Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Team India [India - New Zealand Series Win 1-0]

Sa'aB™ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Default Congratulations Team India [India - New Zealand Series Win 1-0]

Congratulations Team India

India won by an inns and 198 runs

India crushed New Zealand by a huge margin of an innings and 198 runs to win the three-match series 1-0, on day four of the third and final Test at the Vidarbha Cricket Association stadium in Jamtha, Nagpur on Tuesday.

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one's gonna stop me now

Default Congratulations Team India

Ishant Sharma took the last two wickets to seal India's victory against New Zealand by an innings and 198 runs on the fourth day in Nagpu
    It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one's gonna stop me now

The Indians cruised towards victory as wickets fell quickly, India v New Zealand, 3rd Test, Nagpur, 4th day, November 23, 2010

Gautam Gambhir took a sharp catch to dismiss Gareth Hopkins, India v New Zealand, 3rd Test, Nagpur, 4th day, November 23, 2010

Pragyan Ojha trapped Brendon McCullum lbw, India v New Zealand, 3rd Test, Nagpur, 4th day, November 23, 2010

Pragyan Ojha began India's march towards victory, India v New Zealand, 3rd Test, Nagpur, 4th day, November 23, 2010

Pragyan Ojha celebrates Martin Guptill's wicket, India v New Zealand, 3rd Test, Nagpur, 4th day, November 23, 2010

●๋•нαя ∂нα∂кαη υѕкє ℓιソє● Field Marshal kaps58's Avatar

Hurraayy....Kudos ..!!! A Big Congo to the guys.....after two draws it was so gud winning the 3rd by such a gr8 margin....

God is Really Creative....I Mean... Just Luk @ Me ...!!!

A clear sign that there will be moisture in the Gabba pitch, Brisbane, November 23, 2010

Finally the correct script reached the actors. The groundsman was the first person to get the revised lines: the ball turned and bounced, kicked and spat angrily, not from day one but the third evening onwards. With a big lead in the bag, the Indian bowlers got into character without wasting time. They were all over the New Zealand batsmen, who were surrounded by all kinds of close-in fieldsmen. The arm balls arrived too to trap the unsure, who crumbled under pressure, as almost everybody thought they were supposed to right through the series. The umpires felt the heat too, which is expected with the ball dancing and a gang of fielders around the bat.

As the three spinners shared the wickets - Suresh Raina being the third - and Ishant cleared up the tail, the Test win that India had to wait for for longer than expected arrived remarkably quickly, half an hour after lunch on the fourth day. It was also India's third-biggest win.

Pragyan Ojha has spent most of his young career bowling on slow and low tracks, and has come across as restrictive and robotic. It might still be too early to call - given the buffer of runs and the assistance from the pitch - but Ojha showed today he can attack too. He started by outsmarting Brendon McCullum, who tried the old bullying tactic of hitting early boundaries and trying to get the fielders out of his face. Ojha kept pitching the ball up, flighting it, giving it the best chance to turn and bounce. McCullum played back, and Ojha did the thing to do on a turner, slip in the straighter one. Dead plumb.
    However, because the pitch was offering so much turn, the decision to give Martin Guptill lbw was ordinary. Being Ojha's regulation offbreak, it could either have pitched within the stumps or hit the stumps. As the replays showed, it was hitting the stumps all right, but after having pitched outside leg.

Harbhajan, who set the template of mixing in the straighter ones yesterday, came to get nightwatchman Gareth Hopkins with a flighted, dipping offbreak. Gautam Gambhir, who showed signs of return to form with the bat during this match, made the lunging bat-pad catch to his right, two balls after he was hit a by a full-blooded sweep from Ross Taylor.
    Taylor, who was troubled by the outswing from Sreesanth in the morning, decided there was no point in hanging around and waiting for the one that jumps at him and takes the edge. So he started moving across and throwing his bat around, along the way surviving one plumb lbw when he missed a sweep right in front of the stumps. As it turned out, he didn't have to wait for the one that jumps and takes the edge: he was given caught bat-pad off the pad.

Taylor was so bemused he laughed all the way back to the pavilion, and Guptill, Jesse Ryder's runner, was so stunned he found it tough to close his gaping mouth. Ryder was the only batsman who looked at ease against the turning ball, but he got out trying to dominate the part-time spin of Raina, the second time he has fallen to the bowler.
    Raina was not done yet. In his second over, he bowled the straighter one too, trapping Daniel Vettori in front, the third time he has taken the New Zealand captain.
    Tim Southee swung the bat a little bit, hitting three sixes, but he only delayed the inevitable. This game will also be remembered for Chris Martin's first duck against India in six Tests.

With the breaking of New Zealand's resistance complete, India have not lost any of their last nine series.

However, given the big difference in the two teams' rankings, the 1-0 result earned India a one-rating-point penalty in the ICC Test rankings.

Post-match presentation:

Rahul Dravid is the Man of the Match: "It was a good series, had to work hard for runs. To get the sort of result we did today was sweet. The bowlers set up the match for us. I think it was the best wicket we got in the series, there was bounce when the ball was new, and turn later as we saw today."

Harbhajan Singh is the Man of the Series: "It's been a satisfying series with the bat, but could have got more wickets. I'm very happy we won the series. This is what is called an Indian, there is something in it for the bowlers on the fourth and fifth day, and batsman can score is they play well. I think I bowled well, would have been happy with 15-16 wickets in the series, Ojha bowled well, Raina chipped in with wickets. South Africa is going to be very challenging, we have to play much better than we did in this series to win, if we play to our potential and our capabilities, we can definitely win in South Africa."

Daniel Vettori: "It was a really good challenge, this is the sort of wicket you expect to play on at least once in India, it was a first for some of us, and hopefully we can do better the next time it happens. We're more comfortable as a one-day unit, though we were beaten in our previous series."

MS Dhoni: "I think the way the fast bowlers bowled on the first day was remarkable, there wasn't much in the wicket for them then but they still got the wickets, and they were backed up by the spinners. Plenty of positives, the way Rahul is playing, Sehwag's form, the bowlers have shown they can take wickets even on flat tracks, one area of improvement is the fielding, we need to increase our intensity in the field."

Quote Originally Posted by kaps58 View Post
    Hurraayy....Kudos ..!!! A Big Congo to the guys.....after two draws it was so gud winning the 3rd by such a gr8 margin....

ha bhai sach me India ko yeh match jeetna hi tha nahi to draw beizzati hoti....

India Aise hi nahi No.1 Test Team Hai!
    ( surma bhopali accent)

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

To the question of your life you are the answer, and to the problems of your life you are the solution. -Joe Cordare

well done India......well done bhajji(harbhajan singh) and jammy (rahul dravid)
    Wenever you miss sumone dont close your eyes to get der image into your head . . Jus pick da damn phone and cal dem . . .

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

great work boys

Make My Day