, they got their own matters to get busy with.. they will not be remembering this stuff after some time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Look, actually, if you look at the upside of this, isn't it good that people are acting absolutely normal around you and not treating you like an invalid or something?

I'm sure that everyone understands how heartbroken you are but you know, life does go on, doesn't it?

So, just go with the flow, let the past be the past and look to the future. Put the depression away and be cheerful.
    I agree with Preetoji same advice.
    It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life so interesting. . .

New Born

Bro!!!

this is lyf, sb chalta hy, tnsn q leta hy,mangni the toot gae, bs, age dhk shadi kr, apna future bna, past ko le k beth gya tu kam se gya

Thats an old thing. Even if others make u remember it, you have to avoid situations which may make them ask about it. Change the attention into some other subject.

If people at work ask repeated about it u should ask them to stop.. tell its irritating u and dont want to hear about it again. Say it in a serious tone and they will not dare again..

Kya yaar tumhara gold coin girgaya aur tum uskey sath ki chawanni key liyey ro rahey ho?

I am surprised!

Tumhey ladki na milney sey ziyada colleagues key questions ka irritation hai.

Mujhe laga tum uskey pyaar may tapadrahey hongey.

Only positive thing I look is you were not in love with her; so its infact good for you; let her go; and next time fall in love with your fiance.

Bhai zindagi colleagues sey nahie biwi key mohabbat sey chaltie hai.

People may be doing it for fun!!!
    Just to tease u. If u begin to worry about it, then it will make things worse only
    Behave like nothing happened.

u will have to look serius here and tell them its over and u should not be reminded of it.. all following questions can be ignored..

♡♥☋Ǩ ★☆★ ☾ћiҜ♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I got engaged to a girl about a year back. It was arranged by my parents and like an obedient son i followed their orders. Naturally i shared this news with my colleagues and threw a party and celebrated big time but the engagement broke off after sometime. Now i had to tell the same colleagues all over again about the reasons for the engagement breaking-off a 100 times and now i am completely fed up with this.
    I am very depressed and cant concentrate on anything. My parents dont understand my problem and are looking for other relations for my marriage.
    I am even feeling suicidal because i am ashamed in front of my colleagues and not getting any support from parents and friends. Nobody seems to sympathesize with me and is busy doing his own thing.
    Please advise.

common yaar cheer up!!!!

engagements breaking is a normal thing.....

world doesnt cahnge... u rnt living for poeple.... u being enaged or not... ur engagement breaking or not... popele dont acre... it doesnt matter to them...wat matters is how good a friend u r... if u drool into ur relationsip breakup... if u feel embarssed about it... its ur fault... have courage... face the facts...

it happens... wat ever happens u ahve to face it....

be normal with ur friends.. forgte taht incident... dont talk abt it... be ur earlier slef... dont eb soo consious abt it..

i know of popel whose almost 11 enagements have broken///...

engagement breaking up... is a very very common thing....

my engagemnet was also broken once... infact i had felt more relievd... & it had broken afer i threw aparty...that crzy guy had turned up to my work place... met my friends also...

i happily told my friends its OFF.... i carried on busy with my work & being their normal friend... & they were my friend like before...
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Banned Lieutenant

This is India - sab maze le rahe hain.. by asking you again and again... that is Indian mentality - to interfere in others business.

I say - u r saved.... you would have got stuck in a bloody mairrage...

Now you are a free bird again - enjoy the girls,,, enjoy the freedom.. enjoy your life..

Dont be suicidal - I dont understand - you would have been suicidal - if you got married.. not when you are free...

The people who are asking you again and again are the people who are friends when you are happy - and not the friends when you are sad.. so .. they are not friends at all...

Relax - chill and enjoy freedom.