Thread: Sachin Tendulkar wins ICC Cricketer of the Year Award...!!!!

Banned Captain

Thumbs up Sachin Tendulkar wins ICC Cricketer of the Year Award...!!!!

NEW DELHI: Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar has won the ICC Cricketer of the Year Award in the ICC Annual Award held in Bengaluru on Wednesday.

Sachin also won the People's Choice Award, the category which was introduced for the first time by the ICC. This award was chosen by cricket fans around the world who voted for their favourite player on-line from a short-list of five cricketers selected by the ICC selection panel on the basis of some really innovative parameters, in sync with the values that embody brand LG.

Whereas Indian opener Virender Sehwag won the Test Player of the Year and South African AB de Villiers bagged the ODI Player of the Year.

Team India won the Test Team of the Year whereas Australia bagged the ODI Team of the Year Award.

South Africa's AB de Villiers has won the ODI Player of the Year award.

De Villiers beat off tough competition from Sachin Tendulkar and the Australia duo of Shane Watson and Ryan Harris to take the prestigious award.

During the voting period, de Villiers played 16 ODIs and scored 855 runs at an average of 71.25 and at a rate of 103.38 runs per 100 balls faced. In that time he hit four 50s and four centuries making sure he led his team from the front when it came to batting.

England fast bowler Steven Finn has won the ICC Emerging Player of the Year award at the LG ICC Awards ceremony in Bengaluru.

The 21-year-old, who played in six Test matches in the voting period and took 27 wickets at an average of 21.85, has made an immediate impact within the England side with his extra pace and bounce since making his Test debut in March of this year.

Pakistan Umpire Aleem Dar has won the David Shepherd Trophy for the second time after being named ICC Umpire of the Year.

Dar,42, was voted to this award by the 10 Full Member captains as well as the eight-man Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees, based on his decision statistics and officiating skills over the past 12 months.

It is the second year in a row that he has received the ICC award which has been newly named after the late England umpire David Shepherd and upon collecting the trophy from Chris Broad, Dar said: "I think the fact I'm still playing cricket in Pakistan makes me a good umpire, in the last four times I've played cricket I scored centuries so I definitely think that has helped.

West Indies great Joel Garner was inducted into ICC Hall of Fame in the ceremony.

Netherlands all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate has become the ICC Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year at the LG ICC Awards in Bengaluru.

The voting academy chose ten Doeschate over other top Associate and Affiliate players including Afghanistan's Mohammed Shahzad and the Ireland duo of Trent Johnston and Kevin O'Brien. It is the second time ten Doeschate has claimed the award, the first time he picked up the title was in 2008.

The LG ICC Awards ceremony is now in its seventh year. The event was staged in association with Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA). Previous ceremonies were held in London (2004), Sydney (2005), Mumbai (2006), Johannesburg (2007 and 2009) and Dubai (2008).

The nominations for seven of the awards was made by a five-man ICC selection panel chaired by ICC Cricket Hall of Fame, former West Indies captain and Chairman of ICC Cricket Committee Clive Lloyd. The panel also includes former India captain Ravi Shastri, former England fast bowler Angus Fraser, ex- Zimbabwe batsman and England coach Duncan Fletcher and former Australia opener Matthew Hayden.

The ICC on Wednesday announced its Test and ODI Team of the Year, as chosen by a specially appointed selection panel chaired by West Indian batting legend Clive Lloyd.

ICC Test team of the year (in batting order):

Virender Sehwag (IND), Simon Katich (AUS), Sachin Tendulkar (IND), Hashim Amla (RSA), Kumar Sangakkara (SRI), Jacques Kallis (RSA), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (IND /capt and wicketkeeper), Graeme Swann (ENG), James Anderson (ENG), Dale Steyn (RSA), Doug Bollinger (AUS).

ICC ODI Team of the Year (in batting order):

Sachin Tendulkar (IND), Shane Watson (AUS), Michael Hussey (AUS), AB de Villiers (RSA), Paul Collingwood (ENG), Ricky Ponting (AUS/capt), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (IND - wicketkeeper), Daniel Vettori (NZL), Stuart Broad (ENG), Doug Bollinger (AUS), Ryan Harris (AUS).

Last edited by ENIGMA_BOY; 06-10-2010 at 07:56 PM.

●๋•нαя ∂нα∂кαη υѕкє ℓιソє● Field Marshal kaps58's Avatar

kudos.........

Just seen it on news..!!!!
    God is Really Creative....I Mean... Just Luk @ Me ...!!!

Banned Major

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

he is gr8
    My love, the spark that ignited the day we met
    remains an eternal flame.

▬ Sammy The King ▬ Field Marshal .H.'s Avatar

wow he is superman

Just when you think you have all the answers,
    I change the questions

great sachin...........