Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prityanka Chopra's Happy Feet

Sa'aB™ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Default Prityanka Chopra's Happy Feet

Happy Feet

Priyanka Chopra becomes the first Bollywood actress and the second Indian woman after Indira Devi,
    the Maharani of Cooch Behar
    to get her own Ferragamo pair,
    custom made by the Italian shoe giant

" Give a girl the correct footwear and she can conquer the world" — Bette Midler

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one's gonna stop me now

teekhi jammu chilli Brigadier General arumita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesiCasanova View Post
    Happy Feet

Priyanka Chopra becomes the first Bollywood actress and the second Indian woman after Indira Devi,
    the Maharani of Cooch Behar to get her own Ferragamo pair,
    custom made by the Italian shoe giant

" Give a girl the correct footwear and she can conquer the world" — Bette Midler

she is looking nice.........

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet

From Audrey Hepburn and Angelina Jolie to Marilyn Monroe and Madonna, their shoes have adorned the feet of some of the world’s most beautiful women.

So when Ferragamo came calling last year with two stores in Mumbai and one each in Bangalore and Delhi, they decided to mark their entry into the country by spotting a pair of pretty Indian feet to fit snugly into their prestigious ‘Shoes for a Star’ project.

“Our search began and ended with Bollywood because it has so many beautiful women who are huge achievers,” reveals a Ferragamo spokesperson.

As a bevy of Bolly beauties waited with toes crossed, the Ferragamo team took months to sift through profiles. But in the end, the decision was unanimous — Priyanka Fashion Chopra.

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one's gonna stop me now

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet

“Priyanka was an obvious choice because of her fetish for shoes. We discovered that she has hundreds of pairs stashed in her cupboard. In fact here’s a woman who would even go to bed with her shoes on!” laughs the Ferragamo spokesperson.

That apart, Priyanka’s keen sense of fashion and versatility in her craft clinched it in her favour. “Priyanka is sexy, fashionable, does quality work and has been experimental in her career — all core values of the Ferragamo brand.”

Involved in conceptualising and crafting the shoe from start to finish, Priyanka took a keen interest in her, er, prized pair. “Knowing a lot about shoes herself, Priyanka went over the nitty-gritties of the design and gave a lot of inputs,” explains the spokesperson.

As part of the process, the former Miss World was an honoured guest at the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum in Florence last year where — like the other privileged women before her — her foot lasts (a form in the rough shape of a foot used in shoemaking) were made and she was given a guided tour of the museum by Leonardo, the legendary Salvatore Ferragamo’s son, who now heads the iconic brand.

Priyanka’s foot last is now housed at the museum, sharing space with those of some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet

Now, after months of planning and labour, Priyanka’s custom made pair is ready. Christened “The Priyanka Chopra Pair”, the final product, is an evening sandal with a rhinestone encrusted 13-centimetre heel. “Priyanka chose a mercurial silver grey which we all thought was something ‘so Priyanka’,” says the spokesperson.

Ferragamo is ecstatic about commencing its ‘Shoes for a Star’ project in India with Priyanka Chopra, but the next Indian woman achiever with lucky feet will have to wait a while to get her own Ferragamo pair. “It will definitely take three to four years, if not more,” says the Ferragamo spokesperson.

Till then Priyanka can preen, feet first!

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    FERRAGAMO FACTS

• One of the foremost luxury shoe makers in the world, Salvatore Ferragamo founded the company in 1927.

• Known for his unique hand-made footwear, Ferragamo’s scientific and creative approach to shoemaking spawned many innovations such as the wedge heel and cage heel. Ferragamo even studied the anatomy of feet at the University of Los Angeles to perfect his art!

• Hailed as ‘shoemaker to the stars’, Ferragamo has been a perennial favourite with Hollywood. In fact, Ferragamo became Ferragamo because of Hollywood. From Gloria Swanson to Nicole Kidman, every star worth her shoe has a custom made Ferragamo pair to her name. Stars like Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie are regular clients who flaunt Ferragamo at public appearances.

• In 2010, Ferragamo is paying a tribute to Greta Garbo with an exhibition of her clothes and shoes that have not been available for public viewing in the past.

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    In conversation

In an email chat from Las Vegas where she is shooting for Siddharth Anand’s Anjaana Anjaani with Ranbir, Priyanka tells us why she has happy feet!

Are you a shoe person?
    I am truly a shoe person! A peek into my wardrobe will reveal just how fascinated I am. My love affair with high heels began after I won the Miss India pageant and has just grown from strength to strength (much like the size of my shoe closet)! I haven’t really counted how many I own, but I can guarantee they run into hundreds.
    And now you are set to get your own Ferragamo pair. How does it feel?
    It feels fantastic... it’s every girl’s dream come true... a fantabulous pair of shoes specially designed for me by one of the foremost brands in the world! What makes it so much more special is that it is the only one of its kind in the world! I’m looking forward to giving my shoes a proper red carpet debut!
    What was your initial reaction when you were told that you would have your own Ferragamo pair?
    Honestly, I was shocked! The ‘Shoes for a Star’ project features the most illustrious names from across the world such as Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren and Madonna. I felt very privileged to be added to that list of some of the most beautiful and talented women in the world and to be the only Indian after the Maharani of Cooch Behar to be part of this project.
    What kind of inputs have you given towards the design?
    I was consulted at every step for my opinion... right from the design to the colour and the fabric. I did get a chance to have a detailed discussion with the fabulously talented designer Gaetano Perrone at the Ferragamo headquarters and we went through every single aspect of my made-to-order shoe. I went with an evening sandal with a rhinestone-crusted 13-centimetre heel and platform.
    Can you describe your experience at the Ferragamo Museum in Florence?
    It was really wonderful... almost like a journey to the past and back to the here and now... to see the foot lasts, special shoes and photographs of so many famous faces from across the world and across decades was truly surreal! It was really insightful to get a guided tour of the Ferragamo Museum by Leonardo (Ferragamo) himself... there were so many interesting insights and trivia that he shared. If you are ever in Florence, make sure you make a trip to the Ferragamo Museum!

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    The Chosen ones

AUDREY HEPBURN

The Roman Holiday star had a simple but arresting flat ballerina pair custom made for her in 1957

@priyanka:
    Last edited by mann4u; 16-02-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    ate jaate jo milta hai tumsa lagta hai
    mai to pagal ho jawunga aisa lagata hai

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    The Chosen ones

MARILYN MONROE

The iconic stilettos covered with sparkling red stones that the screen diva was frequently seen in was designed for her in the 1950s by Ferragamo who also designed close to 40 other pairs for Monroe

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    The Chosen ones

NICOLE KIDMAN

A peep-toe red velvet pair was custom made for the Australian actress. Ferragamo also designed the shoe wardrobe for Kidman’s recent film Australia

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    The Chosen ones

MAHARANI INDIRA DEVI

The beautiful princess was the proud owner of a scarlet pair encrusted with precious stones, custom made in 1938

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    The Chosen ones

SOPHIA LOREN

The Italian diva is a Ferragamo fanatic and got her custom made pair in the 1950s

Quote Originally Posted by DesiCasanova View Post
    Happy Feet

The Chosen ones

MAHARANI INDIRA DEVI

The beautiful princess was the proud owner of a scarlet pair encrusted with precious stones, custom made in 1938

wo prinncess of barodaa
    ate jaate jo milta hai tumsa lagta hai
    mai to pagal ho jawunga aisa lagata hai

Default Happy Feet

Happy Feet
    The Chosen ones

MADONNA

Ferragamo loyalist Madonna’s custom made pair is a sassy stiletto in black and silver