Thread: The girl next door

Unregistered

Default The girl next door

i am a married man since last 7 years and love my wife very much. i have two children one girl 7 and a boy 3. now the problem is that there is a girl 17 near to my home and i like talking to her very much. though i dont have any wrong intention about her. my wife also no this and dont say anything.i share jokes and play with her on our rooftop. now one day my wife told me that neighbors r talking suspicious about me and the girl then i stopped talking to her but find it very hard. and after some day i started talk again with her. it gives me happiness while i talk with her. some time i thinks bad things about her for 1 or 2 minute and then i shook my head and clean my mind. but i am not able to ignor her even i think her too much which i know not good for married man. now i want to know what shud i do. is it ok to talk with her or just avoid her.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Listen, you know very well that the fact that you cant stop talking to her or wanting to meet her, is a dangerous sign. And it indicates that you are getting emotionally involved with the girl.

I would definitely suggest that you reduce interaction with her drastically. I am in fact, surprised that her parents have not said anything about this to her as yet. So, treat her as a neighbour's daughter only and get your head right. This is a potentially explosive situation and can lead you into big trouble.

Banned Captain

Think about the girl's future. If your neighbors are keeping an eye on you, then the matter has really gone too far. I agree with Preeto Maam, you should definitely limit your conversations with the girl. You're a comlete grown up and mature guy, you should already know the rules of society. Make sure to follow those from now onwards. Certainly, you're getting attracted to her, its best if you overcome these desires soon. Don't avoid her because this can create some misunderstandings, but just limit your talks. Continuously remind yourself that you have a wife, and tell her that you are busy and have things planned out with your wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am a married man since last 7 years and love my wife very much. i have two children one girl 7 and a boy 3. now the problem is that there is a girl 17 near to my home and i like talking to her very much. though i dont have any wrong intention about her. my wife also no this and dont say anything.i share jokes and play with her on our rooftop. now one day my wife told me that neighbors r talking suspicious about me and the girl then i stopped talking to her but find it very hard. and after some day i started talk again with her. it gives me happiness while i talk with her. some time i thinks bad things about her for 1 or 2 minute and then i shook my head and clean my mind. but i am not able to ignor her even i think her too much which i know not good for married man. now i want to know what shud i do. is it ok to talk with her or just avoid her.

Thumbs up

its ok to talk with her but its not good to think wrong about that lil girl , if any bad thought comes to ur mind just think u got a wife and childrens whom u love , and about neighbours who talk wrong things about u and that girl , avoid them , well what u can do is u can make that girl ur lil sis this will also make them shut neighbours mouth and bad thoughts also wont come to ur mind simple ,tc, byeeeeee

SB Addict

Smile Reduce the interactions with this girl. Concentrate on other aspects of life

You are having some thoughts about her, i believe, which is a bad sign. You are getting emotionally involved, and if left unchecked, it has some chance of getting culminated into a romantic affair [it may not happen, but your intentions clearly state so]

So, I believe it'd be a graceful condition for everyone that you reduce your involvement with the girl, and concentrate on other professional, personal and societal issues [this will keep you busy, and will utilize your time better].

regards,
    Chmpk, the Inglourious.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel

Hi

She is 17 not 7 and you more than anyone else know that you do not have the same feelings like you have for your own 7 year old daughter.. I am surprised that you being the father of a girl yourself, needed you wife to tell you that neighbors are talking about you.

The girl is obviously at an age where she is enjoying the male attention, otherwise what will a 17 yr old girl will have in common with a married man and a father of 2

Completely cut off your communication before someone else points out or you are not able to shake away the bad things you think about her out of your mind any longer. You are the responsible adult

You must keep your distance.. may be you have immense control and will nothing wrong will happen other than the thoughts coming to ur mind. But still its bad for the girls future. Just look at it, neighbours are already making stories.. so as aresponsible adult, you have to back off right now itself

Its not completely true when u said u had no bad intention for her.....because u have admitted that atleast for a small amount of time u feel wrong things about her. That minute period is enough to make everything go bad. I think u should try to accept that fact than trying to pretend like nothing is wrong... your company is not safe and should end

Maam is right!!! You are emotionally involved with this little girl
    She is near the same age as ur children.....SO consider her like ur own daughter only

!! Marathi Manoos !! Captain rocky_29's Avatar

What were you playing with a teenage girl on the rooftop..???
    Please explain.
    (Doubt whether a 17-year old would play something with a married man.)

She's not at all of your children's age.....10 year gap is huge...

So you know where the line that divide good from bad, lies actually. Only problem seem to be so close to it that sometimes you are afraid to fall to the other side. You know what to do, go deeper into the safer realms leaving behind the dividing line. That will invovle spending more time with your wife and kids and lesser time with the girl. Keep in mind that, eventhough your wife hinted about suspicious neighbours, she might be trying to express her own concerns here.

Married for 7 years and u have a 7 years old daughter???

Cut down all chances of meeting her.. that will only make things worse. The lesser time u spend with her, the lesser u will think about her and safer for everyone

Confess this whole issue to ur wife. She will be better able to guide you.
    As u havent done anything physical with the girl, i think ur wife will forgive you and will help u to come out of this problem