Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DiSCuSS:HoW Do you think InDiAN TeaM prepared for world cup?

♡♥£☋¢Ǩ¥ ★☆★ ☾ћi¢Ҝ¥♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

Question DiSCuSS:HoW Do you think InDiAN TeaM prepared for world cup?

Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

WHosE the Best??

whose worst??

what r right strategies??

whcih r wrong ones??

TELL US UR OPINION ???

whose ur fav?? whose not???

How do u think InDiaN team is prepared for world cup??? or not??

what more should they do??

UR VIEWS???

Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Lets have peaceful conversation...

&

NO NONSENS plz!!!

lets DISCUSS interestingly!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Banned Captain

they r nt gonna win it...
    Indian pitches r flat as a blatter n Indian bowlers lack d extra ordinary skills to succeed on flat decks...Malingas...Jerome taylors...Brett Lees n Dale Steyns are reqd to control death overs in subcontinent...& India just lacks it!!!
    Even Bollinger n Sohail Tanvir r better than Indians at death...minus Zaheer India lacks absolutely everythin'...
    Munaf lacks block hole lengths...Nehra n parveen pace...n Sreesanth lacks everythin' includin' a mind!
    Indian Battin' will still win them most matches upto semifinals...Rainas n Dhonis suddenly become a force when playin' at home (ball is not bouncin' above their chests)...but in knockout stages...one battin' failure n Indian bowlers will succumb to da pressures of a low score!!!

i personally feel Robin Uthappa n R P Singh must hv been included in da squad...some players have an impact factor n Robbie is one such guy...he can win u a match at death n him n pathan wud hv been a nice combo in da middle!!

the only thing India needs to do rite now is keep da injuries away n dnt over stress themselves wid expectations...dey r da best team in subcontinent conditions...take one game at a time n leave everythin' upon da situations as they come!!!
    Last edited by ENIGMA_BOY; 24-01-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by sens View Post

great thread....it will take time.....

||||--MAN OF STEEL--|||| Colonel BADINDIAN's Avatar
    Next to that thing...near that thing right after that thing....

Why I think India has a great Chance:

1. Home Crowd:
    India has a tradition of not doing well in CW n Asian Games. But this year, we surprised everyone by placing 2nd in the medal tayy. Thanks to the home crowd....they are the best.

2. Sub-Continental Pitch
    They say that SC Pitches are dead pitches. It is one of the hardest surfaces to play on. India are the masters of the surface. The pitches will also be set to give a slight edge to the home team.

3. Players:
    With the right mix of expirience and youth, the Indian team is probably the most well balanced. From the experienced Sachin Tendulkar to the very young Virat Kohli (who led our U19 team to world cup glory), Indian cricket is a formidable side. BTW, Where is Robin Uthappa?!?!

4. Captaincy:
    The decision to set an attacking field,when SA were cruising at 70 and India were defending a mere 190, was one of the many brilliant moves by MS Dhoni that gave us a thrilling victory by 1 run. He is in poor form, but admit it, he is one of the best captains in world cricket.

5. Momentum:
    Last year, we proved that defeating the Indian team in India is a mission impossible. With the recent run of successes in all forms of the game, the cricketers will be going into the world cup with a very high morale and lot's of confidence. Let's home they don't get over-confident and lose to Bangladesh, AGAIN!! (1st match India Vs Bangladesh)
    I Don't Exactly Hate you!
    However, if you were on fire, and I had water,
    I'd drink it!

Quote Originally Posted by ENIGMA_BOY View Post
    Indian pitches r flat as a blatter n Indian bowlers lack d extra ordinary skills to succeed on flat decks...Malingas...Jerome taylors...Brett Lees n Dale Steyns are reqd to control death overs in subcontinent...& India just lacks it!!!
    Even Bollinger n Sohail Tanvir r better than Indians at death...minus Zaheer India lacks absolutely everythin'...
    Munaf lacks block hole lengths...Nehra n parveen pace...n Sreesanth lacks everythin' includin' a mind!
    Indian Battin' will still win them most matches upto semifinals...Rainas n Dhonis suddenly become a force when playin' at home (ball is not bouncin' above their chests)...but in knockout stages...one battin' failure n Indian bowlers will succumb to da pressures of a low score!!!

i personally feel Robin Uthappa n R P Singh must hv been included in da squad...some players have an impact factor n Robbie is one such guy...he can win u a match at death n him n pathan wud hv been a nice combo in da middle!!

the only thing India needs to do rite now is keep da injuries away n dnt over stress themselves wid expectations...dey r da best team in subcontinent conditions...take one game at a time n leave everythin' upon da situations as they come!!!
    oooo yeah!!! u viewed very practically hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by rajpaldular View Post
    great thread....it will take time.....

