Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I respect Burka... But I respect the personal opnion of everybody.....

Exclamation I respect Burka... But I respect the personal opnion of everybody.....

Islam

Oneness of God
    Profession of Faith

Banned Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix bird View Post
    Islam

Oneness of God
    Profession of Faith

I am Muslim and I support u phoneix

For 'thesocialdoc' I have no idea why you are against Burka. . .

This is for you. . .

The Advantages of Burkas

Wearing a burka can command more seriousness, respect and authority. My friend’s wife always wears one when attending important meetings, such as parents’ evenings or when meeting her landlord. In their culture, wearing a burka in a meeting will gain better results and more respect, than donning normal western dress. I guess similar to the way male city workers all have to wear suit and ties, even though ties have been show to hinder blood flow to the brain.

Historically, the burka style of dress originated in desert tribes, where it functioned as a sand mask. Also, the style of dress was worn by both men and women, making them hard to tell apart. This was useful during tribal raids, as it made it harder for raiders to take women of child bearing age. While raids are not really a part of modern life, wearing a mask is useful in many situations. Many people dislike the smell of the London Underground, so a burka could help mask the smell from their delicate nostrils. In a similar way, a burka could help mask the smell of unhygienic fellow passengers.

Non muslims can wear burkas to experience a different culture. A white Finnish reporter decided to done a full black abaya dress complete with veil, in order to experience a day in the life of a burka wearer. She received a lot more respect from Muslims, with many strangers greeting her in the street. It also helped her to feel more at peace, and the cosmetologists and hair stylists who usually harassed her with sales pitches ignored her.

Burka’s are very easy to don, and are often worn as an alternative to the headscarf (hijab). Therefore, Muslim ladies will sometimes wear them when they are in a rush.

Burka wearers in warmer climates can drive cars with the windows down. Some even wear them while driving convertibles.

There is no need to worry about bad hair days, and Burka wearers can therefore go out when it’s windy without worrying about getting hair in their face.

Insects, dirt, leaves, sand etc… do not get blown into the wearers’ hair. This is of obvious benefit to those living in windy hot places. And of even greater benefit to fathers who do not wish to spend too much time washing their children.

Young girls can run around in them and still look smart, without needing to adjust their hair bands every five minutes. This is also an advantage for parents, who do not wish their unruly children to bring disrepute upon the family through their messiness. I remember that as a child my mother used to say that I represented the Patel family when I left the house, and that if I looked untidy then it would reflect badly upon her as a mother.
    Last edited by phoenix bird; 11-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.

||||--MAN OF STEEL--|||| Colonel BADINDIAN's Avatar
    Next to that thing...near that thing right after that thing....

Quote Originally Posted by cheeku17 View Post
    let the game begins

who's gonna tear whose flesh today???
    I Don't Exactly Hate you!
    However, if you were on fire, and I had water,
    I'd drink it!

Banned Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by cheeku17 View Post
    let the game begins
    its not a game and nothing is funny here cheeku jii
    and please mods do not close this thread as well
    we want justice here and please if people do not have
    something to say you just stay out !

Islam

Oneness of God
    Profession of Faith

Quote Originally Posted by BADINDIAN View Post

who's gonna tear whose flesh today???

Voilence and flesh ripping is reserved for you, 'Bad' Indian. . . I am gonna be in peaceful way. . .

Default Now to my point.

Freedom of thought

(also called the freedom of conscience or ideas) is the freedom of an individual to hold or consider a fact, viewpoint, or thought, independent of others' viewpoints.

Banned Colonel

Smile

For 'thesocialdoc' I have no idea why you are against Burka. . .

This is for you. . .

The Advantages of Burkas
    Wearing a burka can command more seriousness, respect and authority. My friend’s wife always wears one when attending important meetings, such as parents’ evenings or when meeting her landlord. In their culture, wearing a burka in a meeting will gain better results and more respect, than donning normal western dress. I guess similar to the way male city workers all have to wear suit and ties, even though ties have been show to hinder blood flow to the brain.
    I have full respect for you bhai , go ahead i support you 1000000000000000000000000000000000000%

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation, or both. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".

The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression."

Banned Colonel

Historically, the burka style of dress originated in desert tribes, where it functioned as a sand mask. Also, the style of dress was worn by both men and women, making them hard to tell apart. This was useful during tribal raids, as it made it harder for raiders to take women of child bearing age. While raids are not really a part of modern life, wearing a mask is useful in many situations. Many people dislike the smell of the London Underground, so a burka could help mask the smell from their delicate nostrils. In a similar way, a burka could help mask the smell of unhygienic fellow passengers.

