Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life is awfully unfair

Unregistered

Default Life is awfully unfair

i am 22 yrs old and pursuing my PG right now.. i belong to a middle class family in delhi, had a loving bf and real good friends.. i never felt jealous of my friends or anyone else in my life.. not even when we all were trying to get placed and i was the only one left without a job.. only after that i decided to go for PG and got a good ranking in a renowned college in South India..
    it was the first time when i really achieved something big in my life and i was so happy..
    But 3 month ago my younger brother passed away in an accident.. My family is facing a emotional crisis and it is a hard time for us..
    My parents were too emotionally weak to let me go to the other end of the country so i took admission in a so-so college in NCR..
    Now i feel real jealous of all people i know.. especially my friends.. they all are enjoying their life.. good job,happiness,success.. etc etc.. and here i am.. all messed up and devastated..
    I envy every other person who i believe is happy.. it makes me so upset that i even stopped using facebook.. because all people in my friend list post happy updates and smiling beautiful photos..
    my BF cares for me a lot and he says that i need to move on and look forward to life.. i know he is right but its not that easy.. i love my brother.. and now he is gone..
    I miss him so much.. m so lonely without.. my happiness is gone with him along with my dream of studying in a well renowned college of the country.. i hate my life..

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!'
    Im so sorry to hear about your terrible loss. I can imagine how hard it must be to lose your beloved brother. but, my dear, why hate life and your parents' decision? Ya, its an awful time in your life but you know, it will soon get over and you'll be posting your happy pictures on Fb also.

Please have patience with your life and with your parents. imagine how difficult it would be for them to be away from you at this moment. Just spend some time in getting at peace with yourself and with your situation, howsoever messed up it may seem. Give it time...many opportunities will nock at your door before you even know it!

New Born

Default Tough Time, but shall Pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am 22 yrs old and pursuing my PG right now.. i belong to a middle class family in delhi, had a loving bf and real good friends.. i never felt jealous of my friends or anyone else in my life.. not even when we all were trying to get placed and i was the only one left without a job.. only after that i decided to go for PG and got a good ranking in a renowned college in South India..
    it was the first time when i really achieved something big in my life and i was so happy..
    But 3 month ago my younger brother passed away in an accident.. My family is facing a emotional crisis and it is a hard time for us..
    My parents were too emotionally weak to let me go to the other end of the country so i took admission in a so-so college in NCR..
    Now i feel real jealous of all people i know.. especially my friends.. they all are enjoying their life.. good job,happiness,success.. etc etc.. and here i am.. all messed up and devastated..
    I envy every other person who i believe is happy.. it makes me so upset that i even stopped using facebook.. because all people in my friend list post happy updates and smiling beautiful photos..
    my BF cares for me a lot and he says that i need to move on and look forward to life.. i know he is right but its not that easy.. i love my brother.. and now he is gone..
    I miss him so much.. m so lonely without.. my happiness is gone with him along with my dream of studying in a well renowned college of the country.. i hate my life..
    Really sorry to hear about your brother's loss...I recently lost my close cousin and I know how terrible it feels. Feeling of depression, sadness, emptiness are very common and in your case the fact that your plans to study in a good college have also been affected, makes your situation a lot tougher.

However, you have to feel for your parents, they have just lost their young child and therefore it is quite obvious that they feel insecure with the thought of your going away from them. You all need each other's support at this stage and you being their only child now, it is important for you to stay close. You see, you might not be in the college of your choice but if you work hard and give it your best you can still have great opportunities in your career. So be positive and work hard...colleges alone do not determine our future, and your success depends entirely on your own caliber and hard work! So, stop worrying about your college and just work hard and get the results.

Now, coming to FB. You see, FB is FB and what you see their at most times is just a part of people's lives...which basically means that you see only what they want to show. So, If everyone's putting up Happy pictures, it just doesn't mean that their lives are without any problems...in fact it is far from that! We all...and that means ALL...have to face some problem or the other in our lives. Some have to deal with terrible things, while some have it slightly easier but there are problems nevertheless. So, please don't think that everyone else is happy and you are not. Of course, you are going through a tough phase but times change and things become better and then suddenly you are again happy and positive.

So...just let these times go, while you make yourself strong, have patience and be positive. Things will surely change, and soon you too will be posting happy pictures on FB and more than that you would be again feeling good about life and loving it.

✿♥ mesmerized♥✿ Lieutenant-Colonel imeggz_leoness's Avatar

I am really sorry for your loss.... i can understand what you have losted..
    well sweetheart you should now try to forget what ever happened and stop blaiming everyone. because it was your destiny.. you can't change your college but you can easily change your moond.. try to keep your parents happy now.. it's your responsibility... you have loving friend.. so just chill.... wait and you will get what you want!

Well, u have a good bf who cares about you.
    May be u should concentrate on that factor
    And spend more time with him, that may make u feel better

Banned Colonel

Hi there, I am so sorry for your loss , losing someone dear is so hard .
    Listen girl who said life is fair? life is so damn unfair!
    but we can't just give up like that nah?!
    sorry to say although you already know it but
    your brother is gone , your crying , grieving or negative thinking
    won't get him back , just think for while if your brother was still alive
    would he love to see you like this? Of course not.
    Please concentrate on the positive way , you are still young ,
    you have a boyfriend who loves you and good friends and I am
    quoting you now! Don't hate your life girl because as far as I can
    see its beautiful! Take care and God bless you.

