Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother's Day Special Contest! Nomination Starts Now!

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel

Default Mother's Day Special Contest! Nomination Starts Now!

Well we all love our moms.. even the most stone hearted person on this planet cries out "MAAAA" when in pain!

Share with me how you surprised your mumma on this very special day..

For The Contest You have to do something for your mumma.. eg - write a poetry or a song, plan a surprise, any special video, give her that pair of earrings she always wanted!! ANYTHING and ANYWAY in which you can make your mom feel out of this world..

Post the proof here...

Contest Lasts till 15th May, 2011; 11:59 pm
    No entries will be accepted after that..

You nominate, You decide!

Last edited by bushra0712; 14-05-2011 at 06:19 PM.

SB Legend Brigadier General marsflower's Avatar

Amma...I Dont want to say I love you..instead i just want to hug u and i must lye on ur lap..

i can feel it..on this mothers day..i dint wish u...but this mothers day is not a special day for me..each and single day with u is like a heaven amma..

the tears which i shed whn im lying on ur lap is equal to 1000 stars kissing me..

amma...my one and only wish...always i want to be with u till my last breath...

i luve u amma..amma..i need u by my side always..

mummy...here is ur fav song and im sure gonna show u this post to u today...

this is the gift im gonna giv to u on this mothers day..

can we buy moms love with money,never..even if many relatives comes to us..but none can support us like mother..

if ur are searchin for god in ur home..dont go to prayer room,instead see ur mom...
    she is goddess for all..

Last edited by marsflower; 11-05-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Shaam gulabi, sehar gulabi
    Pehar gulabi hai gulabi ye shehar

♡♥£☋¢Ǩ¥ ★☆★ ☾ћi¢Ҝ¥♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

awesome contest bushra...

my momma hated it wen we got nay gifts for her...

not for contest... just remmebered some fond memories... wanna share:..

i was say 7-8 yrs ol.d... it was mom's bday... bro & i got card & flowers & cake & show piece for mom.. & left it in kitchen on stove...

coz thats the place my mom used to go first thing in mroning..

now in exitement we woke up early.. & mom was sleeping.. so finally we cudnt hold .. we told mom we r hungry we want bf..

finally mom got up & wnet to kitchen & was very happy...

mommmmmmmmmmmm mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyy...sob sob sob...

Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

awww!!
    so sweet..

i am looking forward to your posts my "sistahs"!

i have also planned a surprise for my mom..

Quote Originally Posted by marsflower View Post

awsomeeeeeeee thread...reservd now..

will post it soon with proof

luv u maaaaaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by sens View Post
    awesome contest bushra...

my momma hated it wen we got nay gifts for her...

not for contest... just remmebered some fond memories... wanna share:..

i was say 7-8 yrs ol.d... it was mom's bday... bro & i got card & flowers & cake & show piece for mom.. & left it in kitchen on stove...

coz thats the place my mom used to go first thing in mroning..

now in exitement we woke up early.. & mom was sleeping.. so finally we cudnt hold .. we told mom we r hungry we want bf..

finally mom got up & wnet to kitchen & was very happy...

mommmmmmmmmmmm mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyy...sob sob sob...

Banned Colonel

awesome bushra

Quote Originally Posted by bushra0712 View Post
    awww!!
    so sweet..

i am looking forward to your posts my "sistahs"!

i have also planned a surprise for my mom..
    i dont have my mom dear... i wish i ahd done her lot more than i did...

i cant surprize her now... all i do is read... maghferathe waledain for her every night!!!!.....

i have only been a nasty daughter...
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Here are some tips for you..

Making Mother's Day Extra Special

Wake up in the morning and scream 'Mother's Liberation'! A million warm hugs later, loosen her apron strings and remind her of the fact that she is and will always be mother to a daughter who refuses to grow up. It's great to do something special for the woman who takes on all the work and stress everyday, just for me. That's why I have five thoughtful ways to help you make your mom's day!

Cook with her
    Cooking for your mom is a totally clichéd concept, but so what! Your cooking skills will never be flawless, but give it a shot! Peel, fry, cut, burn, crib, cry, laugh over the lunch affair. Bond with your mother in the kitchen, a place she adores! (And, kindly bear the I-told-you-to-learn-cooking rant that follows.)

