Thread: Stars Who Hate Their Hits

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Stars Who Hate Their Hits

Some artists carry on contentious relationships with their most popular material. Here are a few singers who have shown signs they aren't always happy with their hit songs.
    Thank you bala

Miley Cyrus
    Miley Cyrus is all about partying in the USA, but not so much the song that she sang about it. In September, 2011, the singer was out for some light partying with the family at Club Paris in Chicago. She reportedly asked the DJ to play some of her material as long as it wasn't "Party In the USA."
    Thank you bala

Kurt Cobain
    In a 1994 interview with Rolling Stone, Kurt Cobain admitted he couldn't even remember how to play the guitar solo on "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and playing the song was "almost an embarrassment. "Everyone has focused on that song so much," he said. "The reason it gets a big reaction is people have seen it on MTV a million times. It's been pounded into their brains."
    Thank you bala

Thom Yorke
    Thom Yorke and the rest of the guys from Radiohead have repeatedly expressed their dismay at having to play "Creep" at every one of their early shows. In 1996, Yorke told Spin by the time they played the song on MTV Beach Party they felt done with it. "The beach party. We swore that would be the last time we'd do that f---ing thing. An MTV beach party. Standing by a pool, because the sun didn't come out."
    Thank you bala

Liam Gallagher
    Oasis singer Liam Gallagher is known for picking fights with his brother, Noel Gallagher, so perhaps it should come as no surprise that he would trash-talk the Noel-written hit "Wonderwall." "I can't f---ing stand that f---ing song! Every time I have to sing it I want to gag. Problem is, it was a big, big tune for us," he said in 2008.
    Thank you bala

Madonna
    After about 30 years in the spotlight, Madonna has put together a remarkable back catalog, but she doesn't love every song the same. "I'm not sure I can sing 'Holiday' or 'Like a Virgin' ever again," she told New York radio station Z100. "I just can't -- unless somebody paid me, like, $30 million or something. [Like if] some Russian guy wants me to come to the wedding he's going to have to a 17-year-old, you know it."
    Thank you bala

Bono
    U2 frontman Bono has the luxury of having many, many hits to choose from when the band plays live, but audiences still insist on hearing the one song that bugs him. He told WENN wire service in 2009 he's not crazy about the lyrics for "Where the Streets Have No Name." "I thought they were fairly inane but in the studio (Brian)Eno and (Daniel) Lanois thought they were perfect. I told them they were only sketches and I could do much better. But Eno is all about capturing the moment so those words stayed. Now I have to sing them for the rest of my life and it's our most successful live song."
    Thank you bala

Vanilla Ice
    In 1990 a little song called "Ice Ice Baby" took Robert Van Winkle on a wild ride that would, for better or worse, come to define his public image for probably the rest of his life. He's had a tough time with it. In 1999 in showed up on MTV to smash the network's "master copy" of the video with a baseball bat. He proceeded to tear apart the set, leaving Janeane Garofalo "genuinely afraid."
    Thank you bala

Vanilla Ice
    In 1990 a little song called "Ice Ice Baby" took Robert Van Winkle on a wild ride that would, for better or worse, come to define his public image for probably the rest of his life. He's had a tough time with it. In 1999 in showed up on MTV to smash the network's "master copy" of the video with a baseball bat. He proceeded to tear apart the set, leaving Janeane Garofalo "genuinely afraid."
    Thank you bala