Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couples Who Connected on Set

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Smile Couples Who Connected on Set

Lights, Camera, Love! Couples Who Connected on Set

These star pairs (Brad & Angelina! Daniel & Rachel!) are still going strong after their romance blossomed behind the cameras.

Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayee Ho
    Kismat Pe Naa Aaaye Yakeen....

Rachel Weisz & Daniel Craig

There's nothing like playing husband and wife in a movie to get the romantic juices flowing. British actors Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig have known each other for many years, but it wasn't until shortly after they wrapped filming on the thriller Dream House in late 2010 that sparks flew for the pair. Craig, who had split with longtime love Satsuki Mitchell in early 2010, and Weisz, who called off her engagement to director Darren Aronofsky in November 2010, were first spotted getting cozy together in the English countryside last Christmas -- and their romance hit the fast track from there. After a PDA-filled Valentine's Day weekend, Craig, 43, and Weisz, 41, were married in a secret wedding ceremony (attended by just four people!) in upstate New York on June 22. Though the two are notoriously tight-lipped about their relationship, Weisz has thrown the media one bone: When asked by Lucky if she and Craig would have any kids together, the mother of 5-year-old Henry (with Aronofsky) replied, "You never know." Hey, it's something!

Lauren Graham & Peter Krause

Lauren Graham and Peter Krause play brother and sister on NBC's Parenthood, but offscreen their connection is more intimate. The pair took a while to go public with their relationship, which they had kept secret for some time due in part to Graham's worries: "I've been really protective of it, because it's important that you can buy us as brother and sister on the show," she told Redbook. The couple has been a long time coming -- Graham, 44, and Krause, 46, first met 15 years ago when the actress moved to Los Angeles to begin her career. Sparks didn't exactly fly back then though. "He asked me over to his house to play a board game, and that's what we ended up doing," Graham admits. But now, a decade-and-a-half later, the costars are happily spending almost all of their time together, on set as siblings and off set as sweethearts!

Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth

The spark was instantaneous when singer-actress Miley Cyrus, 18, first met her The Last Song costar, Aussie hunk Liam Hemsworth, 21, on the set of their movie and he showed his chivalrous side. "I actually turned to the director and said, 'He's got the job.' He's hot and he opened the door. Excellent," she told Ellen DeGeneres on an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show airing March 31, 2010. Though the two broke up for a spell before rekindling their romance, they certainly seem to be in it for the long haul this time around: Miley even traveled Down Under to meet Hemsworth's parents. "It was really cool to show Miley where I'm from and how I grew up, and it's a completely different world to where she's from," Hemsworth told E!.

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

After playing kick-butt hitmen in 2005's Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Brad Pitt, 47, and Angelina Jolie, 36, hit it off as an off-screen duo as well. The philanthropic pair (their global volunteerism has taken them from New Orleans to Haiti to Cambodia and beyond) has expanded to become a blossoming brood with children Maddox, 10, Pax, 7, Zahara, 6, Shiloh, 5, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 3. "Parenting can become hectic, but it is also great fun. In fact, it is the ultimate teamwork," Pitt told People in 2009. "But when all else fails, Mommy and Daddy need to hire a babysitter, go away and get dirty."

Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner

The best thing to come out of the 2003 action flick Daredevil? Ben Affleck became good friends with Jennifer Garner, both 39. Though they were both involved with other people (he was with another Jennifer, as in Lopez; she was married to Scott Foley), they developed a strong friendship. A year after the movie came out, they came out as a couple. Married in 2005, they welcomed daughter Violet, now 5, later that year and baby Seraphina, 2, in January 2009, and are now expecting their third child. What's the secret to their relationship's success? "One thing that makes it not not work is that we're both pretty nice," Garner told Marie Claire. "He's not someone who's ever going to blow up on anyone. What I mean is, if he's ever angry with me, he doesn't act out on it in a weird way or yell at me. And I am the same. So we can handle conflict in a very loving and adult way."

Courteney Cox & David Arquette

A horror flick drove Courteney Cox, 47, and David Arquette, 40, into one another's arms. The pair found love on the set of 1996's Scream, in which they played love interests, not so ironically. After a romantic courtship, they married in 1999 and had daughter Coco, now 7, in 2004. Though Courteney told Marie Claire magazine in 2009 that she was "so in love with David right now," the two announced their separation on Oct. 10, 2010. But there's still hope for these crazy kids: Though David has confirmed that he's dating Christina McLarty, he and Cox have yet to file for divorce, still have "strong feelings" for each other and even vacation together. Plus, Cox and daughter Coco are David's No. 1 fans now that he's a contestant on Dancing with the Stars -- they even go to the shows to cheer for him!

