Thread: Mother Tongue Influence problem

Smile Mother Tongue Influence problem

hi mam my name is rahul nd i m an regular reader of sb forum 1st of all i want to say the way u help people resolving their problem is incredible i also want to share my problm i belongs to allahabad nd m persuing ma graduation right nw from pune university nd staying in pune only my family financial condition is nt so good so i m working in a domestic bpo and spend all my expenses by my own bt the issue is tht i think my eng. is good enough nd i want to work in an international bpo bt whnever i goes in a interview they told me that u have an mti( mother tounge influence) problm and by saying ths they rejected me everytime i jus want to knw is thr any way by which i cn remove my mti problm bcs domestic bpo`s r nt paying much , nd its hard for me to survive in domestic bpo salary in pune and jus bcs of my mti problm m nt able to select in international 1 pls help me out tell me all the possible way to remove my mti problm

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!

Look, the way you write shows that the issue is not the knowledge about English at all, its probably the accent. That is really not a huge problem you know, considering that you know the language well.
    All you need to do is to try and join a training institute that will train you to lose that MTI of yours. Even if it means going out of Allahabad for training, I would still think its worth it.

Also, when you watch films and British and American programmes, try and see and copy the accents that they use. A little training will go a long way, you know!

thanx for replying mam i forget to add 1 thing tht i went to few institute in pune itself for removal of my mti bt hey r asking for lots of money like 10000-15000 and right nw m nt able to afford tht much money so if u cn tell me any way to reduce my mti by practising in hme only thn i ll be very thankful of urs

Moderator Major General galaxy_resident's Avatar

If you can't afford that much, then search for a cheaper alternative like internet. Lots of material is available there. Read English newspapers, watch English movies and speak in English. Did you search other institutes? All of them can't be this costly........

Banned

practice makes man perfect.work hard.take course

SB Addict

Talking The Reader

Try reading articles in the same manner as you see in BBC news reports. BBC has the best accent in world to learn from. Note how they pronounce certain phones like 'r', 'o' 'sion' etc. Try copying them. Think, not in your mother tongue, but in natural way, this will also eliminate the cultural influence.

I guess i was able to share with you how I worked it out.

All the best,
    Champak

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldyp View Post
    hi mam my name is rahul nd i m an regular reader of sb forum 1st of all i want to say the way u help people resolving their problem is incredible i also want to share my problm i belongs to allahabad nd m persuing ma graduation right nw from pune university nd staying in pune only my family financial condition is nt so good so i m working in a domestic bpo and spend all my expenses by my own bt the issue is tht i think my eng. is good enough nd i want to work in an international bpo bt whnever i goes in a interview they told me that u have an mti( mother tounge influence) problm and by saying ths they rejected me everytime i jus want to knw is thr any way by which i cn remove my mti problm bcs domestic bpo`s r nt paying much , nd its hard for me to survive in domestic bpo salary in pune and jus bcs of my mti problm m nt able to select in international 1 pls help me out tell me all the possible way to remove my mti problm

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldyp View Post
    hi mam my name is rahul nd i m an regular reader of sb forum 1st of all i want to say the way u help people resolving their problem is incredible i also want to share my problm i belongs to allahabad nd m persuing ma graduation right nw from pune university nd staying in pune only my family financial condition is nt so good so i m working in a domestic bpo and spend all my expenses by my own bt the issue is tht i think my eng. Is good enough nd i want to work in an international bpo bt whnever i goes in a interview they told me that u have an mti( mother tounge influence) problm and by saying ths they rejected me everytime i jus want to knw is thr any way by which i cn remove my mti problm bcs domestic bpo`s r nt paying much , nd its hard for me to survive in domestic bpo salary in pune and jus bcs of my mti problm m nt able to select in international 1 pls help me out tell me all the possible way to remove my mti problm

its good that you have been independent and confident......to gain confidence the more you update and learn things yourself things will get better............mother tongue influence is just a temporary problem and can be resolved....here are some few things u can do

1.whatever you wanna express or communicate wid ppl try to think in english than in your mother tongue ..........there may be errors initially but if u learn things in that approach i am sure you will get thru it soon
    2.try enrolling for some spoken english .........pune is a city of oppurtnities i am sure there will be some wonderful spoken english classes.
    3. Try preparing for ielts/toefl international level english examination ........though its preferably for ppl who r looking a career abroad...........it will prove to be a good exposure and u will be able judge your english based on the score tht u get in these examinations..........try doing this only after u gain confidence from 1 and 2 .
    Live ur lyf lyk U r the director of a movie.Can’t control 100% ,roll wid the punches as if U were calling the shots.

Smile

thanx guys