Thread: you’ve got one life, live it to the fullest!

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default you’ve got one life, live it to the fullest!

Did you know that Abraham Lincoln had two business ventures fail, lost 8 different elections and had a complete nervous breakdown before becoming president in 1816? His story is a great inspirational confidence story in that he shows how if you just keep moving towards your dream, you will eventually make it.

Abraham Lincoln overcame great setbacks and obstacles on his journey. Take a look at the synopsis of his life and see whether you would have had the courage to continue on.

1809 Born February 12

1816 Abraham Lincoln's family was forced out of their home and he needed to work to support his family.

1818 His mother passed away

1828 His sister dies

1831 Abusinessventure failed

1832 He ran for the State Legislature. He lost.

1832 In the same year, he also lost his job. He decided he wanted to go to law school but couldn't get in.

1833 He borrowed money from a friend to start abusiness. By the end of the year, he was bankrupt.

1834 He ran for the State Legislature again. This time he won.

1835 The year was looking better as he was engaged to be married. Unfortunately, his fiancée died and he was grief stricken.

1836 This was the year he had a total nervous breakdown and for 6 months was bedridden.

1836 He sought to become Speaker of the State Legislature. He was defeated.

1840 He sought to become Elector. He was defeated.

1842 Marries Mary Todd. They have 4 boys but only one would live to maturity.

1843 He ran for Congress . He lost.

1846 He ran forCongressagain. He won and moved to Washington.

1848 He ran for re-election toCongress. He lost.

1849 He sought the job of Land Officer in his home state. He didn't get the job.

1850 His son, Edward, dies.

1854 He ran for the Senate of the United States. He lost.

1856 He sought the Vice Presidential nomination at a national convention. He got less than 100 votes.

1858 He ran for the Senate again. He lost again.

1860 Abraham Lincoln is elected President ofthe United States

1862 His son, Willie, dies at age 12.

1865 On April 14, Abraham Lincoln is assassinated

Whatever happens, move on, push ahead, strive hard - you’ve got one life, live it to the fullest!

Default Diana Frances Spencer or Princess Diana

Diana Frances Spencer or Princess Diana as she was commonly known, was born on July 1, 1961 into a wealthy English family. She married Prince Charles of Wales, an event that catapulted her overnight into media attention and scrutiny. Her marriage ended in divorce in August 1996 but her popularity with the masses and the media remained unchanged.

A popular media icon for many years, Diana's untimely death in a high-speed car accident in August, 1997, shocked the world. Although Diana was often in the news for her dazzling personality, her sense of style and the ups and downs in her personal life, she spent a lot of time in charitable pursuits and she received recognition for all the good work she did.

Princess Diana can truly be defined by something she once said: “I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.”

A princess by beauty: Diana grew up to be a stunning young lady who impressed everyone with her beauty and personality which captivated million around the world.

Kiss the Bride: Britain's Prince Charles kisses his bride, the former Diana Spencer on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in London after their wedding.

The royalty: King Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Diana play with Diana's children, Prince William (L) and Prince Harry in August, 1986 in Palma de Mallorca.

One for the masses: Diana, Princess of Wales, is greeted by supporters during her visit to the Doctor Angel Roffo hospital in Buenos Aires. Diana was a crowd favourite almost everywhere she stepped.

Global appeal: Diana contributed a lot to charitable works. Several credits were also given to her for her efforts as well. In the picture, The Princess of Wales chats with students practicing with dolls at the college of the Tushino children's hospital in Moscow.

The Crash: The wrecked car in which Princess Diana died, in this Sunday Aug. 31, 1997 file photo. The car crash also killed her companion Dodi Fayed and the chauffeur. The crash happened shortly after midnight in a tunnel along the Seine River

The Last Ride: Republican Guards stand at attention as pall bearers carry the Royal Standard-covered coffin of Diana, Princess of Wales, out of the Salpetriere hospital, Paris.

A loss for all: Unidentified mourners view the large collection of flowers that have been left at the gates of Kensington Palace, London before the start of the funeral procession for Princess Diana.