Katherine Heigl & Josh Kelley

After appearing in musician Josh Kelley's video for the song "Only You," former Grey's Anatomy doc Katherine Heigl, 32, found a love connection with the rocker, 31. The cute couple got married in Park City, Utah on Dec. 23, 2007, and these days the two are head over heels for their adopted baby daughter, Naleigh, 2. "(Adoption is) really important to me," Heigl told Ellen DeGeneres. "I wanted to make sure I was marrying a guy... who understood that that was going to have to happen."

Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos

Before Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos, both 40, were married with three children, they had All My Children. One year after their soap-opera characters hooked up on the show, the pair became an off-screen duo and later eloped. More than 10 years later, they're still going strong (and have kids Michael, 14, Lola, 10, and Joaquin, 8). In fact, Consuelos often stands in when Regis Philbin is on vacation from Live with Regis and Kelly. "I think it's a family effort," Ripa told OK! magazine about the teamwork that goes into balancing career and home life. "The hero becomes the family, and the family becomes the hero. I don't think I'm the hero in the family."

Jessica Alba & Cash Warren

Producer Cash Warren, 32, became the envy of regular guys across the globe when he forged a relationship with Jessica Alba, 30, after meeting her on the set of her blockbuster Fantastic Four in 2004. Despite some mixed feelings about marriage (the actress has called it "warped") the two married in 2008, and soon welcomed baby Honor Marie, now 3. They added daughter Haven Gardner to their brood in August. "I chose to get married because, essentially, you're given a deck of cards in life... the one person you can choose to bring into your life as your family and to have that unconditional love with is your husband or wife," Alba told OK! magazine. "I'm choosing you as my family, and we're going to love each other through thick and thin."

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith

Will Smith, 43, met Jada Pinkett-Smith, 40, in 1995 when she auditioned for the role of his TV girlfriend on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. She lost the part... but later won Will's heart in real life, falling for his sense of humor and charm. The couple wed in 1997 and has two kids together -- Jaden, 13, and Willow, 10 (Smith has another son, Trey, from a previous marriage). And the acting duo has guided their kids into the family business. Jaden starred opposite his dad in 2006's The Pursuit of Happyness, and became a box-office star in his own right with 2010's Karate Kid remake. And Will is making a name for herself as the singer behind the hit "Whip My Hair." How do they stay grounded? "Family is number one," Pinkett-Smith told Good Housekeeping magazine. "I figure out how I can give them what they need, and in turn be given the time to do what I want."

Sarah Michelle Gellar & Freddie Prinze Jr.

I Know What You Did Last Summer costars Sarah Michelle Gellar, 34, and Freddie Prinze Jr., 35, first met in 1997, got engaged in 2000, then starred together again in 2002's Scooby-Doo and its sequel. A low-key couple who tries their best to stay away from the paparrazzi lenses, Gellar and Prinze enjoyed newlywed life for seven years before having daughter Charlotte, now 2. "Becoming a parent is the most selfless act, and you need to be at a point in your life where you can give up anything and everything for a child," Gellar told People of waiting before starting a family. "I don't know if you know how to do that when you're in your 20s." Her husband concurs: "I feel like I appreciate this so much more."

Talisa Soto & Benjamin Bratt

Fresh from his split with Julia Roberts, Benjamin Bratt met actress Talisa Soto on the set of 2001's Pinero, which told the story of drug-addicted playwright Miguel Pinero and his lover, played by Soto. The lovebirds wasted no time settling down. The following year, they were married and expecting. Benjamin, 47, and Talisa, 44, now have two children: Sophia, 8, and Mateo, who turns 6 Oct. 3. "It's like being in love for the first time," Bratt told reporters when the two tied the knot. "It has also been very quiet and low-key, which has suited us both."

Heather Locklear & Jack Wagner

Former Melrose Place costars Heather Locklear, 50, and Jack Wagner, who turns 52 on Oct. 3, have found each other foxy all over again. The soapy sex symbols started popping up together in 2007, and have been a duo ever since. Wagner stood by the actress when she sought treatment for anxiety and depression in 2008. "I'm just happy that she's happy," he told People at the time. And they now have another reason to be happy: The couple announced their engagement in August.

Claire Danes & Hugh Dancy

Claire Danes, 32, and British actor Hugh Dancy, 36, became a real-life pair after their chemistry took hold while filming Evening in 2007. Following a two-year courtship, the two wed in a low-key wedding in France in September 2009. "He's such a cutie patootie," Danes told Black Book magazine. "While relationships are work, this just didn't feel like it. It's the kind of work that feels energizing rather than enervating. I find it very freeing to know that, okay, it takes constant nurturing and attention, but I can also stop looking for the one."