Thread: Female Hollywood Heavyweights We Love

Default Female Hollywood Heavyweights We Love

Female Hollywood Heavyweights We Love

1) Gabourey Sidibe

Gabby burst on to the scene after her fearless portrayal as the title character of Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Saphire, for which she earned an Oscar nomination. We're answering back to those critics out there who say that this talented 26 year-old won't have a career because of her weight. We respectfully, strongly, and loudly disagree. Not only does her silver-screen debut prove her acting skill, not only does she already have another project in the works (Wickipedia says her film Yelling to the Sky will be released this year), but we don't think the snarky critics will bother a woman with Gabby's confidence, humor, and kindness. It's a killer combination that not even Gerard Butler can resist. Gabourey Sidibe Hits On Gerard Butler

2) Kirstie Alley

Her struggles with weight have been well documented. After losing 75 pounds as the spokeswoman for Jenny Craig, Alley has gained that back and then some since 2007. Now Kirstie's using her battle with the bulge as fodder for her new reality show Kirstie Alley's Big Life (premiering March 21). She's been quoted as saying, "I had a great time getting fat, and now I'm going to have an even greater time losing weight." We love her positivity, and we love that she's back where she belongs—on-screen!

3) Queen Latifah

After seeing a much smaller Queen Latifah in a beautiful dress at the Oscars (she looked gorgeous!), we're weren't sure if we should put her on this list. Still, the multi-tasking celeb — some of her titles include actress, rapper, singer, and author — has always been proud of her full figure. The Jersey girl has never been embarrassed about her figure. In June of 2006, she told Women's World, "I am not one to turn down macaroni and cheese, even late at night. I love Italian food. I love pasta...A refrigerator full of water and Gatorade? Honey, that`s just not gonna happen." Instead, Latifah did Hollywood her way, and she's proven that she has widespread appeal for every audience. All hail the Queen

4) Camryn Manheim

After all of her work during her 27-year career in Hollywood, perhaps the role of advocate is the one that Camryn should be recognized for. She works as an activist for gay rights, women's rights, and fat acceptance, and takes the job seriously. There's no better proof of her plus-size pride than when she received an Emmy Award in 1998 for her work on The Practice and exlaimed, "This is for all the fat girls!" Best. Quote. Ever.

5) Mo'nique

Like another woman on our list, Mo'Nique was honored at the Oscars for her work in Precious. In fact, she took home the Academy Award for best supporting actress. This mother of three is not only known for her talent but also for the unique stances she takes in her personal life. She's been unflinchingly honest about her unshaved legs, her open marriage, and her weight. Currently weighing in at 224, after a 40-pound loss, she says that she was motivated to downsize because she wanted to have more time with her husband of three years, Sidney Hicks, and their family. As she told Entertainment Tonight, "I want to say to big people, 'Let's be healthy big people.' Everybody can't be a size 0...but let's be healthy." Don't count on her losing her curves, though! Mo'Nique's goal weight is 200 pounds, which is still considered obese for her 5-foot, 6-inch frame. She's called herself "fat and fabulous" in the past, but we think just "fabulous" sums her up.

6) Kathy Bates

She once told New York Times Magazine, "I have always had a problem with my weight. When I was younger it was a real problem, because I was never pretty enough for the roles that other young women were being cast in. It was hard, not just for the lack of work but because you have to face up to how people are looking at you." When we look at you, Kathy, we see a woman who was impressive enough to win various accolades—an Oscar and a Tony Award among them—and a women who's strong enough to survive ovarian cancer. If taking character roles because of her appearance is the secret to working 47 years (and counting!) in Hollywood, we're all for

queen latifa is best among

Quote Originally Posted by knucklemaster View Post
    queen latifa is best among
    I agree..........

Too much bulk.