Thread: Is marrying my second cousin going to have child birth defects?

Unregistered

Smile Is marrying my second cousin going to have child birth defects?

Hi Preeto Maam,

I am 29 yrs guy. In love with my second cousin. Meaning our grandfathers are brothers. So our fathers are first cousins n we r second cousins.

I only wanted to knw maam tht once we get married and hv a child will the child have any birth defects? I knw its not reaaly gud for first cousins. But, in my case is it of any concern for second cousins like me and my fiancee being second cousin? Plz let me knw maam. Thanks.

SB Champion Captain

Well dude .. The chances r v v less.. If not nil..
    Even in the case of first cousins- scientifically spkn.. The chance is one in thirty two.. Ie if there is an abnormality in ta family...

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by ItsmeSal View Post
    Well dude .. The chances r v v less.. If not nil..
    Even in the case of first cousins- scientifically spkn.. The chance is one in thirty two.. Ie if there is an abnormality in ta family...

SB King Field Marshal

although my parents are cousins.. and i have some problems...but i dont believe in all this child defect shit.
    if God Almighty wants to give any disease to your child, He may give it even if you dont marry ur cousin, and if He doesnt want to give any disease to your child, He wont give it even if you marry your cousin.

dont take tension..
    chill...and best of luck for ur marriage

Banned

agree with above member. defect can be in stanger marriage also. if u love her then u have to marry her

There is no surety that there will be birth defects... THere is only a higher chances for genetical disorders being transfered to children of close relationship marriges. THis does not mean all children of such marriges are going to have genetical disorders.

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ ⌆ Major Lisbonstar28's Avatar

This mostly has to do with you and your conscience . It's really your call. You alone will have to do battle with it. What i will say though is, if there is even the slightest of a a risk, why take it ? Surely the health and the well being of your future child should supercede all your current state of emotions ?!? If you knowingly take that risk and later something happens... well, you stand guilty of deliberately ruining a human life !!! Could you really live with your conscience after that ? Could you look your abnormal child in the eye and say to yourself, "well it was worth taking the risk" If so, then go ahead . There is non more selfish than you.
    Do what thou wilt and ye harm none

● Positive & Inspired ● Major Singh_king's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Preeto Maam,

I am 29 yrs guy. In love with my second cousin. Meaning our grandfathers are brothers. So our fathers are first cousins n we r second cousins.

I only wanted to knw maam tht once we get married and hv a child will the child have any birth defects? I knw its not reaaly gud for first cousins. But, in my case is it of any concern for second cousins like me and my fiancee being second cousin? Plz let me knw maam. Thanks.
    Forgive me for being straight forward here....First I should tell you that the probability of a child born with genetical defects is much higher and that doesnt mean people who marry otherwise dont have any similar issue.....but yeah its much higher if you marry within your clan....!!!!

Now the main issue even animals avoid that....once on their own the brothers and sisters go different ways and never in their life time have sex with each other....We are humans with more developed brains....Just give it a little thought....Love you will soon find another one and perhaps be more happier...Unless you can leave the past behind of course....
    ● A Man is but the product of his thoughts, what he thinks he becomes ●

- WilDChilD - Major General najis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ! K ! View Post
    although my parents are cousins.. and i have some problems...but i dont believe in all this child defect shit.
    if God Almighty wants to give any disease to your child, He may give it even if you dont marry ur cousin, and if He doesnt want to give any disease to your child, He wont give it even if you marry your cousin.

dont take tension..
    chill...and best of luck for ur marriage
    If u marry ur relative risk is there na! So we must be ware of it.
    Behind Every Successful Man There's A Women. That's Because Women Never Run After Men Who Don't Succeed!