Thread: Can Love be defined?

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Can Love be defined?

"Love and knowledge are two important things in the world when we share them their values don't decrease, they always increase."

What is Love?

Can Love be defined?

No, if you live it. And yes, in all other cases.

"The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The un namable is the eternally real," said Lao Tzu.

If you focus on the name, you lose the substance.

Love is your behavior towards others. Love has many meanings. It can mean an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or emotional state.

Love is a key to your happiness and a blessing to others. If you love you make the world a kind and gentle place and other people feel safe around you.

Translate the Word "Love" Into Action

Love is the basis of harmonic relationships and gracious giving and receiving. Remind yourselves of love and translate the word "love" into action. When giving and receiving (Yin and Yang) are in proper balance, you have time both to listen and to tell, to understand and to be understood, to help others and to receive help, to be there for people in need and to ask people for something.

"He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open."
    Rabindranath Tagore

Impersonal love

A person can be said to love a home, country, a principle, goal, job, or hobby if they value it greatly and are deeply committed to it. People can also 'love' material objects, animals, or activities if they invest themselves in bonding their identity with that item.

Religious love

"Let everyone understand that the real love of God does not consist in tear-shedding, nor in that sweetness and tenderness for which we often long, just because they console us, but in serving God by serving those around us, in justice, fortitude of soul, and humility." Teresa of Avila

Most religions use love to express the devotion the follower has to their deity who may be a living guru or religious teacher.

This love can be expressed by putting the love of God above personal needs, prayer, service, good deeds, and personal sacrifice, all done selflessly. Reciprocally, the followers may believe that the deity loves the followers and all of creation. Some traditions encourage the development of passionate love in the believer for the deity.

Interpersonal Love

In ordinary use, love usually refers to interpersonal love.

Interpersonal love is love between human beings, and is more sympathetic than the notion of very much liking for another. Although feelings are usually reciprocal, there can also be unrequited love. Interpersonal love is usually found in an interpersonal relationship, such as between family members, friends, and couples. However, people often express love for other people outside of these relationships through compassionate outreach and volunteering.

Some elements that are often present in interpersonal love:

Affection: appreciation of other

Attachment: satisfying basic emotional needs

Reciprocation: if love is mutual

Commitment: a desire to maintain love

Emotional intimacy: sharing emotions and feelings

Kinship: family bonds

Passion: sexual desire

Physical intimacy: sharing of personal space

Self-interest: desiring rewards

Service: desire to help

The Power of Passion

Successful people win because they love what they do. All of them have a very strong desire to succeed. They have passion for their field, their business.

Passion is the single fastest way to spur yourself to massive success. It is something you love. Something you're excited about. Something you get up early to work on or to stay up late.

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Thumbs up

Nopz it cnt be defined,nice share sheikh.......
    Every time I hear your voice, I hear another reason to keep
    you forever -