Quote Originally Posted by BADINDIAN View Post
    Why I think India has a great Chance:

1. Home Crowd:
    India has a tradition of not doing well in CW n Asian Games. But this year, we surprised everyone by placing 2nd in the medal tayy. Thanks to the home crowd....they are the best.

2. Sub-Continental Pitch
    They say that SC Pitches are dead pitches. It is one of the hardest surfaces to play on. India are the masters of the surface. The pitches will also be set to give a slight edge to the home team.

3. Players:
    With the right mix of expirience and youth, the Indian team is probably the most well balanced. From the experienced Sachin Tendulkar to the very young Virat Kohli (who led our U19 team to world cup glory), Indian cricket is a formidable side. BTW, Where is Robin Uthappa?!?!

4. Captaincy:
    The decision to set an attacking field,when SA were cruising at 70 and India were defending a mere 190, was one of the many brilliant moves by MS Dhoni that gave us a thrilling victory by 1 run. He is in poor form, but admit it, he is one of the best captains in world cricket.

5. Momentum:
    Last year, we proved that defeating the Indian team in India is a mission impossible. With the recent run of successes in all forms of the game, the cricketers will be going into the world cup with a very high morale and lot's of confidence. Let's home they don't get over-confident and lose to Bangladesh, AGAIN!! (1st match India Vs Bangladesh)
    wow soo welll explained

सत्यमेव जयते Field Marshal Baadsah's Avatar

actually m not interested.

cause in Indian cricket only money game is there and which player has better influence and approch gets in, that's it.

On selected team, I am surprised on some players, Piyush Chawala and some players slected, but I have not seen them since long time in so many series, well let's hope that our team should perform with consistency.

Ouer week points are mainly genuine pacer and good all rounder and feilding dept, are so poor, in that Austrailia, S.A, and Newzealand are so strong.

batting side,only can rely Virat Kohali, Raina, Ghambir.....that's all.

Sehwag is like lottery, if it gets open, we gets bonanza otherwise fuss, Tendulkar he is greatest on his own place, Yuvi, don't rely cause lack of confidence and getting day by day unfit, dhoni just play game radio anchor type, he is best at his own capacity which he has limited sources.

Bowling side, no consistency at all, some time they perform like world class bowler and some time like street bowler.

In summary, as hearing, fixing goes on huge level and they back, India can win this world cup, they cannot with their capability, if we look S.A. and Australia are still great and after England.

It's my personnel view and thinking anybody can differ from this.

But still hope that India should win the W.C.2011.

Best of Luck to Indian Team.
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

Banned Major

Quote Originally Posted by ENIGMA_BOY View Post

now we have a team of 15 so i believe lets support them instead of still speculating the missing links and better options

Sreesanth is not there so lets not discuss

Bhajji supported by Ashwin , Yuvi and raina forms the most formidable slow bowling attack any team has

Sachin and shewag opening -the dream opening pair
    with gauti , kohli, yuvi , raina and dhoni to follow - the best in worl

so i have no doubts india will win this time for all of us

so lets support the team and boys

Banned Major

Quote Originally Posted by Baadsah View Post
    actually m not interested.

cause in Indian cricket only money game is there and which player has better influence and approch gets in, that's it.

On selected team, I am surprised on some players, Piyush Chawala and some players slected, but I have not seen them since long time in so many series, well let's hope that our team should perform with consistency.

Ouer week points are mainly genuine pacer and good all rounder and feilding dept, are so poor, in that Austrailia, S.A, and Newzealand are so strong.

batting side,only can rely Virat Kohali, Raina, Ghambir.....that's all.

Sehwag is like lottery, if it gets open, we gets bonanza otherwise fuss, Tendulkar he is greatest on his own place, Yuvi, don't rely cause lack of confidence and getting day by day unfit, dhoni just play game radio anchor type, he is best at his own capacity which he has limited sources.

