View Poll Results: Who Do You See As The Female face Of Pakistan Politics in the Future!???

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hina Rabbani Khar

6 37.50%
  • Fatima Bhutto

3 18.75%
  • Sharmila Farooqi

3 18.75%
  • Shazia Marri

0 0%
  • Nadia Gabol

0 0%
  • Kashmala Tariq

4 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes,Pak has more bombs than us!

Ex - terminating the Ex.. Lieutenant-Colonel Colonel Hannibal Smith's Avatar

Wink Yes,Pak has more bombs than us!

Yes,Pak has more bombs than us!

Even as Islamabad and Delhi continue to stockpile deadly missiles,India was caught unawares by a lethal weapon sent by the neighbour.Sunday Times goes deep into unfriendly territory to find out theres more where Hina Rabbani came from.We are just so cooked

Shiv Visvanathan

Beauty like foreign policy is often skin deep.But when a country wishes to evade issues,or has run out of ideas,it merely has to send someone presentable from its elite.Such a move is good tactics but bad strategy.
    The presence of Hina Rabbani Khar in Delhi this week created twitters of excitement.It was as if her presence had nothing to do with foreign policy.The excitement was about her looks,her bag,her costume,and the contrast with the dourness of our Indian style is the subject of enormous gossip.In comparison,our foreign minister looks like a permanent sleepwalker.Yet the question one has to ask is,can style mean something significant
    Pakistan has a proud almost cocky roster of good looking women at the top.Kashmala Tariq of the National Assembly;Shazia Marri and Maroti Memon could create waves anywhere.But the waves they create are little eddies on Page 3.Not one of them can today formulate the problematic of Pakistan.If a fashion were only a storm in a teacup,then Pakistan has stirred the picture.But such events subside.Not that they are not enjoyable,not that they dont provide entertainment.This they do.What one misses is the content.The violence of Pakistan as a backdrop,the perpetual presence of terror makes a fashion parade of politicians an artifice,a strategy of a country that has run out of ideas.Give me an Imran Khan any day.He can spell out the cricket and the politics with zeal and yet talk of his passion for Pakistan.One wishes the beauty and style became a prelude to content.Otherwise Page 3 cannot affect Page 1.As a wag put it,a collection of beauties makes for a fancy dress parade.Models from Pakistan dont make for models of foreign policy.This we need desperately otherwise style becomes just a way of stonewalling big questions.Having said this,I think one must see the rising presence of women in Pakistan as
    a progressive move and
    a positive sign.But rather than pontificate on Pakistan and its glib PRO style,what one needs to ask is why is Indian foreign policy style so dull and listless.I am not asking for better looking ministers or foreign secretaries.I am hoping for a better looking foreign policy that communicates in terms of style and content.India does not have to create a clerically correct policy.Professionalism needs style and the combination of the two can add meaning to foreign policy.Our foreign minister could go McLuhanese and make his medium the message.Let us be clear,Pakistani politics at its cosmetic best at least offers gossip.India looks Victorian and prudish.One wishes it adds an aggressive ethics which can create a new symbolic style of foreign policy.Right now we are two countries bored with our conversations and jaded by the style of argument.Our foreign policy could do with a better style of presentation.Meanwhile,we remain content with the twitter of gossip and filmy talk masquerading as important political message.Shiv Visvanathan is a Ahmedabad-based social scientist

A QUIVER FULL OF ARROWS

Hina Rabbani Khar

She sashayed into Delhi and had the janta going gaga over her Birkin and Roberto Cavalli.Her dupatta-over-the-head look even had many calling her the next Lady Diana.Amidst the hysteria which a Twitter user compared to the arrival of a hot chick on a boys campus Khar made all the right noises about Indo-Pak relations.That she met Kashmiri separatists before her official engagements got buried in the hoo-haa over her pearls.Back home,too,she gets away not paying taxes,one of the many in the Gilani cabinet who do so.And though she complained about paparazzi stalking her here,the India visit has clearly boosted her stocks in Pakistan,where she was seen as just another glam doll with no political experience and a mismatched degree in hotel management

Fatima Bhutto

She is the thinking mans pin-up believed by many to be Pakistans answer to Arundhati Roy.The comparison seems a bit unfair though (Bhutto is far younger and much prettier).But the snub-nosed poet and writer from across the border does share something in common with Roy a rebellious streak and a devil-may-care attitude.For instance,she makes no bones about her contempt for her aunt,Benazir,whom she holds responsible for her father Murtazas death.Incidentally,she also hates Facebook with a vengeance.Clearly,a rebel without a pause.

Sharmila Farooqi

She can easily pass off as the starlet of an upcoming Ram Gopal Varma film.But this doe-eyed damsel is actually an upand-coming politician who has served as advisor to the chief minister of Sindh.Hailing from a powerful landed family her uncle Salman Farooqi is a key aide of President Zardari she was recently in the news when she allegedly slapped a man on a flight.A lethal lady indeed.