A scar too deep: A woman mourns the death of Diana, in front of the British Embassy in Washington, DC, 31 August. The untimely death of Diana passed a wave of shock through the British populace.

Default Wings!!!!

Wings!!!!

There was once a lonely girl who longed desperately for love. One day while she was walking in the woods she found two starving song birds. She took them home and put them in a small glided cage. She nurtured them with love and the birds grew strong. Every morning they greeted her with a marvelous song. The girl felt great love for the birds. She wanted their singing to last forever.

One day the girl left the door to the cage open. The larger and stronger of the two birds flew from the cage. The girl watched anxiously as he circled high above her. She was so frightened that he would fly away and she would never see him again that as he flew close, she grasped at him wildly. She caught him in her fist. She clutched him tightly within her hand. Her heart gladdened at her success in capturing him. Suddenly she felt the bird go limp. She opened her hand stared in horror at the dead bird. Her desperate clutching love had killed him.

She noticed the other bird teetering on the edge of the cage. She could feel his great need for freedom. His need to soar into the clear, blue sky. She lifted him from the cage and tossed him softly into the air. The bird circled once, twice, three times.

The girl watched delighted at the bird's enjoyment. Her heart was no longer concerned with her loss. She wanted the bird to be happy. Suddenly the bird flew closer and landed softly on her shoulder. It sang the sweetest melody, she had ever heard.

" The fastest way to lose love is to hold on too tight, the best way to keep love is to give it -- WINGS! "

Default keep alive your aloneness and play the game of life with that

Billions of people live on earth. Every second, as many thoughts take birth and dissolve, even as beings come and go. There is a process in life: to come and to go. Have you seen any wave in the ocean that stays still? No, it comes and goes. Thoughts also come and go, reactions come and go, everything comes and goes.

Considering the transitory nature of life, it makes sense to not cling to things. And why are we so serious? Perhaps we are so serious because we have so much negativity. Even if something happens that helps us, that brings us prosperity, we think negative and we refuse it. We are unable to see the difference between a diamond and mere stone.

What causes you pain often turns out to be the most beautiful blessing of your life. If any source gives you pain, feel gratitude for that. For suffering creates the opportunity for change. Sometimes we need pressure and pain to make us change for the better.

When a sculptor takes a stone, he removes all the unwanted parts and discovers the figure in that stone. Pain and pressure in life are processes that help remove all unwanted substances from our lives and realise our true Self.

Aurobindo said that pain is a hammer in the hands of the Divine. Divinity is trying to make a true figure; He is removing all the unwanted substances very slowly, and all around you, for some it could also be their near and dear.

Keep alive your aloneness. We came from One and we have to become One. One is alone; alone means One. The highest possibilities of life can come in aloneness. When you are two, nothing comes to you, two is a pastime. If our life is happy, if it is full of the divine blessings, blessed by divine grace, it is because life gives us the fruit of aloneness. Only the Divine is alone. The Divine is one, He's not two.

We should feel gratitude if something or someone gives us the experience of aloneness. Only when we are alone, are we able to understand ourselves, to know who we are, to become aware of ourselves, to see the value of our lives. But we are always afraid of aloneness. Nobody wants to be alone, to be single; we want to become two, and two takes you out from you. Becoming one is a process of life.

When i say, “I do yoga,” what does yoga mean? To become One. You are two and now you want to become one. Yoga means to become One and One is God, One is the highest source of possibilities. If you want only a pastime you can become two, three or four.

If we feel alone, we should try to live with this aloneness for a long time. When we live with this and the seed of aloneness is established in us, a beautiful tree comes out. And the tree that comes from the seed of aloneness gives us love, peace, harmony, joy, bliss, everything.

But we have to hold this aloneness with all the patience. Remember that we are blessed with divine grace if aloneness comes into our life, because this comes to very few people. This world is so strange that it always keeps us involved, always busy. So keep alive your aloneness and play the game of life with that.

Default Life could be so much better for many people!!

he way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions
    that are stronger and more powerful.”
    - Dalai Lama

Life could be so much better for many people, if they would just spot their negative thinking habits and
    replace them with positive ones.