Bowling side, no consistency at all, some time they perform like world class bowler and some time like street bowler.

In summary, as hearing, fixing goes on huge level and they back, India can win this world cup, they cannot with their capability, if we look S.A. and Australia are still great and after England.

It's my personnel view and thinking anybody can differ from this.

But still hope that India should win the W.C.2011.

Best of Luck to Indian Team.

a cynical , pessimistic and jealous statement and observation

where money comes in indian cricket selection

do u know the background of Munaf, Dhoni , Raina, Pathan, Nehra, Praveen kumar or any one except yuvi who comes from a rich family , but the amount of talent he is , i dont think he requires any approach

so i doubt for who you are blaming the money and approach ?

dont worry about piyush chawal as he is in fifteen as a back up , not in playing eleven and he is there as he is leg spinner which still most of aussies and english and african still not been able to play

who others surprised you ?

We have good pace attack with zhaeer elading , nehra , praveen and munaf are also lethal on our pitches and also experienced enough
    Yuvi , raina are two good allrounders with blasting Pathan who can turn any match at any point of time
    Raina , kohli , pathan , yuvi are few of the finest fielders

so i dont understand who are you blaming and saying weak ?
    india is still no 1 rank team with these guys only

Regarding fixing - its Pak team's virtue so no comments

and still after reading all the above lines you are doubting the capabilities of indians and their capacity to win - all i can say is get well soon as India will triuph this world cup and dont forget "haari baazi ko jitna hume aata hai "

सत्यमेव जयते Field Marshal Baadsah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesocialdoctor View Post
    a cynical , pessimistic and jealous statement and observation

where money comes in indian cricket selection

do u know the background of Munaf, Dhoni , Raina, Pathan, Nehra, Praveen kumar or any one except yuvi who comes from a rich family , but the amount of talent he is , i dont think he requires any approach

so i doubt for who you are blaming the money and approach ?

dont worry about piyush chawal as he is in fifteen as a back up , not in playing eleven and he is there as he is leg spinner which still most of aussies and english and african still not been able to play

who others surprised you ?

We have good pace attack with zhaeer elading , nehra , praveen and munaf are also lethal on our pitches and also experienced enough
    Yuvi , raina are two good allrounders with blasting Pathan who can turn any match at any point of time
    Raina , kohli , pathan , yuvi are few of the finest fielders

so i dont understand who are you blaming and saying weak ?
    india is still no 1 rank team with these guys only

Regarding fixing - its Pak team's virtue so no comments

and still after reading all the above lines you are doubting the capabilities of indians and their capacity to win - all i can say is get well soon as India will triuph this world cup and dont forget "haari baazi ko jitna hume aata hai "
    dear o dear, in india even small child knows cricket.

And money matter, god of the cricket accepted recently that it is there.

and since hansy cronje (S.A.former and passed away captain) this thing is going on in this system.

I am not blaming any one, what I had, I did write and I wrote same time that it's my perssonel opinion and thinking anyone can differ from this.

I pointed only one point, that is working all the time.

and in the rest of what recently going on performence wise , i did write.

don't take anything initative or my words as authenticated, those can be wrong.

You are asking what I know about these player, dear I know lot of about cricket and I remeber when your thread was there about S.A. v/s India test match, then i did voted DRAW and that time I remeber no body has voted to DRAW and agreed but result came that and after I thanked u for that thread.

Let's hope and pray that India should win the W.C., I also heartly want that cup should come to us.

and thanks for your valuable reply.

If any word or line again provoke u, I will be extremly sorry, but what I had to say about this thread and topic, I have written.

thank u dear.

Virender Sehwag - I remeber this explosive batsman and Ashish Kapoor came against Austrailia series and Sehwag survived to Indian team and now hope that he should play anchor role in this W.C.

Gautam Ghambir - Left hander from delhi, no doubt came on his own guts and strong batting line. I am hoping that he will play best role cause he is dedicating this W.C. to mastero Sachin.

Sachin Tendulkar - As I know (might be wrong) brought by Sunil Gavskar and today he is Kohinoor of W.C., definately in words nothing can be described.

