Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parents forcing to join family business

Its a good opportunity.
    Infact they have reduced ur job. Everything is ready there waiting for you to be taken.. You can try to improve ur family business, and u can use ur creative powers there also.
    This will act as a good foundation for your other interests too

First of all there is not much to panic right away itself
    You have only passed 12th and still very young. I dont think ur parents will force uto get into fbusiness right away, u need some experience for it. Surely they dont want their business to be in loss. So in short, you will get atleast 5-7 years more before you are into game. During that time u will get a clearer vision about what to do with ur life and future. Once u reach that age, u will be certain about your options and the best choices. ENjoy life for the tiem being avoiding such worries

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel imperium's Avatar

Default Some-what same problem.... my figured solution...

Hey reydon...

dude just read this post carefully please.....

my grandfather also started a bussiness approx. 51 years ago.... he (and father and uncle from 20-25 years )worked like hell and now we are very well-off.... and highly reputated in our bussiness and family community...

Last year I was asked whether I would join the bussiness or Not.. ? I asked them what if i say no they said.then they will have to close it in 15-20 years or so..... i didn't answered them . ...

one day I was roaming in the city and my bike ran out of petrol with no money with me i got terrified (coz i was 10-12 kms from my home ) i called my grand father and asked him if he could send someone with money he told me to go to some shop and wait. I went to the shop the shop owner gave me 200 ruppees and said ," aap ke dadaji ka phone aaya tha . yeh ligiye 200 aur petrol barwa ligiye" I was shocked b'coz i saw that man first time ever in my life....

finally i realised that the name that my grandfather and my papa & chacha had made would all be lost if i would not join them and continue it ....

So mr. reydon think well before choosing any thing... I would say try to find a decent college in your city only and study computer science with it join the bussiness gradually.... (means slowly understand learn fast) also try be spend some more time with your nana and your father....

BEST OF LUCK ...

New Born

Business is good, but u shouldnt drop ur study inthe middle. So continue it also..
    may be u can complete computer scicne and then take an MBA. That will help ur family business too when u go into it by giving you with some business insights

Young Gun

prepare for engineering entrance exams. Manage to get good rank to convince your parents. Btw computer science is not the latest fad. There will be huge competition in placements/jobs etc ...you need to have a plan to become a next whizkid ...else you will end up as just a engineer who have to work late and without job security.