Negative thinking, in all its many-splendored forms, has a way of creeping into conversations and our thinking without our noticing them. The key to success, in my humble opinion, is learning to spot these thoughts and squash them like little bugs. Then replace them with positive ones. You’ll notice a huge difference in everything you do.

Let’s take a look at 10 common ways that negative thinking emerges — get good at spotting these patterns, and practice replacing them with positive thinking patterns. It has made all the difference in the world for me.

1. I will be happy once I have_____ (or once I earn X).
    Problem: If you think you can’t be happy until you reach a certain point, or until you reach a certain income,
    or have a certain type of house or car or computer setup, you’ll never be happy. That elusive goal is always
    just out of reach. Once we reach those goals, we are not satisfied — we want more.

Solution: Learn to be happy with what you have, where you are, and who you are, right at this moment.Happiness doesn’t have to be some state that we want to get to eventually — it can be found right now. Learn to count your blessings, and see the positive in your situation. This might sound simplistic, but it works.

2. I wish I were as____ as (a celebrity, friend, co-worker).
    Problem: We’ll never be as pretty, as talented, as rich, as sculpted, as cool, as everyone else. There will
    always be someone better, if you look hard enough. Therefore, if we compare ourselves to others like this,
    we will always pale, and will always fail, and will always feel bad about ourselves. This is no way to be happy.

Solution: Stop comparing yourself to others, and look instead at yourself — what are your strengths, your

accomplishments, your successes, however small? What do you love about yourself? Learn to love who you are, right now, not who you want to become. There is good in each of us, love in each of us, and a wonderful human spirit in every one of us.

3. Seeing others becoming successful makes me jealous and resentful.
    Problem: First, this assumes that only a small number of people can be successful. In truth, many, many
    people can be successful — in different ways.

Solution: Learn to admire the success of others, and learn from it, and be happy for them, by empathizing with them and understanding what it must be like to be them. And then turn away from them, and look at yourself — you can be successful too, in whatever you choose to do. And even more, you already are successful. Look not at those above you in the social ladder, but those below you — there are always millions of people worse off than you, people who couldn’t even read this article or afford a computer. In that light,
    you are a huge success.

4. I am a miserable failure — I can’t seem to do anything right.
    Problem: Everyone is a failure, if you look at it in certain ways. Everyone has failed, many times, at differentthings. I have certainly failed so many times I cannot count them — and I continue to fail, daily. However, looking at your failures as failures only makes you feel bad about yourself. By thinking in this way, we will have a negative self-image and never move on from here.

Solution: See your successes and ignore your failures. Look back on your life, in the last month, or year, or 5years. And try to remember your successes. If you have trouble with this, start documenting them — keep a success journal, either in a notebook or online. Document your success each day, or each week. When you look back at what you’ve accomplished, over a year, you will be amazed. It’s an incredibly positive feeling.

5. I’m going to beat so-and-so no matter what — I’m better than him. And there’s no way I’ll help
    him succeed — he might beat me.

Problem: Competitiveness assumes that there is a small amount of gold to be had, and I need to get itbefore he does. It makes us into greedy, back-stabbing, hurtful people. We try to claw our way over people to get to success, because of our competitive feelings. For example, if a blogger wants to have more subscribers than another blogger, he may never link to or mention that other blogger. However, who is to say that my subscribers can’t also be yours? People can read and subscribe to more than one blog.

Solution: Learn to see success as something that can be shared, and learn that if we help each other out,we can each have a better chance to be successful. Two people working towards a common goal are better than two people trying to beat each other up to get to that goal. There is more than enough success to go around. Learn to think in terms of abundance rather than scarcity.

6. Dammit! Why do these bad things always happen to me?
    Problem: Bad things happen to everybody. If we dwell on them, they will frustrate us and bring us down.

Solution: See bad things as a part of the ebb and flow of life. Suffering is a part of the human condition —

but it passes. All pain goes away, eventually. Meanwhile, don’t let it hold you back. Don’t dwell on bad things, but look forward towards something good in your future. And learn to take the bad things in stride, and learn from them. Bad things are actually opportunities to grow and learn and get stronger, in disguise.