Shazia Marri

Married at 14,divorced at 16.Shazia Marri has had a turbulent life.But the gutsy lady whose parents were politicians has taken to politics like the proverbial fish to water.Not surprisingly,her focus is on feminist issues.As she puts it,I want to get power for myself in order to empower other women.

Nadia Gabol

She comes from a political family that has a strong association with the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) although her own affiliations lie with the MQM.This Manchesterborn politicista has already served as the minister for human rights in Sindh and is hoping to set her sights on bigger things.Will lady luck smile

Kashmala Tariq

A graduate of the London School of Economics,this 38-year-old lawyer is somewhat of an exception in Pakistans largely elitist ruling class.Coming from a middle class background,Tariq is a passionate proponent of womens rights and has often spoken out against the victimization of women in her country,earning her the ire of conservatives but also legions of Facebook fans who are clearly smitten by this beauty with a brain.

hahaha Indian Media......

I m gonna say......people in pak say no body cares for us but see all the world has eyes on us, see everyone how much cares for Pak.....

just alone see in sbf

keep it up guys for reminding us that how much we are cared of

SB Legend Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

this bomb looks harmless
    BE A VOICE - NOT AN ECHO

The Lone Ranger Lieutenant General rishabhd's Avatar

in bombs se marne ke liye to mein kabhi bhi tayar hun
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rishabhd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post

this bomb looks harmless
    Thank you bala

Quote Originally Posted by dashing dagger View Post
    hahaha Indian Media......
    I m gonna say......people in pak say no body cares for us but see all the world has eyes on us, see everyone how much cares for Pak.....

just alone see in sbf

keep it up guys for reminding us that how much we are cared of

look who's talkin'..u guys hv been watchin' our bollywood movies on pirated dvds before they get released here..
    ur women watch kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi & there is an outrage in ur country when star plus n indian channels r temporarily banned!

n u accuse us of over concentratin' n craetin' news scoops!?
    be graciously thankful for da free publicity buddy..atleast indians r gettin' to know pakistan does hv a place for women in politics..few months ago we thought just da retd army men n maulwis were allowed to participate in da election process!

Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post

this bomb looks harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by rishabhd View Post

so evil avatars does make one naughtily evil..like dat!
    when u r finished..tell dem i wud like to survive a bomb attack too!

Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    hee hee is ok..who'll comment n vote madame!??

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Hannibal Smith View Post
    look who's talkin'..u guys hv been watchin' our bollywood movies on pirated dvds before they get released here..
    ur women watch kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi & there is an outrage in ur country when star plus n indian channels r temporarily banned!

n u accuse us of over concentratin' n craetin' news scoops!?
    be graciously thankful for da free publicity buddy..atleast indians r gettin' to know pakistan does hv a place for women in politics..few months ago we thought just da retd army men n maulwis were allowed to participate in da election process!
    take all things in a lower note dude......wat i said was for my paki guys

u dunt have to be furious......

btw i stopped watching tv since 2008

and previously too women participated and women but u choose those who are pretty and get more air time

hee hee is ok..who'll comment n vote madame!??
    bomb hai ya fuse bomb woh boys hi batayenge.. i cant see thru cloths
    Thank you bala

take all things in a lower note dude......wat i said was for my paki guys

u dunt have to be furious......

btw i stopped watching tv since 2008

and previously too women participated and women but u choose those who are pretty and get more air time
    hmmnnn..no tv since 2008..damn!
    i need tips!

it was an article in today's times of india deep focus buddy..
    maybe da previous generation wasn't dat interested in cross border politics!

though the attention dat hina rabbani is gettin' has been da case in past too..whenever a boyish lookin' rajiv gandhi came onto da political scene or benazir started off..both countries applauded da appeal n smartness equally n commented for dayz!
    i wud love to see pakistani women gettin' a fair say in da politics dere..its hard time dey get recognition n step up to help da country achieve wat it's capable of!

Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    bomb hai ya fuse bomb woh boys hi batayenge.. i cant see thru cloths

hmmmmnnnn..atleast u can help dem advisin' which one can be a fused one..gals always know it!

Kashmala Tariq

A graduate of the London School of Economics,this 38-year-old lawyer is somewhat of an exception in Pakistans largely elitist ruling class.Coming from a middle class background,Tariq is a passionate proponent of womens rights and has often spoken out against the victimization of women in her country,earning her the ire of conservatives but also legions of Facebook fans who are clearly smitten by this beauty with a brain.
    she is mehtaab..other are fuss fuss bomb
    Thank you bala

hmmnnn..no tv since 2008..damn!
    i need tips!

it was an article in today's times of india deep focus buddy..
    maybe da previous generation wasn't dat interested in cross border politics!

though the attention dat hina rabbani is gettin' has been da case in past too..whenever a boyish lookin' rajiv gandhi came onto da political scene or benazir started off..both countries applauded da appeal n smartness equally n commented for dayz!
    i wud love to see pakistani women gettin' a fair say in da politics dere..its hard time dey get recognition n step up to help da country achieve wat it's capable of!
    i don't have tips for u
    but my story is different why i stopped totally watching tv.......i was not to serials and soaps.....just used to watch news