Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to save message of iphone to PC?

New Born

Default How to save message of iphone to PC?

Hi guys...

PLs help me with this.. i want to save my SMSs from iphone to pc.

I am using iphone 3G.

Pls help

SB ICON Major General

This tutorial will help you save all those important and juicy text messages on your iPhone to your computer for later reading.

If you followed my previous tutorial, “How To Recover Your iPhone Files, Photos, Contacts, Notes, SMS, Call History, Etc.”, you learned how to recover iPhone files from a backup on your computer to restore back to your iPhone. By now you should already downloaded and installed two free applications called DiskAid and iPhone Backup Extractor. For this tutorial, we only need DiskAid to transfer your text messages or SMS from your iPhone to your computer, but we need another one to read those messages from a database and save them in a file format that can be read and properly formatted by an application like MS Excel or any other spreadsheet. This is where we need SQLite Database Browser.

What You Need

Download and install the following:

DiskAid for Mac or Windows

SQLite Database Browser for Mac or Windows

Use DiskAid To Copy “sms.db” From iPhone To Computer

(1) Connect your iPhone to your computer.

(2) Open DiskAid

(3) Click the pull-down at the bottom of the screen where it says Media Folder and select Root Folder (click Go Ahead when a warning window pops up).

(4) Click User -> Library -> SMS -> sms.db.

(5) Click the Copy to Folder icon above and save the “sms.db” file to a folder in your computer.

(6) From your compuer, right-click on sms.db and open it with the SQLite Database Browser application you just installed.

(7) From the SQLite Database Browser, click on the menu File -> Export -> Table as CSV file.

(8) On the Table name drop-down list, select message and click Export.

(9) Save the file with a .csv extension (ex. sms.csv).

(10) Open the file with MS Excel or any other spreadsheet.

New Born

Thanks a lot dude.. you rock!!!!

SB ICON Major General

welcome buddy

New Born

You can use iTunes to save messages of iPhone to PC. Indeed, with iTunes all the data (messages, contacts) will be contained in the backup file, but it is a unreadable format, you can use backup extractor program to rip this backup file and extract messages from iPhone to computer, you can edit and print them.
    Last edited by GabyBerry; 24-09-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Banned

if you have a Yosemite mac, and enable SMS forwarding, the SMS and iMessage will automatically go in the Messages app in the Mac. you can therefore archive these messages in the app. And even if the Mac crashes/dies, the Time machine backup will have a copy of the SMS+iMessages, forever.

Also, The SMS and iMessage are automatically saved in the iTunes/iCloud Backup, however, this has 2 drawbacks:

• If the iPhone is lost/dies, you'll be able to recover the messages only by putting the backup on a newly reset/bought iPhone.
    • the backup only saves current SMS/iMessage, which means that if you manually delete from the iPhone the messages, it will also delete from the backup next time the backup syncs. This therefore doesn't allow "archiving".

So the first solution is best if you have a Mac, especially since it's for legal reasons, for which it is recommended to have 2 versions of the files.
    Hope this helps

New Born

Unhappy http://advancemenpower.com/brain-peak/

Brain Peak
    :- Basically on the grounds that, I have encountered it's definitive results that I never anticipated. It was truly stunning to get mind blowing results with a supplement. To be genuine, I am among the individuals who doesn't trust supplements effectively. Seeing my low and dull psychological wellness, my sister convinced me to utilize Brain Peak. Keeping her worry and adoration, I try it attempt. Bit by bit, I could make sense of discernible upgrades in my reviewing force. This mind promoter gave a major help to my psychological well-being in my 30s. Presently, I can rival anybody, because of my shrewd personality. All because of my sister whose adoration and concern got me this extreme gift. You too ought to attempt this extreme recipe!
    Visit Here For Buy Now Brain Peak ==>> http://advancemenpower.com/brain-peak/

New Born

1. Connect to your iPhone or iPad & open iExplorer.
    2. To Click on the Data tab in the Device Overview screen and click on the Messages button.
    3. If you haven't created an iTunes backup yet on this computer, you will be asked whether to make one (choose Yes). If you do already have an iTunes backup, and it's more than 24 hours old, iExplorer will ask whether you'd like to Use Last Backup or Refresh to create a new one.
    4. Once iExplorer has finished loading your Messages, you may select a conversation in the left panel. Use the icons at the top of the conversation-view to filter by date-range, show attachments only, or export the whole conversation.
    5. If you don't want to transfer the entire conversation, you may select each message bubble, or multiples, and click the "Export # Messages" button

Informatica Training in Chennai | Hadoop Training in Chennai

New Born

Nice information for iPhone user.

New Born

For legal reasons, we need to periodically save text messages (both SMS and iMessages). I am looking for a FREE solution preferably, but if there is a known good APP, we will consider it.

Any help appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, Windows 7

New Born

if you have a Yosemite mac, and enable SMS forwarding, the SMS and iMessage will automatically go in the Messages app in the Mac. you can therefore archive these messages in the app. And even if the Mac crashes/dies, the Time machine backup will have a copy of the SMS+iMessages, forever.

Also, The SMS and iMessage are automatically saved in the iTunes/iCloud Backup, however, this has 2 drawbacks:

• If the iPhone is lost/dies, you'll be able to recover the messages only by putting the backup on a newly reset/bought iPhone.
    • the backup only saves current SMS/iMessage, which means that if you manually delete from the iPhone the messages, it will also delete from the backup next time the backup syncs. This therefore doesn't allow "archiving".

So the first solution is best if you have a Mac, especially since it's for legal reasons, for which it is recommended to have 2 versions of the files.
    Hope this helps

<Edit>: Also, you'll probably never find an app that syncs messages, since iOS is a sandbox OS, meaning the Apps don't have access to the data of other apps. so Messages data isn't available to any other app.

New Born

Sharing good information. Thanks

New Born

For legal reasons, we need to periodically save text messages (both SMS and iMessages). I am looking for a FREE solution preferably, but if there is a known good APP, we will consider it.

Any help appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, Windows 7 http://www.traininginsholinganallur....n-chennai.html | http://www.traininginsholinganallur....n-chennai.html

New Born

Disk Aid is a paid software now. So if you prefer to use free programs to do this, then FoneTrans is quite nice option. You can transfer iphone messages to computer within 1-click. Other data such as contacts, music are supported.
    Last edited by sulewel; 03-06-2016 at 12:59 PM.

New Born

I don't have idea about it. I never try it. I am a term paper writer and i focus mainly on that area. Term paper writing services reviews is the best solution for students those who are struggling with term paper writing. While writing a term paper we have to consider several things to make it a perfect one. Term paper writing services reviews provide all guidelines.