Suresh Raina - Superb batsman and fielder and well dedicated player ( I am not gonna to write their backgroung etc.)

M.S.Dhoni - I must say Tendulkar made him, he was explosive batsman and as a wicket keeper he is average. He was from very poor family and came on his own guts and game and today no doubt most sucessful Captain.

Yuraj Singh - Son of famous cricket Yograj Singh, he is from rich family that's why he came,no, if it is like that then there are Sunil Gavskar's son and so many cricketer's son are there, Yuvi came on his game.

Harbhajan Singh - This tubronator, no doubt world class bowler and going to play key factor in this world cup.

Y.K.Pathan - He will be X factor for India in this world cup. will miss Irfaan Pahtan surely ( what was his fault still didn't Know ?)

Munaf Patel - Came from so poor family, there were not even latern, he is selected and not Sreesanth, if we select player on just two or threee game basis then Patel is ok.

Ashwin - I prefer Ojah over him, I remeber his temprament in test match against Aus, in that he stand with Laxman and we won that match in India recently and I think in World cup , player's experience and temprament will play also main role.

Zaheer Khan - He is one of the best, without him I think our pacer doesn't gets any guide line, if he gets rythem, surely he will explode.

Ashish Nehra - Delhi let hander pacer, I remeber only one match again England in W.C. that he has shown match winning attack, otherwise he is average.

Piyush chavala, i am not worried about him, but I don't remember he got enough play, other then him if Ashwin and Ojha would have been selected, was going much better,now dhoni is saynig that he can bat also, I have not seen that he plays like irfan pathan or harbhajan in l ower order, I don't have any with him but as we are discussing then I pointed that's it.

Praveen Kumar - very good bowler but not so consistent and he came as an all rounder but most of the time he is failed in batting even he has capacity to hit long shots, of course he came also from poor family and on own game.

Player are coming from rich family, not necessary, if it is like that then, sunil gavskar, kapil dev, mohinder amarnath, viv richard's son , they m ight have come.

team selected is good,not bad, best of luck to India.

And I wrote about money, that is about match fixing and all this, not related to players.

I am also an Indian and despretely want that India should win the World Cup.

cheers and ready to celebrate our W.C. win
    Last edited by Baadsah; 26-01-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

Wow so many expert comments....no doubt we understand cricket very well...we know our team ...who has come from where....but please do not forget whom are we facing....lets have a brief look at the other teams..

Pakistan: even without their three top cricketers they are a formidable side...their side always balanced, bowlers are without injury, much more swing and pace than ours....and batsmen are natural stroke players. I dont think Nehra, Munaf or Piyush can contain them if Zaheer and Bhajji bowl their spell well enuf. They are good player of spin themselves.

Australia: I dont know how you guys have written them off?? Its a side which has threatning pace attack and will not think twice to use their bouncers aiming for the throat. India has never been able to find a solution to bouncers in thier entire history. Shane watson, hussey, Ponting, Clarke, White, Fergusson....pace of Johnson, Tait, Lee....much above Nehra and Munaf !!!

England : has somebody seen the recent Ashes series?? Broad is a different bowler with height 6'6" and a pace of 145k's regularly (so forget Yuvi's six sixes) . He extracts bounce and pace from dead tracks and always well supported by Anderson and co. Strauss, Cook, Peiterson, Bell, Prior, Trott.......pls dont compare them to (hopelessly out of form) Yuvi, and other palyers of middle order. Dhoni scored only 90 runs in entire series of SA by the way.

SA: Indian bowlers still scratching their head to find answers to Hashim Amla and Jaques Kallis and as comparred to their bowlers Dale Steyn and co. our bowlers look quite timid.

Much has been said about Yusuf Pathan, he is a good talented player, but never consistent, and cant take pressure. He fires and misfires on regularly, so dont term him as match winner. India really need to put their thoughts together in case they want to win this tournament. Our good wishes with them !!!

New Born

yes i think India is fully prepared for the Cricket World Cup 2011 as they shown their performance against the South Africa . And i hope they will do well in the World Cup Cricket and including of Sachin Tendulkar in the indian Cricket Team is a good decision although he is injured but his previous performance is very good so i think he will perform well in the world cup Matches
    Last edited by amitsush; 02-02-2011 at 03:11 PM.