Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Agony Aunt : Frequently asked questions

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

How Is er.ectile Dysfunction Treated?

There are many different ways ED can be treated, including oral medications, sex therapy, penile injections, suppositories, vacuum pumps, and surgery. Each type of treatment has its own advantages and disadvantages. Talk to your doctor to determine the best treatment for you.

Which are the usual methods to remove unwanted hair from body?

I am allergic to shaving, what other option can i use to remove hair?

Shaving: Shaving is a popular technique as it can be done at short notice and gives you instant results without much effort. Most women still continue to shave inspite of alternate techniques being available. This method is quick and cheap, though the hair grows back rapidly and when the hair grows back it is very coarse. You should soften the hair by washing the area with warm soapy water. Use light gentle strokes in the direction of the hair growth, to remove the hair. After you finish moisturize the skin. There are different kinds of razors, electrical, disposable, with twin blades and moisturizing strips. Choose one that suits you the best.

Hair Removal Creams: These creams are manufactured in such a way that they dissolve the hair. These creams have an ingredient called keratolytic that will damage the skin if it is left on for a long time. Use a patch test the first time you are using a cream. But there is no doubt that they make the skin hair free, smooth and soft.

Electrolysis: This is a salon treatment and is expensive, but last longer and could be permanent as well. This requires a series of sittings if the results are to be good. A fine needle passes a very low electrical current into the hair follicle. After a session there will be slight swelling, redness and scarring which will take a few days to disappear.

Waxing: Though this method is a little painful, it is good to remove hair from the arms, legs and bikini line. Hair re-growth after waxing is slow and may take as much as two months. It is best to do a patch test for waxing as well. For best results one should continue waxing on a regular basis. Hair is removed from its root and when it re-grows it is finer. The problem with waxing is that the hair has to grow a little for waxing to be efficient. It helps to dust a little talcum powder on the area before waxing.

Laser treatment: This is another salon-based treatment that is expensive too. You need a few sessions for good results. Black activating lotion is applied over the area, to enable the hair follicle to absorb the laser energy. In this technique the best results are got from people with thick body hair.

Sugaring: This technique is similar to waxing. Here the removal solution is warmed and then applied on the area required with the help of a palette knife. The solution is applied in the direction of the hair growth. Then a cotton strip is used to cover the solution and torn away in the opposite direction and thus the hair is removed. Hair re-growth takes about six to eight weeks and it is fine.

Are there some ways to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth?

Try massaging yogurt into your scalp and then washing off after 15 minutes.

Yolk Massaging
    It is easiest possible home remedy. You can apply uncooked yolk on your scalp and leave your scalp with yolk for an hour. You can do it every alternate day. In fact this practice doesn't bring back hairs but tend to reduce hair fall.

Olive Oil and Castor Oil

These oils are very effective in preventing hair loss. You can regularly use these oils on your scalp to combat excessive hair loss. But castor oil is only meant to be used for hair roots so better not apply it on hairs.

Seeds of Mustard

It sounds incredible but it's true that drinking water with mustard seeds is a solution to baldness if the practice is continued for a few months. For taking seeds you should first boil a cup of water. A few seeds of mustards are put in simmering water and cooked for a few while. Once the water cools down you can drink mustard water solution.

Red Henna

Red Henna is one of the most common home remedy. You can apply Red Henna every alternate day to get the desired result. It is very effective hair loss curbing agent.

Coconut Milk

It could be very effective as hair loss remedy. It is basically applied to roots of hairs.

Fenugreek

A liquid made up Fenugreek and water could be also massaged for the same. The practice should be continued for at least two to three months.
    In addition to above discussed remedies, there could be certain dietary measures too. Like, you must consume milk products, egg and Vitamin B rich foods. Intake of minerals such as Copper and Iron are also very important to prevent hair loss.
    Take benefit of these home treatment options of hair loss as it could solve your problem without making you spend too much on treatment. Good Luck.

You could also try homeopathy for hair loss. That's a pretty effective treatment!

I am a girl. and i have hair above my upper lip. How can i remove them?

The usual hair removal methods are waxing or threading. You can try bleaching, or electrolysis too!

How can i remove hair from my underarms and genital areas?

For underarms, you can go in for shaving or waxing but the genital area is very delicate so actually just using the scissors is the best option for you.

This video will guide you how to safely shave your pubic area

Is hair around n i p ples normal?

A lot of Women experiencen i p ples
    hairs and its nothing to worry about in itself. But if you're experiencing any extra hair growth anywhere on your body, then make a appointment with your Doctor or Gynecologist so you can be checked for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and also get tested for a hormonal imbalance and see if your testosterone level is too high. High testosterone will cause male growth hair pattern

Are there any solutions for dry hair?

Try oil massages.say, once in a week if you get your scalp massaged with olive/coconut oil and then put a hot towl over it so that the oil can seep inside nicely, then it should help retain the moisture. Also, use a milder shampoo.

Please provide some solution for premature hair whitening/graying?

Here are some home remedies to stop premature graying of hair!

" Amla " is the best cure for grey hair and falling hair. Regular massage of "amla" paste rubbed into the scalp has worked wonders in many cases, frequently reversing the process of graying and falling off of hair.

Massage your hairs with coconut oil and Lemon everyday for at least 15 minutes. There are instances of people having black hairs even up to the age of 60-70 years by using this method.

