Thread: Better Life in IPL and CLT20 than in WI: Chris 'Storm' Gayle

Angry Better Life in IPL and CLT20 than in WI: Chris 'Storm' Gayle

Chris Gayle joins the list of players who would prefer IPL over Cricket Board along with Lasith Malinga, Dilshan and few others.

I got more respect and better life while playing IPL and Champions league instead of being with West Indies board for the last 3 years. I couldn't have asked for better than IPL from GOD. It's not about money, its about better life. Chris Gayle quoted by Outlook Magazine.

Ready to play for India, if BCCI offers me a chance. Why would someone ignore the one offering to pay 10 times the amount you earn. It's not about country, it's about who'll treat you better, BCCI treats their players better than any other boards around the world. It would be a pleasure to represent them if i get a chance. If ICC allowed free participation to any team around the world. All players around the globe would have joined Indian team given the popularity and treatment by the board.

‎"Being the No 1 in five-day cricket does not pay your bills. Players are making over 90 million dollars over three years for playing in the IPL for a few days," Chris Gayle was quoted as saying by Outlook magazine. "But when we play for country, we make roughly 3-5 million dollars in 3 year playing every possible day. I can't even buy a house with that. IPL has gave me and many players the money to survive. This is why the IPL is important for us. Thanks to BCCI, I'm still active in cricket or else i might have been working in a bar. About India I feel they'll smack back to no.1 position soon, it is just like another bad phase."

~ End of Thread ~

@WI:

Angry

He should remember that it was his country because of which he got a chance to play in IPL.....Country should always come first....