Thread: Celebrity Rehab!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Celebrity Rehab!

Fame is tough and not everyone can cope with it. These celebrities paid a visit to a rehabilitation center - some more than once.

They tried to make her go to rehab – and she actually said 'yes, yes, yes.'Amy Winehouse, still best known in the U.S. for her anti-recovery single "Rehab," entered a treatment facility this week.

'Yes, Amy has embarked on a treatment program at the Priory Clinic,' her rep confirmed to the Daily News.

'She wants to be ready for performances in Europe this summer and decided to seek an assessment,' her publicist added. 'She will remain at the Priory on doctors' advice.'

Winehouse, 27, made the decision after her father, Mitch Winehouse, expressed concern, reported.

Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayee Ho
    Kismat Pe Naa Aaaye Yakeen....

Matthew Perry's heading back to rehab. The former 'Friends' star said in a statement that he's once again seeking treatment, his third stint since 1997.

'I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery,' he said. 'Please enjoy making fun of me on the World Wide Web.'

The 41-year-old has struggled with addiction to prescription pills and alcohol in the past, but hasn't suffered a relapse, sources told People.com. He was last in rehab in 2001, but this time the trip is a proactive measure to fight his addiction, TMZ.com reported.

Check out the slew of stars who have battled their demons in the Tinseltown spotlight ...

Richie Sambora may be ready to rock and roll into rehab. The Bon Jovi guitarist is planning to enter a facility for help with exhaustion and regain his sobriety, sources told RadarOnline.com.

'Richie recently has been drinking too much, and wants to get his life together,' the source said.

Sambora, 51, spent nearly all of 2010 touring with the band, which apparently left him too little time to focus on his own personal needs.

'I think this was a culmination of all the things that overloaded his life,' an insider told Radar, 'and finally he realized he needed to take care of himself.'

Seann William Scott has checked into a treatment center for 'health and personal issues,' his rep said on March 15. Though no information has been given on the specifics of the actor's condition, his publicist says he 'voluntarily admitted himself for proactive treatment to address health and personal issues.'

The 34-year-old actor is best known for playing womanizer Steve Stifler in the first three 'American Pie' films, as well as notable roles in 'Role Models' and 'Cop Out.' He also lent his voice to the animated 'Ice Age' movies.

Aaron Carter’s attempt to reinvigorate his music career has landed him in rehab.

Carter, who as far back as October was tweeting about 'working on my mind, music, and body for a new album release,' has entered a treatment facility, his rep confirmed.

'Several months ago Aaron came to me to help him return to music and to restart his career. He has been in Orlando working on a new album and perfecting his live show and his physical body,' his manager, Johnny Wright, told E! Online.

'Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with,' Wright continued.

According to E!, the 23-year-old went to a private treatment center in Southern California earlier in January, where he is getting help for 'addiction issues' at the urging of his family and friends.

Kim Richards is an alcoholic? Who knew!? The 46-year-old reality star of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' was checked into rehab by her family at the end of the show's shocking season finale on Jan. 20.

The painful decision was made after Kim and her sister, Kyle, got into a booze-fueled war of words at fellow castmate Taylor Armstrong's birthday party.

The shouting match turned ugly, with Kim calling Kyle a 'f--king phony' and Kyle accusing Kim of being 'delusional' and 'demented.'

A written banner then announced Kim was checked into rehab by her family, then checked herself out a week later, and that the sisters have not spoken to each other since the blowout.

Whitney Houston has checked herself back into rehab. The songstress, who has struggled with addiction for years, is undergoing treatment in an out-patient program for drug and alcohol treatment, her rep confirmed to The Associated Press. The 47-year-old is said to have voluntarily checked herself into treatment to support her 'long-standing' recovery process.

In 2004, Houston entered rehab for substance abuse. Before admitting her problems, she had dismissed rumors of her drug use in a now-infamous sit-down interview with Diane Sawyer.

'Crack is cheap. I make too much for me to ever smoke crack,' Houston said at the time. 'Let's get that straight, okay? I don't do crack. I don't do that. Crack is whack.'

Houston received treatment again in 2005 under the order of her mother Cissy Houston, who petitioned a Georgia court to order the singer to rehab.

Catherine Zeta-Jones, among the most regal of Hollywood's royalty, recently checked herself into a mental hospital, according to her rep. The actress was suffering from Bipolar II disorder - also known as manic depression - which her rep said was caused by the tension of watching her husband, Michael Douglas, fight cancer.

Bipolar II - as opposed to Bipolar I - is marked by greater periods of depression and often leads to suicide. Episodes can be triggered by major life changes.

'After dealing with the stress of the past year, Catherine made the decision to check in to a mental health facility for a brief stay,' her spokesman said in a statement. Zeta-Jones spent about five days in the facility, People magazine reported.

Now that she's out her rep says, 'She's feeling great and looking forward to starting work on her two upcoming films.'

Disgraced former Christian Dior designer John Galliano has issued an apology - not for his shocking anti-Semitic statements caught on camera in Paris - but for 'upsetting people.'

Amid the fallout from shocking accusations of anti-Semitic slurs and assault and his dismissal from the House of Dior, the 50-year-old has reportedly taken advice from his close friends and is seeking treatment for alcohol addiction, according to fashion insider Suzy Menkes.

There has been much speculation as to where he will be attending drug rehab, but no location has been confirmed.

A.J. McLean is back… in rehab, the Daily News has confirmed.

'For personal reasons, I've checked myself into a rehab clinic,' McLean said in a statement provided to the News. 'With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet, I want to be healthy and at my best.'

McLean, who has struggled with alcohol and cocaine addictions in the past, has spent the last few months jointly performing with the Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block.

According to a TMZ.com source, McLean's 'out of control' behavior is causing problems with the groups' upcoming tour. But it seems the singer, who recently turned 33, is making an effort to get clean once again.

'Its gonna be a great year! I love u all and wish me luck!' he tweeted on his birthday. 'I start my sober journey tomm!'

The homeless man with the golden voice is on his way to rehab after confessing to Dr. Phil that he's been drinking heavily throughout his newfound stardom. Ted Williams agreed to enter a treatment for drug and alcohol dependency during 'a lengthy on-on-one conversation' with Dr. Phil.

His 29-year-old daughter, Janey Williams, said her dad's been drinking 'at least a bottle of Grey Goose a night,' not including 'the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily,' she told 'Entertainment Tonight.'

Family members told Dr. Phil the recovering addict's sudden celebrity thrust him back into substance abuse, which led to a physical altercation with his daughter that landed them in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department.