Non muslims can wear burkas to experience a different culture. A white Finnish reporter decided to done a full black abaya dress complete with veil, in order to experience a day in the life of a burka wearer. She received a lot more respect from Muslims, with many strangers greeting her in the street. It also helped her to feel more at peace, and the cosmetologists and hair stylists who usually harassed her with sales pitches ignored her.

Burka’s are very easy to don, and are often worn as an alternative to the headscarf (hijab). Therefore, Muslim ladies will sometimes wear them when they are in a rush.

Burka wearers in warmer climates can drive cars with the windows down. Some even wear them while driving convertibles.

There is no need to worry about bad hair days, and Burka wearers can therefore go out when it’s windy without worrying about getting hair in their face.

Insects, dirt, leaves, sand etc… do not get blown into the wearers’ hair. This is of obvious benefit to those living in windy hot places. And of even greater benefit to fathers who do not wish to spend too much time washing their children.

Young girls can run around in them and still look smart, without needing to adjust their hair bands every five minutes. This is also an advantage for parents, who do not wish their unruly children to bring disrepute upon the family through their messiness. I remember that as a child my mother used to say that I represented the Patel family when I left the house, and that if I looked untidy then it would reflect badly upon her as a mother.
    hats off for you bhai Allah bless you am with you , thank you for being yourself !

||||--MAN OF STEEL--|||| Colonel BADINDIAN's Avatar
    Next to that thing...near that thing right after that thing....

Voilence and flesh ripping is reserved for you, 'Bad' Indian. . . I am gonna be in peaceful way. . .
    that's the best compliment i got 2day

try my best to piss people off when they are dead serious

@topic: Let women wear what they wanna wear...!!! It's their choice!!! If u do wanna discuss their attire...then, innerwear is a far more interesting topic

I neither endorse nor object the Burqa...! and about the doc n lisbonstar...yes it was their opinion...but in a free forum...it's not only about expressing your own opinion but to be sensitive about others'. If the tagline hurt other members...they should have considered...but banning them was still pretty harsh!!!
    I Don't Exactly Hate you!
    However, if you were on fire, and I had water,
    I'd drink it!

Always Alive @ SBF! Brigadier General cheeku17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avdhesh View Post
    Let me put my two cents. I know some of you will agree with me and some of you will disagree, but its absolutely fine as we will continue to have diverse opinions.

Our community is like a house where a lot of people live. Suppose half of them are vegeterian and half of them are non-vegeterian. Which is fine, they can have their own preferences and there is nothing wrong in that. Non vegeterians cook fish in the kitchen which is also being used by the vegeterians. The vegeterians request their non-veg counterparts not to cook non-veg in the kitchen, what should they do now?

A. They should eat what they believe in.
    B. They should be sensitive to the other's feelings keeping the harmony of the house intact.

If they choose option B and make some kind of arrangement where the whole of the community lives happily and they can also eat at times without disturbing others, the house will stay. If they choose option A by ignoring requests, the house is going into some kind of trouble. To save the house what should elders of the house do?

Guys, we are not here to spread hatred. There are specialized people in our society who are doing the job immaculately. We are here to enrich each other with our knowledge and spread fun. If request of the mods is turned down in the name of freedom of expression, I do not think that we will get along well for long time. Only if we are sensitive to each other's feelings, we will be able to meet the objective of the community.

So let us re access why we are here and what we are doing to help our cause. Motive of me or my team is to serve you better with a friendlier environment so that the tensions of everyday lives are relieved. There is no fun in banning any one of you individuals and we take great pain when any of you family member departs.

Our efforts need to be reciprocated by users and our requests should be given due respect. Only then we can continue together like a happy family.

Talking of ban, I am ready to lift it provided I am assured that the sensitivity of the community and its harmony will be protected and the feeling will be mutually shared. There is only one way of gaining respect and that is to give it to others first.
    this statement by the ADMIN himself has closed the chapter then why you are digging the grave again and again and again , the Decision of the ADMIN is last and final in this case. so please stop this.
    have some pity on us the poor members of this forum to have some fun, its a humble request.
    My Stupidity is so Advanced that People think i am Sarcastic

Banned Colonel

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation, or both. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".

The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression."
    there is one Arabic proverb says , talk does not stick , if you took it seriously it will hurt you so take it lightly and remove it off you and you will be just fine!