Watch a movie
    You don't always need the boyfriend to bring into action the 'warm and comfy couch, a bowl of popcorn, a box of tissues, a couple of movies to cry over' plan! Ask your mother to join you on this special day. Rent DVDs and kickstart a mother-daughter movie marathon! Keep it sweet, keep it clean or choose movies that star her childhood celebrity crush!

Mother's day out
    If your mother is a kitchen-worm who deserves to be dragged out of the house, then go ahead; do so with authority! Push, drag or pull if you have to! Take her shopping and buy her a bright sari. Do not heed the 'I-am-too-old-for-this-colour' plea! Buy her a chocolate treat or balloons and take a stroll in the park you used to frequent as a kid. Direct her to a spa and allow her to unwind and relax. Dine at a restaurant of her choice.

Talk to her
    Talking to your mother does more good than anything else, trust us! If you have been too busy or cranky after a long day at work and haven't spent time talking or listening to her, well, this is the day! Just lounge around the house in her company; talk to her about little things that have been happening in your life or about people who bother you. She may not know them all, but she'll listen nevertheless, the amazing listeners that mothers are! And after that is done, it's your turn to play listener.

If she has to talk about the loud neighbor, the stingy colleague or the lady from the train, she needs nothing but you nodding away to her ranting! She'll seldom need 'advice', but if she does, shoot some in a subtle manner to avoid any arguments.

Be the mom
    We're calling for a role reversal! You be the mother and she, your pampered daughter! Wake up, prepare breakfast and serve it to her in bed! Clear the mess and collect the laundry. Arrange for lunch and do the dishes. Order her to sit back and catch up on her TV serials! Give her a head massage, braid her hair or read to her, play some old music and sing along. Or, you could call her best friends over for a little party, bake a cake and play the perfect host! Remember, treat her no less than a princess!

Let everyday be her day! You need not splurge on her to make her smile because she is a mother, the only woman who is the easiest to please!

Surprises For MoMs Who Work!

Your mother does all the household chores and is also the superwoman at her office. This leaves her tired and fatigued. Why not give your mom a break from her routine on Mother's Day? Sending cards and gifts is passe. Here are some fun surprises for a working mom.

Personalise her workstation:
    Grab a chance to sneak into your mom's office early morning and personalise her desk with family pictures and post-it cards with intimate messages from her close friends. You can leave a thermos full of tea or coffee, which she can occasionally sip on while she works. However, do take prior permission from her boss before you embark on this good deed.

Do home decor:
    Your mom loves a well-kept home. She works all day and can't translate her décor ideas into practice herself. Revamp your home for your mother while she works! She’ll be pleasantly surprised to enter a home that is wonderfully done up. You can decorate the living room with flowers or create a 'memory wall' with pictures of your mom right from her childhood till date.

Do a DIY:
    Did your mom stitch your very first dress or knit your very first sweater? On Mother's Day why don't you surprise her with a little something which she can flaunt at her office! You can either stitch her a handbag or knit a scarf. You can also let your creative juices flow and gift her a tie-and-dye dupatta or a handmade paper appointment book.

Exchange roles:
    It's always been your mom who takes you out on weekends. This weekend, take your mom to a spa or a holiday resort. If she loves outdoor activities take her bungee jumping or paragliding or treat her to some retail therapy.

Send her a lunch box:
    No, I don't mean delivering a Dominos pizza at her office. Pack some home-cooked food and send it to her right before lunch time. Better still, take on the role of a dabbawalla and deliver the lunch yourself!

Last edited by bushra0712; 07-05-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Thank you marwa
    Quote Originally Posted by MarHin View Post
    awesome bushra

i know aapi.. dont be sad.. i am sure you are an insanely awesome daughter as you are a terrific person!
    and a good person can never be a bad child..

i dont have my mom dear... i wish i ahd done her lot more than i did...

i cant surprize her now... all i do is read... maghferathe waledain for her every night!!!!.....

i have only been a nasty daughter...

Here are some tips for you..

Making Mother's Day Extra Special

Wake up in the morning and scream 'Mother's Liberation'! A million warm hugs later, loosen her apron strings and remind her of the fact that she is and will always be mother to a daughter who refuses to grow up. It's great to do something special for the woman who takes on all the work and stress everyday, just for me. That's why I have five thoughtful ways to help you make your mom's day!