7. You can’t do anything right! Why can’t you be like_ ___ ?
    Problem: This can be said to your child or your subordinate or your sibling. The problem? Comparing twopeople, first of all, is always a fallacy. People are different, with different ways of doing things, different strengths and weaknesses, different human characteristics. If we were all the same, we’d be robots. Second, saying negative things like this to another person never helps the situation. It might make you feel better
    and more powerful, but in truth, it hurts your relationship, it will actually make you feel negative, and it will
    certainly make the other person feel negative and more likely to continue negative behavior. Everyone loses.

Solution: Take the mistakes or bad behavior of others as an opportunity to teach. Show them how to do
    something. Second, praise them for their positive behavior, and encourage their success. Last, and most
    important, love them for who they are, and celebrate their differences.

8. Your work ****s. It’s super lame. You are a moron and I hope you never reproduce.
    Problem: I’ve actually gotten this comment before. It feels wonderful. However, let’s look at it not from theperspective of the person receiving this kind of comment but from the perspective of the person giving it. How does saying something negative like this help you? I guess it might feel good to vent if you feel like your time has been wasted. But really, how much of your time has been wasted? A few minutes? And whose fault is that? The bloggers or yours? In truth, making negative comments just keeps you in a negative mindset. It’s also not a good way to make friends.

Solution: Learn to offer constructive solutions, first of all. Instead of telling someone their blog ****s, or thata post is lame, offer some specific suggestions for improvement. Help them get better. If you are going to take the time to make a comment, make it worth your time. Second, learn to interact with people in a more positive way — it makes others feel good and it makes you feel better about yourself. And you can make some great friends this way. That’s a good thing.

9. Insulting People Back
    Problem: If someone insults you or angers you in some way, insulting them back and continuing your anger
    only transfers their problem to you. This person was probably having a bad day (or a bad year) and took it out on you for some reason. If you reciprocate, you are now having a bad day too. His problem has become yours. Not only that, but the cycle of insults can get worse and worse until it results in violence or other negative consequences — for both of you.

Solution: Let the insults or negative comments of others slide off you like Teflon. Don’t let their problembecome yours. In fact, try to understand their problem more — why would someone say something like that? What problems are they going through? Having a little empathy for someone not only makes you understand that their comment is not about you, but it can make you feel and act in a positive manner towards them — and make you feel better about yourself in the process.

10. I don’t think I can do this — I don’t have enough discipline. Maybe some other time.
    Problem: If you don’t think you can do something, you probably won’t. Especially for the big stuff. Disciplinehas nothing to do with it — motivation and focus has everything to do with it. And if you put stuff off for “some other time”, you’ll never get it done. Negative thinking like this inhibits us from accomplishing anything.
    Solution: Turn your thinking around: you can do this! You don’t need discipline. Find ways to make yourself a

success at your goal. If you fail, learn from your mistakes, and try again. Instead of putting a goal off for later, start now. And focus on one goal at a time, putting all of your energy into it, and getting as much help from others as you can. You can really move mountains if you start with positive thinking.

Niceeeeeeeeee

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee

___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Nice share Buddy!
    Thansk!
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Thanks buddy!
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

New Born

nice share dude move on.......its vry inspirational.......

Default Is it possible to achieve success without struggle?

Is it possible to achieve success without struggle?

Is it possible to achieve success without struggle, despite what most of us have been taught from our younger days that success is impossible without massive hard work and sufferings?

As you go through stages of life, the painful reality you have to contend with is: Even hard work and struggle does not guarantee success.

To most people, success seems like a mystery, a puzzle. Despite pain-staking application of the universal rules and principles taught by the gurus, success remains elusive.

The irony, as you may also have noticed, is that some people seemed to have gained success so easily. These people are often deemed to be the lucky ones, with unexplainable factors that guide them to do the right thing at the right time.

What is this missing linking of success? Is it really a fuzzy factor that picks the winners at random?

The level of difficulty in reaching success is in direct proportion to the level of clarity we have about our life goals and purposes.