Soak about 10 to 12 rithas and 3 to 4 shikakai pods overnight in a pint of water. Next day, boil for a few minutes and strain. Use this liquid as a normal shampoo. Separately soak 10 to 12 dried amlas in half a cup of water overnight. Strain and use as a hair conditioner after your head bath. Leave it on the hair for ten minutes and rinse your hair with clean warm water. This will leave your hair smooth and shiny and also stop premature graying of your hair.

Mix lemon juice in castor oil and beat till frothy. Add 'henna' in to it. Apply the mixture evenly over the scalp, and bathe after an hour using 'shikakai' and 'ritha' shampoo as above. This checks greying of hair.

Take a cup of strong black tea (without milk), and to this add a tablespoon of salt. When cold, strain the tea and massage it on the roots. Leave it on for an hour, and then rinse with cold water. Do not shampoo it.

Nourishment

Your hair needs the following nourishment:

a) Vitamin A - vitamin A is necessary for promoting a healthy scalp and gives body and glow to your hair. Include dark green vegetables and orange & yellow fruits & vegetables in your diet.

b) Vitamin B - vitamin B regulates the secretion of oil, keeps hair healthy & moisturized. Eat more of fresh green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cauliflower, cereals, liver kidney, yogurt, bananas and green vegetables.

c) Minerals - minerals like zinc, iron & copper promote healthy hair. Food sources: zinc - red meat, chicken & green vegetables; iron - dried apricots, red meat, parsley, eggs, wheat & sunflower seeds; copper - seafood, egg yolk & whole grains.

d) Proteins - consuming more of protein gives your hair natural shine and good texture. Include more of sprouted whole grains, cereals, meat and soy in your diet.

I am 20 years old now but not having hair growth in face. I am worried, please help

Look, some boys get hair on their faces a bit later on in life, so you really don't have to stress about it! Wait...let nature take it's course

I am 14 years old and there is hair in my genital area. Why is this happening?

Don't worry, don't worry. these are all signs of growing up and are absolutely normal and happening with everyone.See, around your early teens you enter the stage of puberty. This is when changes occur in your body. Hair starts growing in your armpits and your genitals, the voice starts changing and you start getting sexual urges. Its all quite natural and normal

I want to know whether there are any side effects for Laser hair removal?

Laser hair removal performed by a licensed practitioner with an approved laser is safe and has a low risk of lasting side effects.

According to the FDA, laser treatments cannot claim to be painless. For most people, the laser treatment produces an irritating or painful feeling similar to the snap of a rubber band against the skin or a series of pricks with a warm needle.

The common short-term side effects (swelling and redness) are a result of the laser's heat. Lasers are equipped with skin-cooling devices, but if you find that your skin is especially sensitive, an anesthetic cream can be applied before treatment. A cool-pack can also be used after treatments to reduce pain. The practitioner should conduct a test on a small area to see how your skin reacts to treatment 48 hours before beginning a full treatment.

Long-term, negative side effects of laser hair removal are rare.

Masturbation

Is too much masturbation dangerous? WHat is safe frequency?
    Does regular masturbation cause mal-nutrition, fatigue and make you physically weak?
    Does masturbation reduce sperm count?
    Is masturbation bad for my eyesight?
    I am doing masturbation since x years. Can i satisfy my wife when i get married? Does it affect my sexual abilities?
    I am a girl i regularly masturbate. Now i am experiencing pain during periods and sometimes periods are getting delayed too. Is it due to masturbation?
    Does masturbation cause premature ejaculation?
    Does masturbation cause *****ile dysfunction in men?
    Will masturbation cause penis to bend?
    Will masturbation make a person thin or can affect health?
    Can masturbation cause ****les in face?
    Will masturbation make my penis smaller? Will it affect my size?
    I am a girl and i masturbate. I want to know whether it will affect my pregnancy later?
    Does regular masturbation cause psychological and behavioural problem?
    Does regular masturbation causes constipation and flatulance?
    I masturbate regularly, and recently have started to lose hair. Is my hair fall due to masturbation?
    I am a girl, i want to try masturbation. All my friends say they don't masturbate. Is it normal for a girl to masturbate?
    I feel guilty after masturbation. Why?
    What is Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome (TMS)?
    I am a girl, and i do masturbation. Am i virgin? Does masturbation count as losing your virginity?
    Why do i have headache after masturbation?
    I am a man, and never have done masturbation before. How do i masturbate? What precautions i have to take? Suggest some styles to do masturbation please
    I am a girl, and have never done masturbation before. How can i do it?
    I am addicted to masturbation. How can i stop this habit?

[ go to contents ]

Last edited by Preeto Maam; 29-09-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Is too much masturbation dangerous? WHat is safe frequency?

There is nothing known as too much masturbation. In fact, though there is no 'normal' frequency for masturbation, yet it is recorded that a male masturbates 8 times a week on an average. Masturbation is as normal as sexual intercourse What happens to the penis when it is inside the vagina during sexual intercourse is the same as what happens when it is inside the folded palm during masturbation.

Does regular masturbation cause mal-nutrition, fatigue and make you physically weak?

No, masturbation has none of the effects that you mentioned. It may weaken you for the moment. All sexual activity does so but that is only for a few moments

Does masturbation reduce sperm count?

No it does not.

Is masturbation bad for my eyesight?

Masturbation does not affect eyesight. This myth probably originated because boys often start having to wear glasses at about the same age they start masturbating.