Cook with her
    Cooking for your mom is a totally clichéd concept, but so what! Your cooking skills will never be flawless, but give it a shot! Peel, fry, cut, burn, crib, cry, laugh over the lunch affair. Bond with your mother in the kitchen, a place she adores! (And, kindly bear the I-told-you-to-learn-cooking rant that follows.)

Watch a movie
    You don't always need the boyfriend to bring into action the 'warm and comfy couch, a bowl of popcorn, a box of tissues, a couple of movies to cry over' plan! Ask your mother to join you on this special day. Rent DVDs and kickstart a mother-daughter movie marathon! Keep it sweet, keep it clean or choose movies that star her childhood celebrity crush!

Mother's day out
    If your mother is a kitchen-worm who deserves to be dragged out of the house, then go ahead; do so with authority! Push, drag or pull if you have to! Take her shopping and buy her a bright sari. Do not heed the 'I-am-too-old-for-this-colour' plea! Buy her a chocolate treat or balloons and take a stroll in the park you used to frequent as a kid. Direct her to a spa and allow her to unwind and relax. Dine at a restaurant of her choice.

Talk to her
    Talking to your mother does more good than anything else, trust us! If you have been too busy or cranky after a long day at work and haven't spent time talking or listening to her, well, this is the day! Just lounge around the house in her company; talk to her about little things that have been happening in your life or about people who bother you. She may not know them all, but she'll listen nevertheless, the amazing listeners that mothers are! And after that is done, it's your turn to play listener.

If she has to talk about the loud neighbor, the stingy colleague or the lady from the train, she needs nothing but you nodding away to her ranting! She'll seldom need 'advice', but if she does, shoot some in a subtle manner to avoid any arguments.

Be the mom
    We're calling for a role reversal! You be the mother and she, your pampered daughter! Wake up, prepare breakfast and serve it to her in bed! Clear the mess and collect the laundry. Arrange for lunch and do the dishes. Order her to sit back and catch up on her TV serials! Give her a head massage, braid her hair or read to her, play some old music and sing along. Or, you could call her best friends over for a little party, bake a cake and play the perfect host! Remember, treat her no less than a princess!

Let everyday be her day! You need not splurge on her to make her smile because she is a mother, the only woman who is the easiest to please!

i onliii used to go to theaters with mom....

i didnt do any of the above... wish i had

Thank you marwa

i know aapi.. dont be sad.. i am sure you are an insanely awesome daughter as you are a terrific person!
    and a good person can never be a bad child..

i was sooo nasty & cribby.... gosh!!!!

we all are like that aapi..
    it isnt just you.. we take mom for granted but in the end we love her..

you can post your fav moments spent with her.. i would love that..

i onliii used to go to theaters with mom....

i didnt do any of the above... wish i had
    i was sooo nasty & cribby.... gosh!!!!

Banned Captain

its been 2 months since i hv seen mom...
    my dad visits me almost every week but mom's workin' n its too hectic n exhaustin' for her to manage dat!
    besides i talk a lots when she's around n she fears it disturbs my studies too...not to mention i feel bad when she leaves back too!!!

anyways...yesterday i couriered her a kanchipuram saree (she's too fond of sarees...i remember she orders all ppl vacationin' to get her sarees from any place in india...she wears dem occasionally but is just crazy about sarees n jewellery!) (also b4 ppl ask...my gf accompanied me n she got it selected 4 me!)
    another package included a body shop kit n i booked her 2 tickets of 'dum maaro dum' sunday show (which'll be homedelivered 4 mom n dad 2moro mornin'!)
    an archie card accompanied da pack...it just said ' i always luv u maa!'

i think she's expectin' it n in my case surprise (rather shock) will be if i dnt send it to her some year!
    not gonna happen!

Banned Captain

for da proofs...i just hv a blue dart slip...2 of dem actually...any takers!!?

SB ICON Major General

nice thread Naina

will post soon

Greatest Ghonchu Lieutenant General crazy_fog's Avatar

Nice thred...........

Wait some time.....

Away from God, away from happiness.