SB Champion Lieutenant

Default So Sorry

I am extremely sorry to hear about your bother. I understand how it is because I had a family member who lost her brother and she was the same as your parents and it was hard for her to get over it. Well the thing is that all of you have to strong because life has to go on. Tell your parents that you can't stop living because your brother is gone. This is the test God puts us through and he wants us to pass it with strength and dignety. It is always the same once you come you have to return. God took his precious back because nothing lives forever right and he wants keep it safe in the other world forever. So part of life is to move on regardless of what happened and be strong. Your parents have you and you have them. Both of yous are strength for each other and both of yous have to prove that. I hope you understand what I am saying.

First remember,No one's life is fair.
    Don't succumb with negative side of your life, look at the positive ones.
    Think about the people who care about you and people who you care about.
    Be brave.Of course it is not so easy as said but you should try your best.

New Born

First of all!!! very sorry for your loss and i only know 1 thing, Bhagwaan sar dekh kar Sardari deta hai.

Very Sorry for ur loss...

But remember, life throws a lot of stuff at us, good stuff - bad stuff and all, everything happens for a reason which u might be able to see now but in the future when u realize the reason it happened for then u will have a closure for the event. So u don't have to stop living for something that has happened, God has planned everything before hand and we are just playing in his will.

U didn't complain when the life was fair or smooth then how can u complain when life isn't fair.

Cheer up, get the guts to bring ur family out from the tunnel of emotional crisis.

SB Addict

Hi Dear,
    Let me share my side of story, in lieu of what you shared. Every sentence represents a year so read it carefully:

when i was in 12th, i used to cycle 44 kms a day in scorching sun to get into IIT- that yr, i didn't get through.
    Next year, i studied for 14 hours a day and again couldn't make to IIT.
    next year, I studied for 21 hours a day and improved my weaknesses and I made it in.
    In my first year, I was aimless because IIT as an aim was completed- what was next?
    in my third year, I was failed by prof because he hated me- I was devastated and depressed.
    In my 4th year, I started studying computer science along with my btech subject and toiled for next 7 years.
    Today, I'm in Microsoft, in Bing, where I wanted to be, and now i'm gearing up for PhD in this very subject.

It's not for any applause that I'm sharing this. I want you to know what lesson I learnt from life: it's a bed of roses, and roses have thorns, it's me who has to make uses of both and give the best shot possible.

Stay Foolish. Stay Hungry.
    Chmpk, The Inglourious.

SB Champion Lieutenant

.just see how many frnds you got here.......every one so concern about you.
    ...it's just we should learn to take things in spirit...life mein ups and downs sabhi ke aate hai.....C'mon...Don't be jealous, don't blame anyone for what's happening with you.....waise bhi yeah frnd wrnds sab khene ki baatein hai... ture frnd wahi hai jo time pe tumahre sath kharda ho.....and I'm sure you'll sure come to realise this too.......stay happy...feel free to share your thoughts here. we all are listening....always.......

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Dear Friend,
    Life is not as simple as you are Suggesting it to be.

You are just 22 years old. I cannot believe that your Friends are "Successful" and "Happpy in their Job" because they are just Graduates. They "Cannot" be placed at a very high post in a very good company. For that you Require a Professional Degree or a Master's Degree. There will be a point where they would stop growing. The "CEO" of Big Companies are never Graduates. What I am trying to suggest here is that doing PG is The best thing that could have happened to you. Yeah, maybe they have a job now. But, 5 years down the line, you'd be much ahead of them, TRUST ME.

About doing PG from a So-So College in NCR. That's good enough my friend. There are people who DREAM to get admission in a college in Delhi but it's either too expensive or they do not get the Ranks. People settle for MBA from Punjab Technical University which is the most B Grade University in India. You are much much better than many people out there. Trust me.

Don't Lose hope. You're what you make yourself to be. How you Perceive yourself. You are just 22 my dear. I am 25 now and have Just started a Job after completing my PG. Trust me, It is very comforting to be a Post Graduate and then Pursue a Career as we know our Educational Qualification would never come in the way of our Growth.

Please Try and see the Positives in your Life.
    Think about people who are Born and Die in Jhuggis. You are much much better than them my Friend. TRust me, your Life is AWESOME. !!

Regards.
    My Personality depends on who I am.My Attitude depends on who you are.
    a_decent_1™ ©®

New Born

We know any one cant do abut ur brother, it takes time for every one, so Just chill take a pill n have tight sleep..U will see new life awaiting for yourself next morning

New Born

Your brother's loss can never be compensated....and I for one who believes its probable for us to tell the other one how much we love.......

About Carrier - Its not yet begun.... Don't shy away from reality and face your friends. Don't always go by status on FB because its more copied or show off. You have responsibility and move on with it to your best ability.

All the Best for the future.... And more than anyone else be Successful to yourself.