Thread: Discussion:Child acting is Child labor??

♡♥£☋¢Ǩ¥ ★☆★ ☾ћi¢Ҝ¥♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

Question Discussion:Child acting is Child labor??

Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Hi Dear Friends!!!!

here is a very depressing Topic...

we see soo many kids on tv.. in serials & in movies...

do u think they r forced into it by parents???

what do u think about child actors??

they r cute surely!!!

but r they getting their education??

normal child's life??

good frineds??

how do u think the stress of succes effects them???

Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Banned Colonel

The child actors whom u see now a days on either on tv or on the big screen are of a different genre, they no more are children, fame, money make them think just like other adult actors and nothing more than that. Yes they do lose a part of a normal childhood, but they compensate it with fame and money. Here parents of such children cant be blamed kyon ki sabse bada rupaiyya !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuntalk View Post
    The child actors whom u see now a days on either on tv or on the big screen are of a different genre, they no more are children, fame, money make them think just like other adult actors and nothing more than that. Yes they do lose a part of a normal childhood, but they compensate it with fame and money. Here parents of such children cant be blamed kyon ki sabse bada rupaiyya !!!
    nice & thoughtful... & wne child begins to dream of stardom 7 suoer star future..& grows up to be failure ..then??

DIVIDED WE FALL !! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

well if they are bad actors and still they are told to act then it is child labor

on a serious note....its child labor only when the money they get is used by the parents only....what i mean to say is that when parents throw their children to these things to make money.....thats cheap and also child labor.....otherwise kids who love acting.....love making money....love glamour,etc.etc.....are actually having a good time.......

and i think they are getting a great education....even better than norma kids...more money...better education...which in acting...is also very necessary....
    I'm in love with your body
    I'm in love with the Shape of You

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    well if they are bad actors and still they are told to act then it is child labor

on a serious note....its child labor only when the money they get is used by the parents only....what i mean to say is that when parents throw their children to these things to make money.....thats cheap and also child labor.....otherwise kids who love acting.....love making money....love glamour,etc.etc.....are actually having a good time.......

and i think they are getting a great education....even better than norma kids...more money...better education...which in acting...is also very necessary....
    nice new point of view.... but what about innocence?? long working hours???

& if kids were handed with all tht big money,dont u think they'd be spoilt???

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel

Yes i do believe it is Child Labour!
    This so called 'acting career' of theirs ruin their education and academic life.. The glamour they get is short-lived. Once they stop getting roles they are almost ruined coz their academics are already ruined.. How many of the child artists go on to become successful actors in future?

Moreover the glam-sham of the TV industry take away their innocence from them. They tend to grow up before their age..

Moderator Major General galaxy_resident's Avatar

Firstly an important and debatable topic started......so kudos for that! We really need discussion on this one!

Of course its child labor! And the avalanche of so-called reality shows in the recent years are responsible for that. They have to work for long hours to do it right, to make their act perfect. Parents also run after this fleeting fame and make their children work and destroy their childhood. The age at which they should be playing outdoors has been replaced by rehearsals and preparations. The worst part of this is that how long will the fame live? How many winners of reality shows featuring children do we know? If it continues like this, the day will not be long when we will hear the news of a child dead from exhaustion!
    The problem with internet quotes is that you can't trust their authenticity.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sens View Post
    nice new point of view.... but what about innocence?? long working hours???

& if kids were handed with all tht big money,dont u think they'd be spoilt???
    the thing is....when u start to love what u r doing...nothing else really matters...even when they r kids.....u tell a kid to play PS3 and Xbox...he'd play it all day......he'd play 25 hrs a day if he gets paid for it..wud u call it child labor ?......what is the use of innocence in this world anyway?....the faster they grow up...the better they can face the world in future......

kids who devote their life to education....study overnight.....whereas these are actors...they act overnight....and also get paid for it....i wish i got paid for studying when i was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by complete_man View Post
    Yes i do believe it is Child Labour!
    This so called 'acting career' of theirs ruin their education and academic life.. The glamour they get is short-lived. Once they stop getting roles they are almost ruined coz their academics are already ruined.. How many of the child artists go on to become successful actors in future?

Moreover the glam-sham of the TV industry take away their innocence from them. They tend to grow up before their age..

interesting

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_resident View Post
    Firstly an important and debatable topic started......so kudos for that! We really need discussion on this one!

Of course its child labor! And the avalanche of so-called reality shows in the recent years are responsible for that. They have to work for long hours to do it right, to make their act perfect. Parents also run after this fleeting fame and make their children work and destroy their childhood. The age at which they should be playing outdoors has been replaced by rehearsals and preparations. The worst part of this is that how long will the fame live? How many winners of reality shows featuring children do we know? If it continues like this, the day will not be long when we will hear the news of a child dead from exhaustion!
    yeah well said
    the thing is....when u start to love what u r doing...nothing else really matters...even when they r kids.....u tell a kid to play PS3 and Xbox...he'd play it all day......he'd play 25 hrs a day if he gets paid for it..wud u call it child labor ?......what is the use of innocence in this world anyway?....the faster they grow up...the better they can face the world in future......

kids who devote their life to education....study overnight.....whereas these are actors...they act overnight....and also get paid for it....i wish i got paid for studying when i was a kid
    yes adi in a way u r right... but still do u think missing the normal life of child is okay??

& wat abt the work pressure??

Quote Originally Posted by sens View Post
    interesting

yeah well said

yes adi in a way u r right... but still do u think missing the normal life of child is okay??

& wat abt the work pressure??
    if they like work pressure...if they can handle it....(kids are not that weak these days).....then they shud do what they want....and normal life is overrated

Last visit, met my niece who is 9yr old.....went to drop her to school and was surprised to see the weight of the school bag she was carrying....enormous !!!

I feel everything which puts unnecessary pressure on child, till he/she is grown up should be termed as child labour..... Pushing the child in competing with class is wrong too, instead, they should be guided properly. Parents have become way too demanding these days without understanding it blocks the mental growth.

On the other hand, acting and stage is a profession. It demands a huge amount of physical and mental labour which a small child is not capable of. I have heard grown up actors fainting on sets due to lack of sleep or too much long shifts. I am strictly against it....but personally I have seen.....its the interest of the parents more than the child in such cases.....they should be punished.

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Last visit, met my niece who is 9yr old.....went to drop her to school and was surprised to see the weight of the school bag she was carrying....enormous !!!

I feel everything which puts unnecessary pressure on child, till he/she is grown up should be termed as child labour..... Pushing the child in competing with class is wrong too, instead, they should be guided properly. Parents have become way too demanding these days without understanding it blocks the mental growth.

On the other hand, acting and stage is a profession. It demands a huge amount of physical and mental labour which a small child is not capable of. I have heard grown up actors fainting on sets due to lack of sleep or too much long shifts. I am strictly against it....but personally I have seen.....its the interest of the parents more than the child in such cases.....they should be punished.
    to both the points u hav put forth...

if they like work pressure...if they can handle it....(kids are not that weak these days).....then they shud do what they want....and normal life is overrated
    money isnt everything na adii??? in process of earning money if they miss basic education & child's play ground????

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post

hey actually even i pity the heavy bags...

yeah agree with u... even i feel parents push their kids..& their interest is money..

its like selling their kid for money