Thread: help regarding career...

Young Gun

Default help regarding career...

Dear friends...
    I am a Computer Science Engineering Graduate 2009 passout.... Wasted almost 2 years preparing for MBA admissions but all in vain.... was into business 4 a while but it does not suits me... Now I m really confused... Will I get hired from a good company if I try for a job now or will ask what did u do all these days...

Friends, now I feel that I am into grave position as I terribly wished to have an MBA after my UG but all my efforts went in vain....

Freinds, to widen the scope of getting hired... can I move towards SAP...

I absolutely have no idea about SAP...

Friends, pls help me on this,

1. Which institution offers the best SAP courses in Chennai or Bangalore.

2. Pls give a rough idea about modules in SAP, browsed net and got a fair idea that ABAP suits me somewhat...

3. Expenses incurred for each module...

4. will doing a single module in SAP would suffice the probability of getting hired or do I have to do many modules...

Pls help friends... Im terribly depressed abt my career.... pls guide me on this account... thanx in advance

ya SAP will be very good choice for you and it has got a high job opportunity
    THe course fee can be anywhere from 30k to 3 lakh, depending on the institute where u take it.
    CHoose a centre which offers placement or some kind of exposure atleast

mba and SAP both are good choices..
    U can try both of them together too.. Dont worry about time u lost. These two courses can change ur life once u complete atleast one of them.
    If MBA is not easy for you, then try SAP

If u prepared 2 years for MBA, then u must complete it. OTherwise those 2 years will go waste...
    u must be knowing a lot about it by now. So next time when u appear for exam all that knowledg will come handly
    You can try SAP, but dont give up MBA, dont waste those 2 years

SB Champion Lieutenant prashant4u's Avatar

system application product..(SAP)..i hope u have idea about what SAP is actually...it cost on hours duration course..if u want to make in that..then u can talk in the institution to which u r going to take admission..and part of ur job.. u can still try it for job..u can get it..or if u still wish to do MBA..then u can do by distance learning education...

SIEMENS are a good option in SAP training

the modules usually comprises of
    MDM MASTER DATA MANAGMENT
    PROJECT SYSTEM
    BW / BI 7.0 TRAINING SAP FI/CO
    HR
    ABAP
    BASIS & SECURITY
    SD / CRM
    MM / PP
    HR
    ABAP-HR
    PI/XI

siemens is the best, but the problem is their course fee reaches 3 lakhs

if u go for smaller companies u can do it for below 50000

the choice has to be urs

Reliance also gives this. Another group is gennovate

for low budget u can try Navo or raffler
    Last edited by tusshargau; 17-03-2011 at 11:15 AM.

go for reliance or siemens
    Because u already wastee enough time.
    Looking for saving some money may result in this course also going to failure. So do it in the best institute and try to secuer a job through them

New Born

Having gone through your case, it makes me wonder two things. Why on earth did you think of doing an MBA in the first place after doing 4yrs computer engg? You should have landed up with a plum software job from your campus itself or if not from your campus, you could have tried independantly on your own. I am myself a computer engg passed out in 2001 and I can tell you during my time out of 117 students from my branch, there were just 2 of us who wanted to take up MBA as a career option. We were made outcasts for all practical purposes and peers even told us why did we do computer engg when we were to change tracks and go for an MBA? Unless you are sailing in the same boat as we were and are not very well inclined technically, which was the case with both of us and hence MBA was a compulsion and not a choice.

See, you need to analyse your ownself very well. What is IT that you want to do in life and what shape your career is going to take? Here it seems you are going by the method of elimination, computer engg did not work out, so lets go for MBA, that did not work out, lets look at SAP, whats the guarantee that you will clear SAP? SAP itself if taken from proper institutes is a full time tough course and placement assurance comes only when you clear the exams in the first attempt otherwise even that goes up in smoke. I am telling this from my personal experience of a acquaitance who quit my company, joined SAP full time at Genovate and did not clear the exam in the first attempt. He had to sit at home for 14 months before he landed up a somewhat ok kinda job in finance totally unrelated to his mech engg background and SAP training thereafter, simply because he had no choice sitting idle for more than year!

So you first need to look inward and then decide after giving this a very serious thought. Yes, its obvious any organisation will definitely ask, what you have been doing for 2yrs after graduation, that is one unpleasant question you have to face. Do you really want to be in the software industry or does your heart lie elsewhere? If you are jumping into software just because it is high paying and passes of well in social circles, please understand that a average or below average performer will be one of the most miserable persons around in software. They pay big so they demand equally talented, hardworking, intelligent and go getters, it is not everybody's cup of tea.

In my opinion, you should take up some job, even if it is less prestigious and the pay is much less than what you like and work with your head down for 1.5-2yrs. AFter that see youself, your pay scale and then decide what would be the best course of action for you. If you want to pursue further education, upgrade yourself with some short term course or otherwise, the time to take the call is then.

Hope this helps.

I wont consider ur time spent as a loss
    Its just two years, and its not yet late
    Go for that MBA, and complete it first, then u can select any other course and go for it.. may be it SAP or something else..
    prepare one more time, go to a good coaching centre and try it again

apart from the above firms, the ones below also offer sap training
    Texas Techologies, IIHT bangalore, sapphire, cranium, Zupiter
    etc.