Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to start paying guest business

unregistered

Default Want to start paying guest business

hey all.... this is kanwal.... have been going through the forums for quite a long time now...but never registered,...dont know why.. but came here as did not find any other place to put up my query...

i have two flats having total area of 2000 sq ft which are lying vacant in delhi ( semi furnished)... was thinking of setting up a paying guest business but dont have any clue watsover on how to begin... can anybody in the forum tell me all the steps or dirct me where should i beginm...help would be appreciated....God bless...

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!

Well, the best thing would be if you could contact some institutes that have people coming in from out of town and ask for permission to put up notices on their notice boards. Of course that would depend n what profile you are looking at. If its univ students or doctors or people from any other sectors, you would put up your notices in the relevant places.

Also, you could advertise your space in the newspapers.

You need to decide what are the services you will provide to the pgs- will food be inclusive? Who will clean/ laundry...all of this has to be factored in before you offer your space for rental.

It would also be sensible to have someone (maybe yourself or you'll have to employ someone) to oversee the paying guests.

In delhi u can easily get ur vacant place filled. Put an ad on the local classifieds, with in days u will get it filled

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    hey all.... this is kanwal.... have been going through the forums for quite a long time now...but never registered,...dont know why.. but came here as did not find any other place to put up my query...

i have two flats having total area of 2000 sq ft which are lying vacant in delhi ( semi furnished)... was thinking of setting up a paying guest business but dont have any clue watsover on how to begin... can anybody in the forum tell me all the steps or dirct me where should i beginm...help would be appreciated....God bless...
    Put it up on general discussion....MODs are u listening.....
    And kanwal, no offence but havent u heard of sulekha.com or magicbricks.com......
    seriously man, get outta here.....

Put it up in Ad mags and free classifieds in clickin etc. Secondly you must have people arranged for the following chores-
    1. Cleaning the house
    2. Cooking
    3. Care taker if people come in at night and to manage discipline.
    4. Once a month cleaning of the entire house.
    5. Decide on rules on what purpose the proprty would be used.

students would be a good target. So do ur advertising near colleges where students from other places are concnetrated, or near where some private companies are working etc etc. So that u can get those employees

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post

if u want to sell ur flat/s, let me know.

people should know that u are looking for it. also u must have a good reputation. Cos first things those are interested to be in paying ugests is that they will enquire about you to the neighbours

Moderator Major General galaxy_resident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Hi!

Well, the best thing would be if you could contact some institutes that have people coming in from out of town and ask for permission to put up notices on their notice boards. Of course that would depend n what profile you are looking at. If its univ students or doctors or people from any other sectors, you would put up your notices in the relevant places.

Also, you could advertise your space in the newspapers.

You need to decide what are the services you will provide to the pgs- will food be inclusive? Who will clean/ laundry...all of this has to be factored in before you offer your space for rental.

It would also be sensible to have someone (maybe yourself or you'll have to employ someone) to oversee the paying guests.
    Also decide the limit of the paying guests who will be staying.
    The problem with internet quotes is that you can't trust their authenticity.
    - Abraham Lincoln

There are few things which u must take care though. If u are living alone, be very careful about ur selection of paying guest. U are going to give this person a lot of reach into ur home, and thats very dangerous if this person is not trustworthy. So enquire as much about him as possible.

Good choice.. now all u have to do is let people know about accomodation.
    As a frist step use word of mouth to spread it.. tell everyone u know, especially ur friends, relatives and colleagues that there is place to rent

being a paying guests is something which others will also prefer, cos it has higher sense of safety than staying otherwise. So u will easily get people. Just make some ads.. try newspapers, or local tv chans

befoer u take them in, make sure u verify their identiy, u can ask for passport or pan card and make a copy of it and keepit with u.. if something goes worng, this wil come handy for cops

It wnt be safe in a place like Delhi.. most of people are outsiders.. adn u have no idea who they are or for what they have come for..It can be bad especially whe nwe consider the increasing crime rate of delhi

Obtain complete information including the telephone and postal contacts of guests.
    Ask for two or more references with complete contact details.
    Try to contact on the land phone at an odd time and ask for the details to verify.
    Ask for a token advance to ensure that the seeker is genuine.
    Try to educate the prospective guest about your conditions and preferences in advance so that there is no misunderstanding later.
    Try to report to local police/tourist assistance cell about the arrival of a paying guest and adhere to all legal requirement of your land to be safe in all respect in admitting a person in your premises.
    Collect and keep a photograph, copies of passport or any such documents and try to get a hand written and signed application from the guest on arrival.