Do you have to toil away at tasks you never enjoy in order to gain success? Most likely so if you are fuzzy about what your want in life.

Can success be acquired in a joyful and fulfilling way? Absolutely! If you have achieved clarity in your life direction and mission, and have placed them firmly at the center of your focus, your life will be characterized by daily experience of joy and fulfillment.

The biggest problem many people have with success is: The glamorous kind of success that gain the recognitions and envies of others may not align with your heart's deepest desire. If you can reconcile success with what your heart truly desire, you can really gain success easily. This is the missing link to finding success without struggle!

Most people see success as achievement of goals. The fact is, success should be experienced during the journey. Over more than two decades, I have been pursuing success in studies, sports, career, and even self-development goals. I was extremely goal-oriented, always perpetuate the timeless principle of one of the "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People": Begin With The End In Mind!

As I reflect on all these years of experience, I found myself looking at the glaring paradox of success: When I focused only on the goals, the joy and excitement of success is often short-lived. Success is usually achieved after a long period of struggles and sometime unpleasant hard work. The main reason being that I was pursuing success that does not align with my life purpose. I was drawn to prestige and glamor, more than inner joy and fulfillment. The simple lesson that took me years to realize is: Pursue only goals that you can enjoy the journey.

Most often it is how we define success that determines whether we are able to enjoy the journey as much as the end goal.

Take my favorite sport for example: marathon running. When I set my goal on running a marathon race, I give myself 6 to 9 months to train for the race. It is important to have a clear and specific goal on the marathon race. For me, I have a clear goal to complete the full course in three-and-a-half hours or better. I am setting this goal to push myself to instill better discipline in diet and exercise, as well as in my work. It is a challenging goal to me because the last marathon I run more than ten years ago was barely below four hours.

With this end goal, I work backward to find out the pace that I need to run during the race. I would then be able to know the gap between my current form and what I need to achieve in eight month's time. I work out a training plan to do weekly long run, speed work, and interval training. The training schedule will be in a progressive manner where I should achieve peak form when it reaches the day of race.

To cut the long story short, there are lots of details in preparing for a marathon race. However, the single most important thing I have to focus on is how I define success. It is a mindset business. While I have set a specific time goal to finish the race, it is not my definition of success. The success is not found in the distant future eight months from now. Success is defined by my daily commitment in working out the training program.

With this definition, I experience success everyday whenever I:

- Complete a 12-mile run.
    - Work out an exhausting but satisfying speed training.
    - Push myself to finish the punishing interval training even when my muscle is aching.
    - Resist the temptation of tasty food to stick to the sports diet
    - Defy the urge to run too hard so as to avoid over-training or injury.
    - Diligently attend to blister and chafing so as to recover in time for next day's training without disruption.
    - Remember to replenish my body fluid sufficiently to restore the required balance.

Even though I have to sweat, suffer muscle aching and even injuries, doing these is not a struggle to me. It is fun and exciting. It keeps me energized everyday.

I look forward to the training regime everyday, anticipating the excitement and fulfillment of finishing each exhausting training session, knowing that I have achieved success for that day. The compounding effect of such success mindset is empowering. I know fully well that these small successes will add up to huge success in time to come. Even if I do not meet my time goal at end of this year, I know I have succeeded anyway as long as I follow the training regime diligently. I would already have experienced success on a daily basis for eight months even prior to the end goal. The final achievement of running time will be wonderful but it will not undermine my success. I am not comparing myself with others.

This same success principle can be applied universally in our life, in anything we do.

It is absolutely possible to achieve success without struggle if you can:

- Find your life purpose by seeking your inner wisdom;
    - Set your goals base on your purpose, and be guided by what really excites and energizes you;
    - Break the goal into small tasks you need to do on a daily basis;
    - Stay focus in doing the small tasks well and enjoy the process;
    - The key to enjoying the process is to be in the state of flow regularly by aligning your mind, body and soul.;
    - This can be achieved by daily meditation exercise;
    - Do not be concern about how you measure up with others;
    - Have the faith and belief that success will eventually come, if you persevere and never give up.

Everyone can do it and everyone can achieve success in his own terms, without struggle!