Thread: Itís borderline!

Sa'aBô Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Default Itís borderline!

ITíS BORDERLINE!

A fight to the finish on the cricket pitch today

Action stations...

Da da da da da da da daÖ dhichkao!!

Forget about Sunny Deolís Tara Singh (in Gadar: Ek Prem Katha) mouthing anti-Pakistan dialogues in abundance.

Itís raining flowers across the border.
    Pakistan seems to be in an obliging mood with her government
    extending a hand longer than the long-on boundary in Mohali.

The recent pardoning of a certain Gopal Dass,
    languishing in Lahore Central Jail over the past 27 years, stands testimony to the fact.

And for that, his family can certainly thank Dhoniís men more than Zardari.

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one's gonna stop me now

Default Itís borderline!

Hand in glove

As the two captains prepare to choose between heads and tails after checking the dew factor on the ground, the two heads of state prepare to meet for a soft tete-a-tete thatís long overdue.

A six-hour battle on 22 yards waits to begin and two nations canít wait to see what comes after the presentation ceremony.

On a rare occasion, the ball seems to be jumping in both courts. And Billy Bowden restlessly awaits an opportunity to raise his tedhi ungli to signal a huge over-boundary.

Something that even the jawans on both sides of the thin red line could try catching.

So after 2pm this afternoon, when you see the confident faces of Afridi and Dhoni shaking clammy hands, do imagine a Gilani and a Singh doing the same in their minds in the VVIP box.

And as two ďfriendlyĒ neighbours prepare to shut down in a couple of hours from now, dialogues wait to reopen after a painfully long time.

After all, whatís a game of cricket if you canít read between the boundary lines and run between the wickets.

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, and no one's gonna stop me now

Cool thread DC

Best of Luck for both teams

Its very beneficial for both countries that India allowed Paki fans to cross over to watch the match, hope nothing goes wrong on the security scenario

Plus Nice Infographic

●๋•нαя ∂нα∂кαη υѕкє ℓιソє● Field Marshal kaps58's Avatar

Rocking...............
    God is Really Creative....I Mean... Just Luk @ Me ...!!!

Default Itís borderline!

Silly Point

ďWhy do sparks fly when we meet on the fieldĒ ó is a line that sounds more like folklore than a question.

If Dhoni, at the presentation ceremony after numbing the Kangaroos can say winning the final (if we do get there, that is) seems inconsequential (to fans) in comparison with silencing Pakistan, you could very well understand how much this game matters to him and perhaps continues to matter to all ex-captains of the country.

While constant comparisons between the cricketing brains of Afridi and Dhoni continue to don the front page of every single frontline newspaper in town, the two teams seem to be on the edge as they quite uncomfortably realise that itís only a matter of life and death for them.

In fact, just last Saturday a columnist had an opportunity of a lifetime to meet the 1992 World Cup winning captain of Pakistan, the flamboyant Imran Khan, at a city hotel.

Imran was jokingly suggested, what if we kidnapped him (Imran Khan) and then gave Afridi a call to tell him ó ďAgar tumne match nahin chhoda, toh hum Imran Khan ko jaan se maar denge (If you donít let the match go, we will kill Imran Khan)!Ē

To which Imran Khan quipped: ďAfridi ko apni jaan zyada pyaari hai! Woh marte dum tak match nahin chhodega (His own life is more precious to Afridi and so he will not let go of the match till his last breath)!Ē

Considering the mental state the two teams are currently in, I wonít be surprised if a pressure cooker brand approached some of the stars on both sides of the border.

Because every time they look up at the board on the field to check the score, they perhaps see something else instead. Something like ó ďhaar ke waapas aaye toh taange tod kar haath me pakadwa denge (Your legs will be broken and handed over if you lose this match)Ē. A sentiment too strong yet as true as the morning sun.

But then neither Captain Cool nor the Boom Boom man wear briefs over their track pants so neither is to be mistaken for Superman. Some 171 million on that side and 112 billion of us scanning the greens of Mohali is a threat bigger than the Jihadis can ever pose for a trillion generations to come.

And the men (in blue or green) who can withstand that today will find balls (old and new) of steel with completely new dimensions.

Now whether we can pack the Pakis off is a billion-dollar question and only time shall tell. As for the slogan of the billions with the Tricolour in hand, itís either Chak de India or just Rakh de India.

But then, why just cricket? Judging the current scenario, even an Indo-Pak Ludo game would draw a full house.

Zardari with Buladi in the stands perhaps.

After all ó ďYeh bimaari chhoone se nahin phailtee

So thatís about it.

Destiny fixed.

Hope the match isnít.

may the best team win........

Default Itís borderline!

ITíS BORDERLINE!

End of Thread

Post your replies & comments

Judging the current scenario, even an Indo-Pak Ludo game would draw a full house

सत्यमेव जयते Field Marshal Baadsah's Avatar

Lovely thread !
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel complete_man's Avatar

I have a dream..

lovely game .... and india won!~

hun chak de india

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

great thread bhaai

Make My Day

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Zardari with Buladi in the stands perhaps.

After all — “Yeh bimaari chhoone se nahin phailtee!”

So that’s about it.

Destiny fixed.

Hope the match isn’t.

nice share///