Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bollywood`s hottest newcomers

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

Default Bollywood`s hottest newcomers

If you are a star kid, half your struggle is over. At least that what we think. However, matching up to people expectations is a tough battle. And sometimes star kids will definitely love to change places with other newcomers - without sugar daddies - who have only to prove that they are good at their craft.

We bring you a bunch of young stars - from within Bollywood and without - who stormed the industry this year and also await releases in 2011.

Sonakshi Sinha

Need we say anything about the Dabangg girl? We had to refer to her as Shatrugan Sinha's daughter only for a few weeks. Now Sonakshi has made such an impact with the stupendous success of her debut film, Dabangg, that Bollywood is her oyster. Her performance in the movie as a docile and upfront rural girl has also garnered rave reviews. And with talks on for Dabangg 2, she's definitely here to stay.

Luv Sinha

Before he could inhale his first breath of Bollywood, his debut film Sadiyaan got tagged a flop. Though Luv Sinha, Shatrugan Sinha's son, initially made positive waves with his much awaited performance, he couldn't deliver.
    For now, Luv is basking in his sister Sonakshi's glory. We will keep you posted on his next move!

Ranveer Singh

This Bandra boy has been around, knocking on Bollywood doors, for three years. Now his patience and hard work has paid off. His debut, Band Baaja Baaraat, is getting him rave reviews.

And it's also being reported that Shaad Ali has replaced Shahid Kapoor with Ranveer in his next film!

Meiyang Chang

This actor left his dentistry practice in Bangalore and came to Mumbai to audition for Indian Idol. Then he stayed back to host the popular music reality show. 'Coming to Mumbai isn't a big deal, but entering Bollywood is,' said the 27-year-old. And he did so, almost accidently, when director Parmeet Sethi called him to play the character of Zing in Badmaash Company.

And now the Bollywood bug has bitten him, Chang is determined to make a name for himself in the industry.

Aahana Kumra

If Bollywood was luck-by-chance for Chang, for newcomer Aahana Kumra, 24, this is what she's always wanted to do.

Aahana, who'll make her debut in the Naseeruddin Shah starrer The Hunt, is an alumnus of Whistling Woods Academy in Mumbai and has worked with the casting director of My Name is Khan.

She also assisted director Anurag Kashyap on a short series of a television serial for Sony Entertainment Television.

'Working with Naseer sir was like a dream come true, after being taught by him at Whistling Woods for two years. I was called for auditions for the movie when director Anup Kurian was casting and that's how I made it,' says Lucknow-based Aahana, who has also acted in short films for the Film and Television Institute of India.

Amrita Puri

Like Aahana and Akash, Amrita Puri has dreams of making it big in Bollywood. For this 26-year-old, it is a 'fantastic feeling' to finally enter the industry in the Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol-starrer Aisha.

After completing her graduation and post-graduation, Puri tried her luck in Bollywood by auditioning for movies. 'I kept trying my luck at auditions and heard of Aisha through a message on Facebook,' she said. 'I am very lucky to have bagged a role in such a big film. After all, there are so many talented actors who are trying to make their way in Bollywood.'

Lisa Haydon

Aisha also saw another newcomer Lisa Haydon, 23. The Australian beauty played Sonam Kapoor's love-rival in the film, and romanced both Abhay Deol and Arunoday Singh. And now dusky beauty has big dreams - she wants to work with Hrithik Roshan. Why? Because she loves how he dances.

Rajat Barmecha and Aayan Boradia

Others joining the Bollywood brigade include Rajat Barmecha and Aayan Boradia, both of whom star in Vikram Motwane's directorial debut Udaan - India's entry to Cannes this year. Their effortless acting skills, and the brilliant way they depicted their angst, has us wanting more. Much more!

Akash Dhar

Another alumnus of Whistling Woods, Akash Dhar, 27, will take his first steps in Bollywood in director Abhinay Deo's Game.

'I want to make a career in cinema,' says Mumbai-based actor Dhar who has modelled in ads for brands like Vodafone, Bajaj, Max Life Insurance and Toyota Innova.

He has also acted in a couple of television serials, including Meher on Doordarshan.

Cast of Peepli Live
    And speaking of films doing the rounds of the international film festivals, Aamir Khan Productions Peepli Live directed by debutant Anushka Rizvi, stars a clutch of theatre actors from the late Habib Tanvir's Naya Theatre troupe. These actors were a revelation, making us wish we sourced more newcomers from the theatre.
    Last edited by arumita; 17-12-2010 at 01:16 PM.

♥ UaE PrInCe$$ ♥ Field Marshal alia abdulla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arumita View Post

Sonakshi Sinha

Need we say anything about the Dabangg girl? We had to refer to her as Shatrugan Sinha's daughter only for a few weeks. Now Sonakshi has made such an impact with the stupendous success of her debut film, Dabangg, that Bollywood is her oyster. Her performance in the movie as a docile and upfront rural girl has also garnered rave reviews. And with talks on for Dabangg 2, she's definitely here to stay.
    i love her... tfs,,,
    My Favorite place ? ... In his arms

Trisha Krishnan

Tamil actor Trisha Krishnan is not essentially a newcomer, but her Bollywood debut with director Priyadarshan's comedy Khatta Meetha makes her one. And though her film tanked, she's planning to stick around.

Narmaada Ahuja

And finally, there is Narmaada Ahuja - Bollywood's funny man Govinda's daughter. She is making all the right moves before she follows father's footsteps.

Not only is she walking the red carpet at big events, the London Film Institute graduate also walked the ramp recently. Now we just need to see if she's an instant hit or a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by alia abdulla View Post
    i love her... tfs,,,
    she is beautiful ..............thx for replyin

New Born

Default Neha Sharma Definately

She is the star of the year......