Thread: Meet the New Age Bollywood Directors

The Lone Ranger Lieutenant General rishabhd's Avatar

Default Meet the New Age Bollywood Directors

They made debuts that most filmmakers can only dream of. Meet the directors with a new voice.Their films came like rainfall on a parched landscape. These are six new voices which rang out clearly in a shoal of mindless cinema. Vikramaditya Motwane, Maneesh Sharma, Abhishek Sharma, Kiran Rao, Abhishek Chaubey and Habib Faisal became the toast of the brand new cinematic order.
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!

Initiation: Kiran Rao started off as an assistant on Mira Nair's Monsoon Wedding in 2001 after which she assisted Ashutosh Gowariker on Lagaan and Swades and Mani Ratnam in Alai Payuthe (Saathiya in Hindi).
    Movie memories: "Dhobi Ghat was shot in the busy streets of Mohammed Ali Road in Mumbai during festivities and I was expecting chaos the moment Aamir (Khan) stepped out into the open. But remarkably, Aamir walked with the hundreds of common folk in the middle of a street and there was no commotion. It was unreal how everyone was oblivious to Aamir's superstar image."
    Favourite movie of 2010: "Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch any of my contemporaries' films. But after meeting them and discussing our films, I am dying to watch their movies.

♥ UaE PrInCe$$ ♥ Field Marshal alia abdulla's Avatar

nice share....
    My Favorite place ? ... In his arms

Initiation: Before Do Dooni Chaar, Habib Faisal had already written the screenplay and dialogue for two Yash Raj Films, Ta Ra Rum Pum and Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.
    Movie memories: "I was surprised to see the lead actor of my film don production duties on set. I was under the impression that working with a superstar like Rishi Kapoor would be difficult but he was the one who was patrolling the crowds and traffic on the sets. He was a dream to work with."
    Favourite movie of 2010: "How can I pin-point one film? All our films were special. They had a special grain, unique characters and all my contemporaries spoke a different cinema language. But I'd like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Tere Bin Laden.

Initiation: Abhishek Chaubey was assisting Vishal Bhardwaj since the latter's first feature film Makdee. He's worked on Maqbool, The Blue Umbrella and Omkara before making his own debut.
    Movie memories: "While I was making Ishqiya and even after it released, I got a lot of negative feedback on the climax of my film. Many suggested I should have gone with a tauter ending, but I wanted the end of my film to be quirky and witty. So, I stuck to my instinct."
    Favourite movie of 2010: "One of my favourite films from last year is Udaan simply because of the directorial control Vikramaditya exhibited in making the film. The scenes between the autocratic father and son were great viewing

Initiation: Abhishek Sharma was a studio executive at Adlabs Films and he looked into the legal formalities of films like Taxi No 9211, Waqt and Gangaajal.
    Movie memories: "Unlike most writers, I have a different method to writing. I like to write in the midst of chaos as it brings out the best in my writing. I think Tere Bin Laden's energy and ante were a result of the subject's complexity. Even for my next film, I am in search of a bustling coffee shop where I can't hear myself think, so I may sit there and finish my script."
    Favourite movie of 2010: "I liked all films from newcomers last year but Do Dooni Chaar in particular, a bit more. I personally like comedies the most and this film was just fantastic. It entertained and touched my heart with its simplicity and fabulous cas

Initiation: Vikramaditya Motwane was Sanjay Leela Bhansali's assistant on Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas. He then wrote the John Abraham-starrer Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal and Anurag Kashyap's Dev D.
    Movie memories: "Halfway during the making of Udaan, I was discussing possibilities of an alternate ending with my assistants. No one knew that I had rewritten the ending of the film. But when I discussed it with the assistant directors, they told me that my current climax was more suited to the subject."
    Favourite movie of 2010: "Tere Bin Laden was one of my favourite films of 2010. Abhishek (Sharma) added a particular tone which seemed crass but he made it so interesting. I thought that was brilliant.

Initiation: Maneesh Sharma assisted Kunal Kohli on Fanaa after which he took up associate director duties on Yash Raj films like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Aaja Nachle.
    Movie memories: "Band Baaja Baaraat is a time-relevant film. The youth of India, especially in urban areas, are largely self-dependent and career- minded. So having Bittu and Shruti play out the lives of young Indians was the key."
    Favourite movie of 2010: "I'm a big fan of Do Dooni Chaar, Ishqiya and Udaan. But if I have to pick one, I'd say Udaan because I'm a fan of the film. I loved, loved, loved it." Source: Filmfare. Image courtesy: Munna S

nice share...

Musaafir hoon main door ka..
    Deewana hoon main dhoop ka...
    Mujhe na bhaye.. na bhaye...na bhaye chaanv re...

....tfs....

NYC...KKK KK K KIRAN IS MY FAVRT

||HEROPANTI|| Lieutenant-Colonel coolpranav's Avatar

nice share.......
    HUSTLE,LOYALTY,RESPECT